Similar questions from the community
Is the current AirPort Express compatible with the Mac OS X Mountain Lion?
- Asked by Austin T from Sapulpa
- Aug 23, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the current AirPort Express compatible with the Mac OS X Mountain Lion?)
Is AirPort Express model A1084, (with retractable plug prongs, and an ethernet, USB, and a cable port, compatible with the Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8
my new iMac OSX 10.8.2 recognizes no airport devices, which only blink yellow. The network that my old iMac OSX 10.4 recognized, did not transfer to the new device at the time of purchase, and I cannot seem to establish a new network to stream music to my stereo. The airport express devices are about 2006 vintage.
- Asked by Stephen S from Portland
- Dec 9, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Is AirPort Express model A1084, (with retractable plug prongs, and an ethernet, USB, and a cable port, compatible with the Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8)
Is the airport express compatible with mavericks os?
Trying to figure out if I can hook this up and connect this so we can share an Epson 1400 printer.
- Asked by Carol C from Rowley
- Apr 15, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the airport express compatible with mavericks os?)
Can I use the AirPort Express with Mac OS X Server's RADIUS server?
I have installed Mac OS X Server on my MacBook Air and would like to create a Wi-Fi network that asks for a username and password with the RADIUS server. Can I use the AirPort Express or do I have to buy the AirPort Extreme?
- Asked by Samuel E
- Jan 25, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the AirPort Express with Mac OS X Server's RADIUS server?)
Are Canon printers supported by the new Airport Express?
The CAPT and UFR2 drivers for Mac OS X require bidirectional communication with the printer. That is, as well as sending data to the printer, they expect data to be sent back.
Unless the new Airport Express is different to its predecessors, the USB port on the Airport does not support bidirectional communication and this stops the UFR2 and CAPT driver from working.
Is the new Airport Express compatible with those drivers?
- Asked by Marco T from Castel Gandolfo
- Jun 29, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Are Canon printers supported by the new Airport Express?)
Airplay compatibility with G4 Macs
My WiFi soundsystem has an Airport Extreme base station and an Airport Express node connected to a Bose sound system. I have a Macbook Pro (2014) and an iMac G4 (the "jetsons" with Mac OS 10.4.11) that is hardwired (LAN ethernet) to the base station. Sound system has worked for @ 10 years until I replaced the worn-out Express with a new one last year. The G4 now appears not to have Airplay capability anymore (I can't find it on Airport Utility) and the G4's ITunes (version 9) will not show multiple speaker options.
Can I restore this G4 back to the Airplay WiFi network?
- Asked by Calhoun B from Mebane
- Jul 15, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Airplay compatibility with G4 Macs)
No answers yet
Does this Airport Express work with OS X 10.4.11?
- Asked by Suzanne D from San Diego
- Feb 16, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this Airport Express work with OS X 10.4.11?)
Compatibility with previous generation of airport extreme
I currently have 2 airport extreme base stations these are configured with the radio set to 5 ghz as a single wireless network. can i introduce a airport express into the same wireless network but have this airport express transmitting on both 2.4 and 5 ghz simultaneously or will it be restricted to 5 ghz due to the older airport extreme configuration.
- Asked by Steve T
- Apr 22, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Compatibility with previous generation of airport extreme)
Does the Airport express work with Yosemite 10.3.3?
I am considering purchasing the Airport express so I can wirelessly stream Pandora to my home stereo using the RCA style input jack. Will the Express work with OS X Yosemite version 10.3.3?
- Asked by Bruce C from Scappoose
- Jul 25, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Airport express work with Yosemite 10.3.3?)
is airport express compatible with zte routers
I was going to give my Airport Express to a friend in columbia who has a ZTE ZXHN F660 wireless router. Are the two compatible?
- Asked by Daniel L from Ashburn
- Jun 8, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (is airport express compatible with zte routers)
No answers yet
Is the Airport Express Windows 10 compatible?
- Asked by Scott W from Huntersville
- Jan 30, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the Airport Express Windows 10 compatible?)
No answers yet
I already have a Net gear Wireless Router. Can I add the Airport Express to my network without plugging it directly into my current router?
I'm not very tech smart on wireless networking so just a simple answer will do :-)
does airport express have a current converter so that I can use it in Australia without using a converter?
We are going to Australia and want to use Airport Express. Does it require that I use a separate currency converter from 120 - 220 or does Airport Express have a built in converter?
- Asked by Murray M from Thunder Bay
- Jan 14, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (does airport express have a current converter so that I can use it in Australia without using a converter?)
Technical network question: can I use the Express with my current Airport Extreme, as a repeater with printer connected?
I currently have an airport extreme, which is very good at getting range throughout my very long unit (about 30 meters.)
I have my TV, XBOX, PC down one end.. and my iMac is down the other end. I had the Extreme set up in the middle of the house. So it turns out, my xbox360 along with the NBA App wont give me HD unless its plugged in, even if the wireless Extreme unit is sitting 5 inches away from the XBOX360 (I tested this). Highlights work fine, but actual games - na.
So I though I would move the extreme in the room with the XBOX 360 etc in it..
Anyway, surprisingly, down the other end of the house, the iMac works on the internet fine! The iPhone 5 also works well.(checked with speediest and can confirm that the iphone lost less than 10% at the end of the house! impressive :-) ) BUT when I look at the iMac network connection, it says the transmit signal is only 27 down from around 217. The internet is fine, but youtube has taken a hit.
My dilemma then, is that I need the printer connected to a wireless device so everything including our laptops can print. I also would not mind extending the range back out for the iMac.
So I am considering the Express to put in the middle of the house.
1) If I have my modem plugged into the extreme, I assume I can use the express as an extender?
2) Can I plug the printer into the Extender, or in this case, the little express which will be used as an extender?
I sort of dont want the printer near the TV due to room issues, and would like to bring back the super quickness of the internet to the iMac.. Im not so fussed about the internet for the iMac, as its only YouTube which has taken a hit, everything else works great, which is amazing at such a long range. (almost 100 feet)
- Asked by Dennis K from Mosman
- Nov 15, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Technical network question: can I use the Express with my current Airport Extreme, as a repeater with printer connected?)