Similar questions from the community
Does the new Airport Express finally implement QoS for good performance with VoIP? This has been a badly needed feature.
- Asked by Scott J from San Jose
- Jun 12, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the new Airport Express finally implement QoS for good performance with VoIP? This has been a badly needed feature.)
Our Digital VOIP phones connect to the internet via an ethernet cable. Will a Airport Express provide ample signal to support the digital phones?
Will Airport Express provide ample signal via an ethernet cable to support our new VOIP digital phones?
Does anyone know if roaming/handover performance is improved on this new model?
The old Airport Express had a tendency to 'cling' to wireless clients, particularly iOS clients, when roaming between more than one Airport Express on a network. I've found other access points 'hand over' much better than the old Airport Express (such as the Ubiquiti Unifi) - does anyone know if this has been addressed on this new model?
- Asked by James R
- Jun 14, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does anyone know if roaming/handover performance is improved on this new model?)
DM Zone on Airport Express LAN port ?
Does the new LAN port on the new Airport Express supports DM Zone feature?
- Asked by Shu Chee T
- Jul 25, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (DM Zone on Airport Express LAN port ?)
Do I need to change airport express settings when I get a new modem?
I can see my network name, but the devices can't connect to it.
- Asked by Bailey M from Honolulu
- May 15, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I need to change airport express settings when I get a new modem?)
Will a airport express 2.4/5Ghz. affect the performance of a mac mini @ 2.3Ghz?
Ive been running my 2009 macbook pro w/ a airport express 2.5/5Ghz. and achieving great internet speeds. Recently I purchased a mac mini operating at 2.3 Ghz. and it seems to be running slower than the old macbook did w/ the same airport express. Everything else between the two devices seems to be compatible as far as i can tell.
Can this small difference in bandwidth affect the performance of the new mac mini in this way?
- Asked by Jeff W from Tuscaloosa
- Jul 19, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will a airport express 2.4/5Ghz. affect the performance of a mac mini @ 2.3Ghz?)
Is the wireless bridging feature available for this new Airport Port Express between Airport Extreme? For bridging both 2.4G and 5G channel?
Do my stereo system speakers need to be able to connect to wifi signal to enable the airport express to work?
I have a JVC stereo system (MX-KC68) with sub and speakers which are really good but they do not have any wifi or bluetooth capabilities. I checked the back of the stereo system and speakers and it only has ports for the wired speakers/sub (the speakers look like they are internally wired and cant be removed). Is there a way to somehow connect the JVC stereo system to the airport express? I want to set up a home sound system but thought if I could somehow wire it up to the airport express that would save buying a few other sound speakers around the house. I have a feeling it will most likely end up being pretty complicated and may be just easier to purchase a system that has these capabilities but thought I would ask considering the speakers are the best ones I have around. thanks in advance :)
- Asked by Kristen P from Rooty Hill
- May 20, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Do my stereo system speakers need to be able to connect to wifi signal to enable the airport express to work?)
Will gaming consoles be easy to configure while using the Airport Express as a wifi extender?
I was planning on getting an Airport Express to strengthen the range in a specific room in the house; for the most part, I have a pretty reliable signal majority of the time, but on bad days it gets quite annoying. I was wondering if it would be a good investment for my gaming consoles (PS4/PS3) so I can reduce the chances of experiencing lag. I would really appreciate some feedback!
- Asked by Joy E from Tuscaloosa
- May 6, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Will gaming consoles be easy to configure while using the Airport Express as a wifi extender?)
can multiple printers be used over wifi with the airport express
I have a Brother Laser printer that is wireless 2270DW and an epson wireless printer that students are using in an dorm. I have set secure wireless network but need to know if these two printers can print wirelessly or do they need to be connected via printer cable to Airport Express to perform wireless printing? Last but not least you us a spliter on the USB outlet on the Airport express and hardwire the two printers via printer cables?
- Asked by Chris P from Sandy Springs
- Aug 6, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (can multiple printers be used over wifi with the airport express)
Can i connect more than 3 airport express to extend my WiFi signal
Hello. My house have a big terrain, so I have 10 WIFI cameras, and I need to extend the wifi signal so I could connect with a good speed all the cameras. So I'm thinking of connecting for example 4 airport express, and 1 of them will be connected to Internet and the other ones will extend the signal. It could be done and work properly?. How many airport express I could connect?. Thanks!!!
- Asked by Ignacio José T
- Jun 13, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i connect more than 3 airport express to extend my WiFi signal)
what is the airport Express for ?
im going to buy an macbook air and i see the airport express so i want to know for what it is it for so i know if need it or not
- Asked by Sandra N from Tampa
- Jul 27, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (what is the airport Express for ?)
It seems the new airport express does the same things as the airport extreme base station. If this is the case why would I need the base station?
What is the apple airport express
I really would like to know what u have to do to set up create a new wireless thing
- Asked by Julian C from Las Vegas
- Nov 9, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the apple airport express)
No answers yet
do you need the airport extreme for the airport express to work
I'm thinking of buying a airport express to wirelessly stream music to my speakers but i was wondering if you need to have the airport extreme as well to make it work. thanks
- Asked by James H from Nedlands
- Apr 15, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (do you need the airport extreme for the airport express to work)
Will airport express support Horizon HD TV from UPC my signal in another room is bad will airport express work with the horizon tv box boost signal.