Similar questions from the community
Existing wifi network - connection to speakers and sky boy
I have a wifi network in my house, powered by a wireless router next to my telephone socket.
In a totally different room, I have some ipod speakers and a sky box next to each other. The existing wifi signal is strong here.
What I want to do is:
1) Play music from iPhone iTunes over wifi to the existing speakers and
2) Connect my sky box to the internet via its Ethernet port.
Can I do this using a AirPort Express Base Station?
- Asked by William J
- Jun 23, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Existing wifi network - connection to speakers and sky boy)
Will airport express support Horizon HD TV from UPC my signal in another room is bad will airport express work with the horizon tv box boost signal.
Will the AirPort Express work in my motorhome as a companion to a WifiRanger Sky extender?
I just won a WifiRanger Sky range extender, and will mount it on the roof of my motorhome. The company makes a companion indoor router (the Go2), but it was not part of the prize package. It goes for $199.99, so I'm looking for a less expensive alternative. Will the AirPort Express be compatible with the WifiRanger Sky? And will it serve the same function as the Go2? What other solutions have any of you tried for better connectivity in a motorhome? We travel full-time, and often must rely on RV park wifi. Thanks!
- Asked by Ann C from Austin
- Jul 27, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the AirPort Express work in my motorhome as a companion to a WifiRanger Sky extender?)
Can I use AirPort Express in my vehicle?
is this a mobile device or does it have to be plugged in to the wall outlet?
- Asked by Michael S from Summerville
- Jun 30, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use AirPort Express in my vehicle?)
How do you connect airport express to a wall cable without a cable box?
I have a weak wireless connection from airport extreme in my house. I need to boost signal to garage apt. Can I use the express as an extender?
- Asked by Jennifer M from Sarasota
- Jul 15, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (How do you connect airport express to a wall cable without a cable box?)
can airport express run a hard drive?
Can I plug a hard drive into the Airport Express's USB port and access it wirelessly?
- Asked by Andy H from Kutztown
- Oct 1, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can airport express run a hard drive?)
Can I hook multiple devices up to 1 airport express, or do I need an airport for each device?
Can I, for instance, hook both my USB printer and my network based HD up to one airport, or would I need 2 airports to do so?
- Asked by Linda L
- Dec 31, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I hook multiple devices up to 1 airport express, or do I need an airport for each device?)
Technical network question: can I use the Express with my current Airport Extreme, as a repeater with printer connected?
I currently have an airport extreme, which is very good at getting range throughout my very long unit (about 30 meters.)
I have my TV, XBOX, PC down one end.. and my iMac is down the other end. I had the Extreme set up in the middle of the house. So it turns out, my xbox360 along with the NBA App wont give me HD unless its plugged in, even if the wireless Extreme unit is sitting 5 inches away from the XBOX360 (I tested this). Highlights work fine, but actual games - na.
So I though I would move the extreme in the room with the XBOX 360 etc in it..
Anyway, surprisingly, down the other end of the house, the iMac works on the internet fine! The iPhone 5 also works well.(checked with speediest and can confirm that the iphone lost less than 10% at the end of the house! impressive :-) ) BUT when I look at the iMac network connection, it says the transmit signal is only 27 down from around 217. The internet is fine, but youtube has taken a hit.
My dilemma then, is that I need the printer connected to a wireless device so everything including our laptops can print. I also would not mind extending the range back out for the iMac.
So I am considering the Express to put in the middle of the house.
1) If I have my modem plugged into the extreme, I assume I can use the express as an extender?
2) Can I plug the printer into the Extender, or in this case, the little express which will be used as an extender?
I sort of dont want the printer near the TV due to room issues, and would like to bring back the super quickness of the internet to the iMac.. Im not so fussed about the internet for the iMac, as its only YouTube which has taken a hit, everything else works great, which is amazing at such a long range. (almost 100 feet)
- Asked by Dennis K from Mosman
- Nov 15, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Technical network question: can I use the Express with my current Airport Extreme, as a repeater with printer connected?)
Will the range on the new Airport Express be stronger than the previous model?
Due to my cable companies decision, my connection box & Airport Express is located in a closet. I sometimes struggle to get a signal everywhere in my condo, which is not very large to begin with.
- Asked by Dennis M from Bloomington
- Jun 11, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the range on the new Airport Express be stronger than the previous model?)
Can I plug an ethernet-only wired device into an Airport Express so it can connect to my network?
I have a Cisco IP telephone that requires a wired Ethernet connection. I need to install it away from my primary Airport Extreme router. Can I use the Express to serve as a wired to wireless bridge? Thanks!
- Asked by D Gavin G from Seattle
- Aug 5, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I plug an ethernet-only wired device into an Airport Express so it can connect to my network?)
Can Airport Express convert Wi-Fi to Ethernet?
I have a motorhome and we camp in areas that provide Wi-Fi. My TV is internet ready, but requires an Ethernet cable input. Can the Airport Express detect the Wi-Fi signal and convert it to Ethernet so that I can plug the Ethernet cable into my TV?
- Asked by Pamela J from Moody
- Jul 26, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can Airport Express convert Wi-Fi to Ethernet?)
Is this different from the 2 Airport Express units I already have that plug right into the wall to extend my Airport Extreme's wifi signal?
The two that I already have plug right into the wall & work great (and are out of sight). This new one seems like it needs to be plugged in with a cord. The cord is a problem, I was planning on putting one in every room, but cords all over the place would present a domestic issue.
- Asked by Dale F from Huntington Beach
- Jun 13, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this different from the 2 Airport Express units I already have that plug right into the wall to extend my Airport Extreme's wifi signal?)
How many Xbox 360's can I connect to my airport express?
I recently purchased another 360 and cannot get it to work with my airport express unless I plug into it directly. My first 360 connects with no issue wirelessly. My ISP told me that my express may not be able to handle more than one 360 with the wifi. Is this just them pushing responsibility on to Apple or is there something I'm missing? If I cannot connect more than one wirelessly, then will a time capsule or extreme do the trick?
Thank you everyone for your assistance.
- Asked by Jeffery K from Roy
- Feb 10, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (How many Xbox 360's can I connect to my airport express?)
How do I use Airport express in a hotel that only has an ethernet connection and which needs me to log on to pay for the service.
Sometimes when I go to a hotel they only have an ethernet cabel and then you have to log on and pay for the internet service. Just to be clear ... if I plug the ethernet plug into the airport express does that stream the connection to my mac or ios device for me to log on and pay.
Can I use a USB dongle to make a wireless network with the Airport Express base station?
The idea being to plug the dongle into the Airport base so that anyone with access to the wireless network can get online.
- Asked by Daniel S
- Jun 25, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use a USB dongle to make a wireless network with the Airport Express base station?)