Similar questions from the community
Power Supply voltage question
Does this Airport Express have a 110/220 switch mode power supply for international use?
- Asked by David C from San Francisco
- Jun 14, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Power Supply voltage question)
What is the power voltage range for the AirPort Express?
In my country we have 220V AC, usually all products can work with a 110-240 V AC, but this one, does not specify anything in the manual nor the product. Thanks
- Asked by Francisco E from Lima
- Jun 23, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the power voltage range for the AirPort Express?)
Do you have Airport express using 12v dc power supply?
- Asked by Nancy M from Sedona
- Jul 18, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Do you have Airport express using 12v dc power supply?)
Can the USB port be used to send an audio signal?
For example, I'm thinking about purchasing the B & W MM-1 speaker system. The speakers have there own 9-volt power supply. They get their signal from USB. Can I plug them into the USB and make them function? I know there's a 3.5mm jack, however, I'd prefer to use USB.
- Asked by Jason S from Barrie
- Jul 18, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the USB port be used to send an audio signal?)
does it have Power over ethernet?
- Asked by Gregorie H from Macungie
- Jun 11, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (does it have Power over ethernet?)
Technical network question: can I use the Express with my current Airport Extreme, as a repeater with printer connected?
I currently have an airport extreme, which is very good at getting range throughout my very long unit (about 30 meters.)
I have my TV, XBOX, PC down one end.. and my iMac is down the other end. I had the Extreme set up in the middle of the house. So it turns out, my xbox360 along with the NBA App wont give me HD unless its plugged in, even if the wireless Extreme unit is sitting 5 inches away from the XBOX360 (I tested this). Highlights work fine, but actual games - na.
So I though I would move the extreme in the room with the XBOX 360 etc in it..
Anyway, surprisingly, down the other end of the house, the iMac works on the internet fine! The iPhone 5 also works well.(checked with speediest and can confirm that the iphone lost less than 10% at the end of the house! impressive :-) ) BUT when I look at the iMac network connection, it says the transmit signal is only 27 down from around 217. The internet is fine, but youtube has taken a hit.
My dilemma then, is that I need the printer connected to a wireless device so everything including our laptops can print. I also would not mind extending the range back out for the iMac.
So I am considering the Express to put in the middle of the house.
1) If I have my modem plugged into the extreme, I assume I can use the express as an extender?
2) Can I plug the printer into the Extender, or in this case, the little express which will be used as an extender?
I sort of dont want the printer near the TV due to room issues, and would like to bring back the super quickness of the internet to the iMac.. Im not so fussed about the internet for the iMac, as its only YouTube which has taken a hit, everything else works great, which is amazing at such a long range. (almost 100 feet)
- Asked by Dennis K from Mosman
- Nov 15, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Technical network question: can I use the Express with my current Airport Extreme, as a repeater with printer connected?)
Does it supply wifi if i have no computer - I have only an iphone and ipad? I live in a rural area and need wifi for my iphone and ipad .
- Asked by Terri S from Troutville
- Jun 28, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it supply wifi if i have no computer - I have only an iphone and ipad? I live in a rural area and need wifi for my iphone and ipad .)
replacement power cord
hey, my house was flooded during hurricane sandy and im just now starting to move back in.. I realize now that the power cord was completely submerged and is shot.. however the airport itself was not damaged by the water and is in good condition... I was wondering if you can buy just a new power strip or if im going to have to buy the whole new router?
- Asked by Ryan O from Brick
- Feb 21, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (replacement power cord)
No answers yet
What electric AC power use?
- Asked by Juan D from Las Rozas De Madrid
- Jul 7, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (What electric AC power use?)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme
No answers yet
Does the USB port power third party peripherals?
I wish to use the airport express to stream (airplay) music to a hi-fi system.
In order to connect the airport express (digital optical out) to the amp (analogue RCA phono) I will need to use a digital to analogue converter.
The majority of these are mains powered but I am looking at a USB powered one and I need to know if the USB port on the airport express will be able to power a digital to analogue converter as it appears its main function is to connect to a printer.
- Asked by Steven H
- Dec 22, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the USB port power third party peripherals?)
Will the Airport Express function using Power over Ethernet (PoE) instead of using the included power cord?
I would like to mount this in a location that does not have power readily available. Can the unit be powered using Power over Ethernet?
- Asked by Derek G from Matthews
- Oct 20, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the Airport Express function using Power over Ethernet (PoE) instead of using the included power cord?)
Does anybody know what the power consumption of the new Airport Express is?
The 1st generation draws only 2 watts. An Airport Extreme is about 7 w.
- Asked by George S from Torrance
- Dec 13, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does anybody know what the power consumption of the new Airport Express is?)
Does the USB give enough power to charge an iPhone and iPad? Does it came with power cable or still plug in-wall like old version?
- Asked by Kenneth Thow Jiun L
- Jun 11, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the USB give enough power to charge an iPhone and iPad? Does it came with power cable or still plug in-wall like old version?)
Can this Extend the Network of my Verizon FIOS ActionTec Router?
I have a Verizon-supplied Actiontec router, which is in one room in the house. I'd like to put the Airport Express int the living room, connect it to the stereo for Airplay AND extend the Wireless Network of the ActionTec router, is this possible?
- Asked by Yonah W from White Plains
- Sep 7, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this Extend the Network of my Verizon FIOS ActionTec Router?)
I don't have an Internet connection but just want to create a local wireless network with airport express Apple TV and my mac book pro. Can I?
I am on a yacht hence the question. I just want to stream from mac book pro to Apple TV?
Do I need to pay for an internet service or will this take the place of it?
I am moving and need to find a new source of internet, my question is that if i buy this, will i be able to just use this for my internet or will i still need to find an internet provider?
- Asked by Kate F from Washington
- Dec 30, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I need to pay for an internet service or will this take the place of it?)