Similar questions from the community
Are discounts available for Veterans?
need Airport Extreme for USB to USB connection from Extreme to external Hard drive.
- Asked by C. Elliott A from Mcminnville
- Aug 4, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Are discounts available for Veterans?)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme
No answers yet
can airport express run a hard drive?
Can I plug a hard drive into the Airport Express's USB port and access it wirelessly?
- Asked by Andy H from Kutztown
- Oct 1, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can airport express run a hard drive?)
Can one use the USB port to plug in a flash drive and share files over the LAN using the Airport Express?
The USB port supports USB printing. Can one plug a flash drive into it instead and share files on the flash drive to those connected to the wireless LAN?
- Asked by Bill A from Mission Viejo
- Jun 14, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can one use the USB port to plug in a flash drive and share files over the LAN using the Airport Express?)
Can this new airport express drive offers AirPrint service to iPhone/iPad etc driving a non-airprint capable printer via USB port?
Use AiPort Express to serve AirPrint to any USB printer?
Technical network question: can I use the Express with my current Airport Extreme, as a repeater with printer connected?
I currently have an airport extreme, which is very good at getting range throughout my very long unit (about 30 meters.)
I have my TV, XBOX, PC down one end.. and my iMac is down the other end. I had the Extreme set up in the middle of the house. So it turns out, my xbox360 along with the NBA App wont give me HD unless its plugged in, even if the wireless Extreme unit is sitting 5 inches away from the XBOX360 (I tested this). Highlights work fine, but actual games - na.
So I though I would move the extreme in the room with the XBOX 360 etc in it..
Anyway, surprisingly, down the other end of the house, the iMac works on the internet fine! The iPhone 5 also works well.(checked with speediest and can confirm that the iphone lost less than 10% at the end of the house! impressive :-) ) BUT when I look at the iMac network connection, it says the transmit signal is only 27 down from around 217. The internet is fine, but youtube has taken a hit.
My dilemma then, is that I need the printer connected to a wireless device so everything including our laptops can print. I also would not mind extending the range back out for the iMac.
So I am considering the Express to put in the middle of the house.
1) If I have my modem plugged into the extreme, I assume I can use the express as an extender?
2) Can I plug the printer into the Extender, or in this case, the little express which will be used as an extender?
I sort of dont want the printer near the TV due to room issues, and would like to bring back the super quickness of the internet to the iMac.. Im not so fussed about the internet for the iMac, as its only YouTube which has taken a hit, everything else works great, which is amazing at such a long range. (almost 100 feet)
- Asked by Dennis K from Mosman
- Nov 15, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Technical network question: can I use the Express with my current Airport Extreme, as a repeater with printer connected?)
can I connect my PS4 to AirPort Extreme. If so, what would the steps be?
There are 4 iPhones, 2 iPads, a Dell tablet (no my choice), 2 Apple TV's, PS4 & a HP wireless printer. I also like the fact that the AirPort extreme has a range extender.
- Asked by Dianthony C from Garwood
- Nov 14, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can I connect my PS4 to AirPort Extreme. If so, what would the steps be?)
can I use an Airpot express to extended my wireless signal from an Airport Extreme and connect a USB printer to the express?
- Asked by Alejandro G from Miami
- Oct 9, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use an Airpot express to extended my wireless signal from an Airport Extreme and connect a USB printer to the express?)
Connect my wd my book live nas drive to airport express
Im looking to purchase the airport express to extend my extremes wifi network. I hoping to put a western digital hardrive into the Ethernet slot on the express, as the express will be in the middle of the house enabling my office mac to share the content.
Hope that makes sense.
- Asked by Richard D
- Aug 20, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Connect my wd my book live nas drive to airport express)
Compatability with HP Photosmart 3210 All-in-One printer?
Is my HP Photosmart 3210 All-in-One Printer, Scanner, Copier compatible with Airport Express? My wireless connection (through Airport Express) quit working yesterday and I got a message saying my HP Photosmart 3210 is not supported by Airport Express. I really like my printer, and this presents a problem for me. Would Airport Extreme be the answer?
- Asked by Margaret B from Okotoks
- Apr 4, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Compatability with HP Photosmart 3210 All-in-One printer?)
how do i set up as bridge to printer
need to use airport express bridge mode to printer (will use ethernet cable to connect printer to airport express) in existing airport extreme network.
Where are instructions to set this up?
- Asked by Paul S from Buffalo
- Dec 16, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (how do i set up as bridge to printer)
Is the airport express compatible with mavericks os?
Trying to figure out if I can hook this up and connect this so we can share an Epson 1400 printer.
- Asked by Carol C from Rowley
- Apr 15, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the airport express compatible with mavericks os?)
Will having a printer in the USB port of the AirPort Express allow me to print?
I have an HP printer that is not AirPrint capable. The printer does have wireless capability as I can print using my laptop PC but not my iPad or iPhone. If I hook it up to the USB port on the AirPort Express will I be able to print from my iPad or iPhones?
- Asked by Adrian K from Spartanburg
- Jul 19, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will having a printer in the USB port of the AirPort Express allow me to print?)
Can I send photos to a hard drive from iPad using airport express?
- Asked by Paul Nancy V from Toledo
- Feb 22, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I send photos to a hard drive from iPad using airport express?)
can multiple printers be used over wifi with the airport express
I have a Brother Laser printer that is wireless 2270DW and an epson wireless printer that students are using in an dorm. I have set secure wireless network but need to know if these two printers can print wirelessly or do they need to be connected via printer cable to Airport Express to perform wireless printing? Last but not least you us a spliter on the USB outlet on the Airport express and hardwire the two printers via printer cables?
- Asked by Chris P from Sandy Springs
- Aug 6, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (can multiple printers be used over wifi with the airport express)