Similar questions from the community
Is there a way to access both optical and analog audio outputs simultaneously?
analog for external speaker amplifier and toslink for av system
- Asked by Ed T from Locust Grove
- Jun 17, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a way to access both optical and analog audio outputs simultaneously?)
What exactly is an "analog/optical audio jack" mean? Is it 1/8* analog output jack or an optical TOSLINK S/PDIF digital output?
- Asked by Peder J W from Cuddebackville
- Aug 4, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (What exactly is an "analog/optical audio jack" mean? Is it 1/8* analog output jack or an optical TOSLINK S/PDIF digital output?)
External storage via ethernet?
If I can't use the USB port to access external storage wirelessly, would I be able to hook up a network-enabled external drive via one of the ethernet ports, and have the other port lead to my modem? I don't want to get an Airport Extreme as that lacks the optical audio output that I want to use for a home audio system
- Asked by Devon S from Richmond
- Nov 2, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (External storage via ethernet?)
No answers yet
I want to stream music to different areas of my house, simultaneously from 1 apple device. (macbook or iphone)
I have been able to stream music from itunes and spotify through a hifi connected to my TV through apple TV.
I've also been able to send sound to 2 outputs from my mac. The 3.5mm output on it and apple TV however the sound is out of sync by half a second or so.
If I bought an apple airport express, could I use this and apple TV to play music (from spotify OR itunes) at the same time and remain in sync?
Or is there a way to correct the output time lapse between my mac's 3.5mm out and apple tv?
Can I use the airport express as an audio transmitter?
I want to connect audio from a non-wifi unit to an airport express to broadcast that audio to another airport express for audio output to powered speakers.
If this can work, I want to know if I can have multiple receiving expresses.
If there is no way to input audio to the airport express, does anyone have a recommendation for a wifi audio transmitter that would be compatible with say two airport express units for a stereo signal?
- Asked by Ken W from Mesquite
- Sep 7, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the airport express as an audio transmitter?)
is there audio quality difference between the airport extreme and Apple TV
I want to bring the iTunes library to my stereo, and googling on this there were a number of posts that suggested that Airport Extreme had better decoding for CD quality audio then did the AppleTV. All the iTunes files are of course digital, and I am intending to use the optical output of either the Airport Express or AppleTV.
To really hear a difference I would need to do an A/B test of one against the other - which I do not intend to do, but I do have a very high end system so when things are not as they should be there is no hiding it.
I don't need the AppleTV right now for the theater setting - so video streaming ability would be on hold there, for now but likely added sometime in the next year or so.
It's really a matter of which device is going to be better for delivering the iTunes music library to the stereo system. Why there would be a different between the Airport Extreme and the AppleTV is not clear to me. The limiting source would seem to be the bit rate of the files in iTunes - but perhaps I am missing something. Perhaps there is a difference in DA converters - though that too would seem strange, but with the use of the Digital Optical Out I would think that there should be no difference.
But certainly better to know about it before I buy the device and get it set up - appreciate any thoughts and suggestions.
- Asked by Dan R from Superior
- Jul 23, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (is there audio quality difference between the airport extreme and Apple TV)
What is the maximum bitrate and sample-rate supported by this for airplay audio playback? Maximum sample-rate on optical audio out?
- Asked by Aleks L from Burnaby
- Nov 27, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the maximum bitrate and sample-rate supported by this for airplay audio playback? Maximum sample-rate on optical audio out?)
Can I use the AirPort device or something similar to transmit audio from the output of my DJ mixing desk to my home Airplay network ?
I'm looking for something that I can plug into the output socket of my Stanton SCS4DJ MP3 mixing desk that will enable me to send the audio output wirelessly to my Airplay network that includes my Denon Ceol Network Music System, Apple TV and any other speakers that I choose to add to my Airplay network. Thanks
Does the new Airport Express output audio to 'non-powered' speakers? The product description says 'any connected speakers'
- Asked by Robert A from Colorado Springs
- Jun 12, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the new Airport Express output audio to 'non-powered' speakers? The product description says 'any connected speakers')
What are the audio specifications for the AirPort Express? Frequency Response, max output level, distortion, signal to noise, etc.
- Asked by Ian W from Prairie Village
- Sep 20, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (What are the audio specifications for the AirPort Express? Frequency Response, max output level, distortion, signal to noise, etc.)
Can I play audio from samsung TV via airport express to built in surround system
i have airport express hard wired to built in surround speakers to pick up music from iPad, iPhone etc. can I output sound from my samsung smart TV to the surround speakers via airport express over wifi? Do I need software on tv?
- Asked by Alex D
- Jan 25, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I play audio from samsung TV via airport express to built in surround system)
Can you use the Airport Express system to link to play music straight through from the Iphone to a normal hifi that only has a standard audio input?
I have a speaker system that only has an audio stereo cable input (left right stereo cable) and want to be able to play music through the wifi to this speaker set. Is this possible?
The base system doesn't seem to have the required outputs to make this happen.
If I plug in my speakers (amp to old school speaker) to the jack can I airplay audio to Airport from Mac and iPhone and have it play through them?
Basically I have a small set up in my room of an old sony amp and goodmans speakers, the amp has rca connections on the back so I do a simple 3/4" jack to rca and plug it into my iPhone or Mac and it works fine. What I want to be able to do is to play audio, via airplay i'm assuming, to the AirPort Express, have it output through the jack socket on the rear and play though my setup as it would as usual.
Hope this makes sense.
No answers yet
Will this extend wifi and act as airtunes base station simultaneously? I have an old AE and it will only do one or the other...
If I set up the AirPort Express to extend my WiFi range can I also use the optical out on AirPort Express to airplay music to a DAC?
- Asked by David D from Glen Ellyn
- Sep 13, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (If I set up the AirPort Express to extend my WiFi range can I also use the optical out on AirPort Express to airplay music to a DAC?)
Can I restrict access to this device with a whitelist of MAC addresses?
I currently use another brand of router which has limited capacity to list MAC addresses. And the number of devices at home is increasing.
I'm considering getting an Airport Express -- but it will only help me if I can create a whitelist of around 50 MAC addresses.
I want to deny access to any device that is not listed.
Can I accomplish this with an AirPort Express?
- Asked by David K from Mississauga
- Aug 16, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I restrict access to this device with a whitelist of MAC addresses?)