Similar questions from the community
I already have a non-apple router. Is there anyway to use an airport express for AirPlay without replacing my router with an AirPort Extreme?
I can't replace my router with an airport express as my modem is not near the speakers.
Can the airport express replace the router?
- Asked by Jeff S from Ashland
- Dec 16, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the airport express replace the router?)
No answers yet
Can I travel abroad with Airport Express and connect with existing non-Apple wireless wifi routers (other than using AirPort Extreme) ?
I already have a Net gear Wireless Router. Can I add the Airport Express to my network without plugging it directly into my current router?
I'm not very tech smart on wireless networking so just a simple answer will do :-)
Connecting to my PC and Apple Devices via non apple router
Is it possible to have the airport express connect to a non apple router wirelessly?
Then is it possible to have it extend that range wirelessly to apple devices?
Then is it possible to connect my PC up to the airport express as well via ethernet?
So if it can connect to non apple router wirelessly, is possible to share that internet via ethernet as well as wirelessly?
- Asked by Alex T
- Jan 12, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Connecting to my PC and Apple Devices via non apple router)
Can I use the Airport Express Base Station to replace my existing Netgear router and still maintain the same network?
My cable company setup the network in my house with their equipment: a modem and a Netgear router. The router does not provide adequate signal strength even for a desktop PC situated a few feet in the same room. As a test, I plugged in my Airport Extreme Base Station to one of the free ports on the back of the Netgear router and the PC, as well as other wireless devices nearby, received a stronger signal. I want to replace the Netgear router with the Express without creating a new network. Is this possible?
- Asked by Anthony G from Edison
- Sep 23, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the Airport Express Base Station to replace my existing Netgear router and still maintain the same network?)
Can i use my Airport Express to extend my wireless network with another brand router?
I bought an Airport Express to extend the wifi signal at home, but I have a Dynex router. Is it going to work without cable? ANd if I buy the Airport Extreme base, may i reply the signal without a cable?
- Asked by Sabrina I from Sao Paulo
- Nov 22, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i use my Airport Express to extend my wireless network with another brand router?)
If I have a router do I need Airport Express to go wireless?
I'm moving, and will be getting a Comcast modem/router combo for cable and internet. Can my Mac be set up wi-fi without connecting it to an ethernet cable?
- Asked by Denise W from Roseville
- Aug 25, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (If I have a router do I need Airport Express to go wireless?)
can I use the airport express as a wireless adaptor to connect a PC with a cord to receive the signal from my router at home?
My pc dont have a wireless adapter, in stead of using a normal wireless adaper, I wanna try with airport express to make use the airplay fonction with my apple tv. is that possible?
- Asked by Shibo X from Montreal
- Aug 23, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use the airport express as a wireless adaptor to connect a PC with a cord to receive the signal from my router at home?)
can we use airport extreme used as repeater router
I am having a service provider wifi router as base station and recently purchased airport extreme.Is it possible to use it as repeater router to expand range of wifi network
- Asked by Milind S
- May 30, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (can we use airport extreme used as repeater router)
is airport express compatible with zte routers
I was going to give my Airport Express to a friend in columbia who has a ZTE ZXHN F660 wireless router. Are the two compatible?
- Asked by Daniel L from Ashburn
- Jun 8, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (is airport express compatible with zte routers)
No answers yet
do i need this if i already have a wireless router?
like the phone line comes out and goes to a router which gives me wireless will i need this for airplay and such or will airplay work with my router i have already
- Asked by Jonathon B from Concord
- Aug 18, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (do i need this if i already have a wireless router?)
Is there e reset button on the AirPort Express?
i am changing my router
- Asked by Patrick M from Rye
- Oct 4, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there e reset button on the AirPort Express?)
No answers yet
AirPort as an extender for cisco router but with different encryption
I am trying to get my apple tv 3 to work with my universities wpa2 enterprise authentication with no success. I am thinking of getting an airport express, plugging it into the ethernet outlet that the cisco wireless currently uses, to retransmit wifi in a lower encryption and thus works with the apple tv. If I plug the airport express into the ethernet outlet will it be able to retransmit the wifi with a lower encryption or will it just retransmit in the wpa2 enterprise again.
- Asked by Christopher H from Gapsted
- Mar 14, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (AirPort as an extender for cisco router but with different encryption)
can i use airport express to extend NONE airport routers?
- Asked by Thomas H from Peoria
- Jun 27, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use airport express to extend NONE airport routers?)
Does Airport Extreme support VLAN tagging?
I have Centurylink gigabit internet (Seattle) that requires a router that support VLAN tagging. I want to replace my CL router with an AP Extreme. Does the Airport Extreme support VLAN tagging (VID=201).
- Asked by Mark L from Seattle
- Jan 11, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Does Airport Extreme support VLAN tagging?)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme
Can this Extend the Network of my Verizon FIOS ActionTec Router?
I have a Verizon-supplied Actiontec router, which is in one room in the house. I'd like to put the Airport Express int the living room, connect it to the stereo for Airplay AND extend the Wireless Network of the ActionTec router, is this possible?
- Asked by Yonah W from White Plains
- Sep 7, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this Extend the Network of my Verizon FIOS ActionTec Router?)
Can I AirPlay to multiple AirPort Epress/apple TV/AirPlay devices simultaneously from my iPad only - or do I need a computer running with iTunes?
I want to be able to play music via my iPad or iPhone to an AirPort Express, an Apple TV and a Bose Soundlink Air simultaneously (without the need to have a computer running) - is this possible?