Similar questions from the community
Do I need to pay for an internet service or will this take the place of it?
I am moving and need to find a new source of internet, my question is that if i buy this, will i be able to just use this for my internet or will i still need to find an internet provider?
- Asked by Kate F from Washington
- Dec 30, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I need to pay for an internet service or will this take the place of it?)
can you use it as a hotspot when out of the house?
Can you take this with you when you leave the house and instead of using a facilities wifi you can just use this?
- Asked by Thomas M from Niagara Falls
- Oct 24, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (can you use it as a hotspot when out of the house?)
can the air port express take high temperatures?
- Asked by Gordon T from Reedley
- Jul 1, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can the air port express take high temperatures?)
Is the Airport Express Base Station portable? Can I take it with me to school and use it as wifi?
I currently use Clear for when I travel with my laptop and was wondering if the AirPort base could replace the Clear, as I'm paying a monthly fee for it.
- Asked by Shelby G from Las Vegas
- Aug 26, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the Airport Express Base Station portable? Can I take it with me to school and use it as wifi?)
Does it basically just make your own wifi network that you can take anywhere and do you need to add anything to it or do you jut get an app connect it
Do you need any ad dons
Can you take it around
do u need a new computer to take advantage of the faster wifi 802.11 ac
- Asked by Joe B from Red Deer
- Jun 14, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (do u need a new computer to take advantage of the faster wifi 802.11 ac)
Moden - centurylink zyxel C1000? Does the modem need to be in bridge mode or will the airport express take care of everything during setup?
- Asked by Charlie C from Eden
- Jul 26, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Moden - centurylink zyxel C1000? Does the modem need to be in bridge mode or will the airport express take care of everything during setup?)
Does AirPort extend an internet signal individually (i.e., aside from existing and/or nearby internet signals)? If so, is there a monthly fee?
I currently have a router that I connect to, but the connection strength is comparable to dial-up speed. Being that I am a college student, I am doing my best to maximize efficiency and minimize stress and the fact that it takes 5 minutes to load a page that would normally take 5 seconds certainly isn't helping. Does the AirPort express run on it's own individual internet connection or does it simply make the connection to the respective router more available? Assuming that it does in fact run on its own signal, is there a monthly internet fee?
- Asked by Brian B from Doylestown
- Oct 22, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Does AirPort extend an internet signal individually (i.e., aside from existing and/or nearby internet signals)? If so, is there a monthly fee?)
wifi booster for Apple
I have Bell Aliant Fibre Op in my home, which acccording to them is very powerful. The modem is downstairs. I cannot get a good reception for my Mac Pro upstairs. I keep losing the reception and it takes forever to get to a website. The BellAliant tech suggested I get a Wifi Booster for Apple. What is it, where can I get it and will it work? Help.
- Asked by Ronald L from Bathurst
- Jun 1, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (wifi booster for Apple)
Does this replace Wifi
Can I take this to school to set up a wifi hotspot, similar to the service on the iPhone. Ontop of that, can it act as a wifi router in my house? Basically, can I just just plug this thing in and get wifi?
- Asked by Lauren P from Seattle
- Jan 23, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this replace Wifi)
can the airport express be located in a greenhouse (humid)?
My wireless signal does not reach the greenhouse, but I have a LAN connection in the greenhouse. I would like to place a Airport Express in this building to have wireless. Can the unit take the humid conditions?
- Asked by Dan D from Sudbury
- Mar 3, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can the airport express be located in a greenhouse (humid)?)
Do I need a fast internet connection if I plan to use AirPort Express only to stream music from my iOS device to AirPort Express-connected speakers?
What I'm trying to set up is this: I have a primary router in one room, and then I'll have AirPort Express in another room. The AirPort Express will have speakers attached to it. I also plan to move AirPort Express around the house for the times I want to take music to another room. My iOS devices and my AirPort Express will always be in the same room.
My concern is: if I stream music from my iOS device to my AirPort Express speakers, will the music have to be streamed first to my primary router in the other room before being relayed back to AirPort Express? Or will my iOS device have a direct connection? The reason I'm wondering this is that I've noticed that with iTunes wifi sync, I'm actually required to be online, even if my Mac and iOS device are in the same room. I believe that's the same for the iOS remote app as well. So it seems that I have to go through the cloud first anytime my iOS and Mac communicate wirelessly with each other. My concern now is, is that going to be required for streaming music to the AirPort Express that is just a few feet away from me? Because I hope not. I have thick walls in my house and my AirPort Express will probably at times be far from the main router. Additionally, I only have a 1 mbps connection (there are no faster connections in my area). So if I have to go through the cloud first before being able to stream music, there could be significant skipping.