Similar questions from the community
Is possible to replace the router provided with AT&T Uverse service with this one, and if so, what is the process?
In addition to it having absolutely terrible range, the 2Wire brand router AT&T gives you is NOT N-Speed so I want to use an Apple router instead.
I am guessing that it is not as simple as buying an Apple router and re-patching it so I am looking for tips and or instructions on how to do this properly. Thanks!
- Asked by Kyle D from Glendale
- Jul 17, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Is possible to replace the router provided with AT&T Uverse service with this one, and if so, what is the process?)
Can I use the Airport Express Base Station to replace my existing Netgear router and still maintain the same network?
My cable company setup the network in my house with their equipment: a modem and a Netgear router. The router does not provide adequate signal strength even for a desktop PC situated a few feet in the same room. As a test, I plugged in my Airport Extreme Base Station to one of the free ports on the back of the Netgear router and the PC, as well as other wireless devices nearby, received a stronger signal. I want to replace the Netgear router with the Express without creating a new network. Is this possible?
- Asked by Anthony G from Edison
- Sep 23, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the Airport Express Base Station to replace my existing Netgear router and still maintain the same network?)
can we use airport extreme used as repeater router
I am having a service provider wifi router as base station and recently purchased airport extreme.Is it possible to use it as repeater router to expand range of wifi network
- Asked by Milind S
- May 30, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (can we use airport extreme used as repeater router)
Does this replace Wifi
Can I take this to school to set up a wifi hotspot, similar to the service on the iPhone. Ontop of that, can it act as a wifi router in my house? Basically, can I just just plug this thing in and get wifi?
- Asked by Lauren P from Seattle
- Jan 23, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this replace Wifi)
Will the Airport function as a router with a dongle/broadband stick from another country inserted in its USB port so I can pickup broadbands services?
I would like to be able to use two iPads at one time when my wife and I are traveling.
Do I need to pay for an internet service or will this take the place of it?
I am moving and need to find a new source of internet, my question is that if i buy this, will i be able to just use this for my internet or will i still need to find an internet provider?
- Asked by Kate F from Washington
- Dec 30, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I need to pay for an internet service or will this take the place of it?)
I am replacing my old airport express router with an identical new one, any short cuts? Will use same password etc
the old one was loosing the connection frequently
- Asked by Lawrence H from Oceanside
- Jun 14, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (I am replacing my old airport express router with an identical new one, any short cuts? Will use same password etc)
Can the airport express replace the router?
- Asked by Jeff S from Ashland
- Dec 16, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the airport express replace the router?)
No answers yet
Can this Extend the Network of my Verizon FIOS ActionTec Router?
I have a Verizon-supplied Actiontec router, which is in one room in the house. I'd like to put the Airport Express int the living room, connect it to the stereo for Airplay AND extend the Wireless Network of the ActionTec router, is this possible?
- Asked by Yonah W from White Plains
- Sep 7, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this Extend the Network of my Verizon FIOS ActionTec Router?)
does router come with warranty
Not the one you have to buy
- Asked by Shawn M from Madawaska
- Jun 27, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (does router come with warranty)
No answers yet
Connecting to my PC and Apple Devices via non apple router
Is it possible to have the airport express connect to a non apple router wirelessly?
Then is it possible to have it extend that range wirelessly to apple devices?
Then is it possible to connect my PC up to the airport express as well via ethernet?
So if it can connect to non apple router wirelessly, is possible to share that internet via ethernet as well as wirelessly?
- Asked by Alex T
- Jan 12, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Connecting to my PC and Apple Devices via non apple router)
Can I use base station as a piggy back from my router? i.e. router in one room and base station in another room?
I have a Sky Router which is in one place which I cannot change (I am in a 1420 listed Property). Nor can I fit any printer to it; I have no space there. So I want to use Base station remotely in another room. I need to how and if it can be done. Thanks!
I already have a non-apple router. Is there anyway to use an airport express for AirPlay without replacing my router with an AirPort Extreme?
I can't replace my router with an airport express as my modem is not near the speakers.
replacement power cord
hey, my house was flooded during hurricane sandy and im just now starting to move back in.. I realize now that the power cord was completely submerged and is shot.. however the airport itself was not damaged by the water and is in good condition... I was wondering if you can buy just a new power strip or if im going to have to buy the whole new router?
- Asked by Ryan O from Brick
- Feb 21, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (replacement power cord)
No answers yet
Can I connect two Mac desktops with this router?
I have a newer Mac and my husband has one about 8 years old. Will one router
work for both? I also have an ipad, iphone and ipod.
- Asked by Janet H from Billings
- Jul 3, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect two Mac desktops with this router?)
How Much Does One Pays For The Wirelss Service, Air Port Express Bill Per Month?
Air Port Express, Bill Per Month?
- Asked by Jesus R from New York
- Oct 4, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (How Much Does One Pays For The Wirelss Service, Air Port Express Bill Per Month?)
Can I use the AirPort Express to connect to my existing wireless and then make my printer and music play wirelessly?
I already have a wireless router, and wired printer. I want to extend my wireless range, and I also want to be able to turn my wired printer into a wireless one, along with my wired speakers into wireless speakers. Is this possible?
- Asked by Xavier S from Washington
- Oct 22, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the AirPort Express to connect to my existing wireless and then make my printer and music play wirelessly?)
Can this be used as a wireless router for a home network?
I am interested in buying this but before i do i need to know. I am gathering that it can be but it would be nice to have yes or no answer and not a maybe before i buy one. Thank You
- Asked by Joshua W from Sweet Springs
- Jun 11, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used as a wireless router for a home network?)
using Xbox 360 and iMac
is this the proper device for the following network:
>one Mac (late-model 27" iMac) in the room with the AirPort Express
>one Xbox 360 in a different room
>connection to cable internet via a standard router (furnished by cable provider, working as a wired setup for the iMac now )
and a follow-up question:
Is there any chance this wireless net will interfere with any wireless connections in the house, such as the Mac keyboard or mouse, the Xbox controller or a wireless home phone? I assume the frequencies are very different.
- Asked by Wayne S from Sun City
- Feb 13, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (using Xbox 360 and iMac)