Similar questions from the community
Can airport express connect to the internet via an internet data card
- Asked by Alan S from Banglamung,
- Aug 12, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can airport express connect to the internet via an internet data card)
Is this what is needed to connect to the internet with my MacBook Air via an ISP?
I have a MacBook Air with Airport Utility 6.3....
I want to connect to the internet when I move next week.
The ISP is called GreenLight in Wilson,NC which uses fiber optic cable.
Do I need to get only an Airport Express in order to connect using this service?
- Asked by Deborah C B from Raleigh
- Nov 5, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this what is needed to connect to the internet with my MacBook Air via an ISP?)
Our Digital VOIP phones connect to the internet via an ethernet cable. Will a Airport Express provide ample signal to support the digital phones?
Will Airport Express provide ample signal via an ethernet cable to support our new VOIP digital phones?
Airport express can share internet connection from wire to wireless?
Airport express can share internet line from wire (ethernet - input to airport express... WAN/LAN) to wireless (output from airport express)? Or just for extend the wireless connection? I want to know exactly, can airport express accept internet connection with wire (ethernet) and create wifi?
- Asked by L. R from Richmond
- Mar 5, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Airport express can share internet connection from wire to wireless?)
Will the AirPort express provide internet connection to my Playstation 4?
- Asked by Wyatt S from Southampton
- Sep 14, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the AirPort express provide internet connection to my Playstation 4?)
Do the Ethernet WAN & LAN ports on the Airport Express work to pass through an Internet connection even when the AirPort Express itself is shut down?
I have a cable modem with a single Ethernet port, which can be used to connect it to either a computer or a WiFi router, such as the AirPort Express. Thus if the modem is connected to a wireless router and an Ethernet connection to a computer is also desired, the latter must be connected to the Ethernet LAN port on the wireless router, which passes through the Ethernet WAN connection from the modem. I want to be able to turn off the wireless router when I don't need WiFi, but still have the computer connected to the Internet via Ethernet. Some wireless routers pass the connection from their Ethernet WAN port (connection from a modem) through to the Ethernet LAN port even when the device is itself not running. Is this true of the AirPort Express?
- Asked by Andrew M from Santa Fe
- Dec 8, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Do the Ethernet WAN & LAN ports on the Airport Express work to pass through an Internet connection even when the AirPort Express itself is shut down?)
Does wifi have to have highspeed Internet connection speed
Tried to use airport express on an Internet connection that is not the highspeed connection and it did not work. Does speed make a difference?
- Asked by Kevin K from Titusville
- Jun 24, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does wifi have to have highspeed Internet connection speed)
No Internet network in our RV?
Can we set up a network in our RV, with a airport express and AppleTV? We will not have internet access at the campground, but want to use Airplay from our iOS devices. Is this possible without an Internet connection?
- Asked by Jason C from Hebron
- Mar 8, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (No Internet network in our RV?)
No answers yet
Can AirPort Express be used to link devices such as iMac, iPad, AppleTV etc... WITHOUT ANY INTERNET CONNECTION?
I want to create a wireless network in my home for my apple devices, but do not want to connect them to the internet (at this stage). Will AirPort Express allow me to stream music & video held on my iMac on my TV via AppleTV?
- Asked by Tom B from Adelaide
- Feb 5, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can AirPort Express be used to link devices such as iMac, iPad, AppleTV etc... WITHOUT ANY INTERNET CONNECTION?)
I have a wireless broadband internet connection, can I use Airport Express to connect my iPad to the web with this kind of internet connection?
- Asked by Barrie C from Blackheath
- Jul 29, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a wireless broadband internet connection, can I use Airport Express to connect my iPad to the web with this kind of internet connection?)
can i stream audio from the internet to my airport express?
Would love it if i can stream audio from my internet sites, i.e. you tube, vimeo, radio internet. to my Airport express speakers.
I have the last generation Airport, where I cannot stream from net.
However, I phones can...
Does this one do it?
- Asked by Witty J A from Pacoima
- Nov 28, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (can i stream audio from the internet to my airport express?)
Networking an AV receiver via Airport express
I have a Yamaha AV Receiver that is networkable via a Ethernet port, can the airport express receive my wireless internet and feed it to the receiver via the Ethernet port on the unit ?
- Asked by Stephen J from Melbourne
- Dec 13, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Networking an AV receiver via Airport express)
No answers yet
No internet, rural area. does the airport ex allow me to play music over the airports wifi network to speakers?
My wife and I live in a very rural area without internet. We have a mobile share plan (with tethering) for out Iphone 4s'. I want to setup a wireless speaker network to play my itunes music around the house. Will the airport express allow this?
If I understand correctly, I will need to purchase multiple airport expresses. Let's say, 4 total, 1 for each room I want speakers in and one connected to my PC with my Itunes library? I connect each airport to a set of speakers in said rooms and I can control the itunes library from my iphone via an app from anywhere in the house, and it's all completed wireless save the connections from airport ex to speakers and pc.
please help me make sure this is clear before I go and spend $400 bucks on these pups.
- Asked by Susan M from Monroe
- Jan 17, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (No internet, rural area. does the airport ex allow me to play music over the airports wifi network to speakers?)
Do I need a fast internet connection if I plan to use AirPort Express only to stream music from my iOS device to AirPort Express-connected speakers?
What I'm trying to set up is this: I have a primary router in one room, and then I'll have AirPort Express in another room. The AirPort Express will have speakers attached to it. I also plan to move AirPort Express around the house for the times I want to take music to another room. My iOS devices and my AirPort Express will always be in the same room.
My concern is: if I stream music from my iOS device to my AirPort Express speakers, will the music have to be streamed first to my primary router in the other room before being relayed back to AirPort Express? Or will my iOS device have a direct connection? The reason I'm wondering this is that I've noticed that with iTunes wifi sync, I'm actually required to be online, even if my Mac and iOS device are in the same room. I believe that's the same for the iOS remote app as well. So it seems that I have to go through the cloud first anytime my iOS and Mac communicate wirelessly with each other. My concern now is, is that going to be required for streaming music to the AirPort Express that is just a few feet away from me? Because I hope not. I have thick walls in my house and my AirPort Express will probably at times be far from the main router. Additionally, I only have a 1 mbps connection (there are no faster connections in my area). So if I have to go through the cloud first before being able to stream music, there could be significant skipping.
Can I use Airport Express as an AP?
I have a Netscreen as firewall, connected to Internet, and I'd like to extend its LAN ports to wireless.
- Asked by 晓斌 刘 from Shanghai
- Feb 7, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use Airport Express as an AP?)
No answers yet
Connecting to my PC and Apple Devices via non apple router
Is it possible to have the airport express connect to a non apple router wirelessly?
Then is it possible to have it extend that range wirelessly to apple devices?
Then is it possible to connect my PC up to the airport express as well via ethernet?
So if it can connect to non apple router wirelessly, is possible to share that internet via ethernet as well as wirelessly?
- Asked by Alex T
- Jan 12, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Connecting to my PC and Apple Devices via non apple router)