Similar questions from the community
i work for a professional rugby union side and we need away to share video files in games. do we need to a connection to the internet to make it work
do i need the apirport express base to connect to my mac OS 10.6.8 to get wi fi
I have gone into my Apple Mac on system preference for internet & wi fi sharing to see if I can set up wireless connect and when I get to the computer using box It does not show me a
box for wi fi.. It's has a choice for air port option.
I want to have my mac setup for both internet & wireless. Do I purchase the Airport express base station for this to work? I have eathernet modem. Will l need to call a mac tec to install or would I be able to do it myself. I know enough to be dangerous! Thank you
- Asked by Roberta H from Surprise
- Nov 9, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (do i need the apirport express base to connect to my mac OS 10.6.8 to get wi fi)
Does wifi have to have highspeed Internet connection speed
Tried to use airport express on an Internet connection that is not the highspeed connection and it did not work. Does speed make a difference?
- Asked by Kevin K from Titusville
- Jun 24, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does wifi have to have highspeed Internet connection speed)
Can you connect a superdrive to this and share it over the network?
Wanting to access a superdrive wirelessly from multiple devices and wondering if this will work.
- Asked by Andrew H from Nacogdoches
- Jun 30, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you connect a superdrive to this and share it over the network?)
Will this work with a 'TPG' Internet connection?
System requirements are:
- ADSL2+ Compatible
- Point to Point Protocol
Couldn't find any information on the website regarding this.
- Asked by Joseph B from Buddina
- Nov 22, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with a 'TPG' Internet connection?)
Technical network question: can I use the Express with my current Airport Extreme, as a repeater with printer connected?
I currently have an airport extreme, which is very good at getting range throughout my very long unit (about 30 meters.)
I have my TV, XBOX, PC down one end.. and my iMac is down the other end. I had the Extreme set up in the middle of the house. So it turns out, my xbox360 along with the NBA App wont give me HD unless its plugged in, even if the wireless Extreme unit is sitting 5 inches away from the XBOX360 (I tested this). Highlights work fine, but actual games - na.
So I though I would move the extreme in the room with the XBOX 360 etc in it..
Anyway, surprisingly, down the other end of the house, the iMac works on the internet fine! The iPhone 5 also works well.(checked with speediest and can confirm that the iphone lost less than 10% at the end of the house! impressive :-) ) BUT when I look at the iMac network connection, it says the transmit signal is only 27 down from around 217. The internet is fine, but youtube has taken a hit.
My dilemma then, is that I need the printer connected to a wireless device so everything including our laptops can print. I also would not mind extending the range back out for the iMac.
So I am considering the Express to put in the middle of the house.
1) If I have my modem plugged into the extreme, I assume I can use the express as an extender?
2) Can I plug the printer into the Extender, or in this case, the little express which will be used as an extender?
I sort of dont want the printer near the TV due to room issues, and would like to bring back the super quickness of the internet to the iMac.. Im not so fussed about the internet for the iMac, as its only YouTube which has taken a hit, everything else works great, which is amazing at such a long range. (almost 100 feet)
- Asked by Dennis K from Mosman
- Nov 15, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Technical network question: can I use the Express with my current Airport Extreme, as a repeater with printer connected?)
do you need the airport extreme for the airport express to work
I'm thinking of buying a airport express to wirelessly stream music to my speakers but i was wondering if you need to have the airport extreme as well to make it work. thanks
- Asked by James H from Nedlands
- Apr 15, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (do you need the airport extreme for the airport express to work)
Do the Ethernet WAN & LAN ports on the Airport Express work to pass through an Internet connection even when the AirPort Express itself is shut down?
I have a cable modem with a single Ethernet port, which can be used to connect it to either a computer or a WiFi router, such as the AirPort Express. Thus if the modem is connected to a wireless router and an Ethernet connection to a computer is also desired, the latter must be connected to the Ethernet LAN port on the wireless router, which passes through the Ethernet WAN connection from the modem. I want to be able to turn off the wireless router when I don't need WiFi, but still have the computer connected to the Internet via Ethernet. Some wireless routers pass the connection from their Ethernet WAN port (connection from a modem) through to the Ethernet LAN port even when the device is itself not running. Is this true of the AirPort Express?
- Asked by Andrew M from Santa Fe
- Dec 8, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Do the Ethernet WAN & LAN ports on the Airport Express work to pass through an Internet connection even when the AirPort Express itself is shut down?)
Is this what is needed to connect to the internet with my MacBook Air via an ISP?
I have a MacBook Air with Airport Utility 6.3....
I want to connect to the internet when I move next week.
The ISP is called GreenLight in Wilson,NC which uses fiber optic cable.
Do I need to get only an Airport Express in order to connect using this service?
- Asked by Deborah C B from Raleigh
- Nov 5, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this what is needed to connect to the internet with my MacBook Air via an ISP?)
Do I need a fast internet connection if I plan to use AirPort Express only to stream music from my iOS device to AirPort Express-connected speakers?
What I'm trying to set up is this: I have a primary router in one room, and then I'll have AirPort Express in another room. The AirPort Express will have speakers attached to it. I also plan to move AirPort Express around the house for the times I want to take music to another room. My iOS devices and my AirPort Express will always be in the same room.
My concern is: if I stream music from my iOS device to my AirPort Express speakers, will the music have to be streamed first to my primary router in the other room before being relayed back to AirPort Express? Or will my iOS device have a direct connection? The reason I'm wondering this is that I've noticed that with iTunes wifi sync, I'm actually required to be online, even if my Mac and iOS device are in the same room. I believe that's the same for the iOS remote app as well. So it seems that I have to go through the cloud first anytime my iOS and Mac communicate wirelessly with each other. My concern now is, is that going to be required for streaming music to the AirPort Express that is just a few feet away from me? Because I hope not. I have thick walls in my house and my AirPort Express will probably at times be far from the main router. Additionally, I only have a 1 mbps connection (there are no faster connections in my area). So if I have to go through the cloud first before being able to stream music, there could be significant skipping.
No internet, rural area. does the airport ex allow me to play music over the airports wifi network to speakers?
My wife and I live in a very rural area without internet. We have a mobile share plan (with tethering) for out Iphone 4s'. I want to setup a wireless speaker network to play my itunes music around the house. Will the airport express allow this?
If I understand correctly, I will need to purchase multiple airport expresses. Let's say, 4 total, 1 for each room I want speakers in and one connected to my PC with my Itunes library? I connect each airport to a set of speakers in said rooms and I can control the itunes library from my iphone via an app from anywhere in the house, and it's all completed wireless save the connections from airport ex to speakers and pc.
please help me make sure this is clear before I go and spend $400 bucks on these pups.
- Asked by Susan M from Monroe
- Jan 17, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (No internet, rural area. does the airport ex allow me to play music over the airports wifi network to speakers?)
File exchange using airport compared to airdrop?
I work where the Wifi data is counted by Computer and am wondering if this will allow file transfer without affecting my Mac data count or does it work in the same way as airdrop to where it needs to use data off the Wifi signal as well?
- Asked by Jose M from Visalia
- Oct 16, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (File exchange using airport compared to airdrop?)
Airport express can share internet connection from wire to wireless?
Airport express can share internet line from wire (ethernet - input to airport express... WAN/LAN) to wireless (output from airport express)? Or just for extend the wireless connection? I want to know exactly, can airport express accept internet connection with wire (ethernet) and create wifi?
- Asked by L. R from Richmond
- Mar 5, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Airport express can share internet connection from wire to wireless?)
Can i connect my router that i have now to the airport express in a different level of my house?
I want to use the airport express as a router for my room, so i can connect my computer and playstation to the internet. If i buy the airport express, can I have it so that it recieves the signal from a belkin router downstairs and will give me internet upstairs? I know it sounds silly because wifi works in the whole house, but i need to be able to hardwire the playstation.
- Asked by David W from Cary
- Jul 15, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i connect my router that i have now to the airport express in a different level of my house?)
Can i connect more than 3 airport express to extend my WiFi signal
Hello. My house have a big terrain, so I have 10 WIFI cameras, and I need to extend the wifi signal so I could connect with a good speed all the cameras. So I'm thinking of connecting for example 4 airport express, and 1 of them will be connected to Internet and the other ones will extend the signal. It could be done and work properly?. How many airport express I could connect?. Thanks!!!
- Asked by Ignacio José T
- Jun 13, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i connect more than 3 airport express to extend my WiFi signal)
Does it basically just make your own wifi network that you can take anywhere and do you need to add anything to it or do you jut get an app connect it
Do you need any ad dons
Can you take it around
do i need this if i already have a wireless router?
like the phone line comes out and goes to a router which gives me wireless will i need this for airplay and such or will airplay work with my router i have already
- Asked by Jonathon B from Concord
- Aug 18, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (do i need this if i already have a wireless router?)
can I play video in .mkv file format?
I would like to know if the Apple TV can play movie files in mkv format from a hard disk connected to an Airport Express Base station?
- Asked by Ajay H from Chennai
- Aug 30, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (can I play video in .mkv file format?)
Can I use the AirPort Express connected to my modem wirelessly (wifi) and have internet access? Or does it needs to be connected with a cable?
- Asked by Andres A from Tampico
- Aug 30, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the AirPort Express connected to my modem wirelessly (wifi) and have internet access? Or does it needs to be connected with a cable?)