Similar questions from the community
I have 2 smart TV's, 2 laptops, an I Mac and 5 smart phones.. would the Airport Express be able to support all theses products
all products would be within a 20 foot radius of where the Airport express will be placed
- Asked by Anthony F from Bellerose
- Aug 6, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (I have 2 smart TV's, 2 laptops, an I Mac and 5 smart phones.. would the Airport Express be able to support all theses products)
Does Airport Express support the new TVs which have built in WiFi for streaming content such as Netflix?
I have a New Sony TV which has built in WiFi. Does the Airport extreme support streaming with this TV.
Have an older Airport Extreme, one band, 2ghz and it does not stream fast enough. Keeps loosing connection, has to stop and load the content.
Want to purchase a new Airport with 2 & 5 ghz speeds and dual bands, but only if it supports fast steamless streaming.
- Asked by Kathleen K from Charlevoix
- Dec 27, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does Airport Express support the new TVs which have built in WiFi for streaming content such as Netflix?)
Are Canon printers supported by the new Airport Express?
The CAPT and UFR2 drivers for Mac OS X require bidirectional communication with the printer. That is, as well as sending data to the printer, they expect data to be sent back.
Unless the new Airport Express is different to its predecessors, the USB port on the Airport does not support bidirectional communication and this stops the UFR2 and CAPT driver from working.
Is the new Airport Express compatible with those drivers?
- Asked by Marco T from Castel Gandolfo
- Jun 29, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Are Canon printers supported by the new Airport Express?)
Will Airport Express gain support for Airplay 2?
- Asked by Samuel A
- Jun 5, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Will Airport Express gain support for Airplay 2?)
I want to stream music to different areas of my house, simultaneously from 1 apple device. (macbook or iphone)
I have been able to stream music from itunes and spotify through a hifi connected to my TV through apple TV.
I've also been able to send sound to 2 outputs from my mac. The 3.5mm output on it and apple TV however the sound is out of sync by half a second or so.
If I bought an apple airport express, could I use this and apple TV to play music (from spotify OR itunes) at the same time and remain in sync?
Or is there a way to correct the output time lapse between my mac's 3.5mm out and apple tv?
Can I play audio from samsung TV via airport express to built in surround system
i have airport express hard wired to built in surround speakers to pick up music from iPad, iPhone etc. can I output sound from my samsung smart TV to the surround speakers via airport express over wifi? Do I need software on tv?
- Asked by Alex D
- Jan 25, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I play audio from samsung TV via airport express to built in surround system)
I already have a Net gear Wireless Router. Can I add the Airport Express to my network without plugging it directly into my current router?
I'm not very tech smart on wireless networking so just a simple answer will do :-)
Will a airport express 2.4/5Ghz. affect the performance of a mac mini @ 2.3Ghz?
Ive been running my 2009 macbook pro w/ a airport express 2.5/5Ghz. and achieving great internet speeds. Recently I purchased a mac mini operating at 2.3 Ghz. and it seems to be running slower than the old macbook did w/ the same airport express. Everything else between the two devices seems to be compatible as far as i can tell.
Can this small difference in bandwidth affect the performance of the new mac mini in this way?
- Asked by Jeff W from Tuscaloosa
- Jul 19, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will a airport express 2.4/5Ghz. affect the performance of a mac mini @ 2.3Ghz?)
Does the AirPort Express Base Station support "Wake on Demand" (Bonjour Sleep Proxy)?
Providing the wireless network is hosted by airport express, will I be able to wake my imac (2013) to access itunes library from my apple tv?
- Asked by Joachim F
- Apr 21, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the AirPort Express Base Station support "Wake on Demand" (Bonjour Sleep Proxy)?)
will this wprk with a smart samsung tv
smart samsung size 22'
- Asked by Maurice J S from Peoria
- Nov 12, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (will this wprk with a smart samsung tv)
No answers yet
Can I use the Airport Express only with the Ethernet cable to my mac book pro?
1) get the wifi from airport express,
2) drive it to my macbook pro using an ehternet cable.
- Asked by Thierry F from Montreal
- May 22, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the Airport Express only with the Ethernet cable to my mac book pro?)
can I use airport express with a tv without wifi built in. I am not sure how to connect airport express. I get wifi on my laptop and I use a ROKU w/tv
- Asked by Robert M from Montrose
- Apr 22, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use airport express with a tv without wifi built in. I am not sure how to connect airport express. I get wifi on my laptop and I use a ROKU w/tv)
Can I extend a network with CAT5 and AirPort Express?
I have an AirPort Time Capsule and an AirPort Express - and a really odd house. There is a bonus room above the garage that is not line-of-sight with anywhere that I can place the TC, so I can't get WiFi up there. I DO have CAT5 run to all rooms of the house and can make the connection from living room to bonus room through those wires. Am I able to go from a LAN port on the TC and connect that to the WAN port on the Express and use that to extend the network?
- Asked by Adam R from Mifflin
- Dec 31, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I extend a network with CAT5 and AirPort Express?)
Will airport express support Horizon HD TV from UPC my signal in another room is bad will airport express work with the horizon tv box boost signal.
Technical network question: can I use the Express with my current Airport Extreme, as a repeater with printer connected?
I currently have an airport extreme, which is very good at getting range throughout my very long unit (about 30 meters.)
I have my TV, XBOX, PC down one end.. and my iMac is down the other end. I had the Extreme set up in the middle of the house. So it turns out, my xbox360 along with the NBA App wont give me HD unless its plugged in, even if the wireless Extreme unit is sitting 5 inches away from the XBOX360 (I tested this). Highlights work fine, but actual games - na.
So I though I would move the extreme in the room with the XBOX 360 etc in it..
Anyway, surprisingly, down the other end of the house, the iMac works on the internet fine! The iPhone 5 also works well.(checked with speediest and can confirm that the iphone lost less than 10% at the end of the house! impressive :-) ) BUT when I look at the iMac network connection, it says the transmit signal is only 27 down from around 217. The internet is fine, but youtube has taken a hit.
My dilemma then, is that I need the printer connected to a wireless device so everything including our laptops can print. I also would not mind extending the range back out for the iMac.
So I am considering the Express to put in the middle of the house.
1) If I have my modem plugged into the extreme, I assume I can use the express as an extender?
2) Can I plug the printer into the Extender, or in this case, the little express which will be used as an extender?
I sort of dont want the printer near the TV due to room issues, and would like to bring back the super quickness of the internet to the iMac.. Im not so fussed about the internet for the iMac, as its only YouTube which has taken a hit, everything else works great, which is amazing at such a long range. (almost 100 feet)
- Asked by Dennis K from Mosman
- Nov 15, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Technical network question: can I use the Express with my current Airport Extreme, as a repeater with printer connected?)
do i need an Airport Express for each device, ie. HDTV, BLURAY PLAYER, MAC?
I am considering getting Apple TV, want to know what all I need to set up my own network. Also, to watch local TV do I still need cable service?
- Asked by Debbie C from Sugarloaf
- Apr 16, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (do i need an Airport Express for each device, ie. HDTV, BLURAY PLAYER, MAC?)
Airport express or apple tv
The apple Tv and Airport express are the same price but the Apple Tv does more.
Should i buy an Apple tv to stream my music to my stereo in the other room ?
Or should i buy a Airport express ?
Does the Airport express have more faetures that the Apple TV doesn't have ?
I currently have
I just want to be ablle to stream music tto the stereo's i have through my Two storry house
I just purchaced the Airport Express but i'm now thinking i should of bought another Apple TV ?
- Asked by David C from Kingsley
- May 5, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Airport express or apple tv)