Similar questions from the community
Can Airport Express convert Wi-Fi to Ethernet?
I have a motorhome and we camp in areas that provide Wi-Fi. My TV is internet ready, but requires an Ethernet cable input. Can the Airport Express detect the Wi-Fi signal and convert it to Ethernet so that I can plug the Ethernet cable into my TV?
- Asked by Pamela J from Moody
- Jul 26, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can Airport Express convert Wi-Fi to Ethernet?)
wifi booster for Apple
I have Bell Aliant Fibre Op in my home, which acccording to them is very powerful. The modem is downstairs. I cannot get a good reception for my Mac Pro upstairs. I keep losing the reception and it takes forever to get to a website. The BellAliant tech suggested I get a Wifi Booster for Apple. What is it, where can I get it and will it work? Help.
- Asked by Ronald L from Bathurst
- Jun 1, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (wifi booster for Apple)
Existing wifi network - connection to speakers and sky boy
I have a wifi network in my house, powered by a wireless router next to my telephone socket.
In a totally different room, I have some ipod speakers and a sky box next to each other. The existing wifi signal is strong here.
What I want to do is:
1) Play music from iPhone iTunes over wifi to the existing speakers and
2) Connect my sky box to the internet via its Ethernet port.
Can I do this using a AirPort Express Base Station?
- Asked by William J
- Jun 23, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Existing wifi network - connection to speakers and sky boy)
Does this replace Wifi
Can I take this to school to set up a wifi hotspot, similar to the service on the iPhone. Ontop of that, can it act as a wifi router in my house? Basically, can I just just plug this thing in and get wifi?
- Asked by Lauren P from Seattle
- Jan 23, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this replace Wifi)
can i use it when i don't have wifi to get wifi ?
- Asked by Brooke M from Saint Augustine
- Feb 4, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use it when i don't have wifi to get wifi ?)
does it have Power over ethernet?
- Asked by Gregorie H from Macungie
- Jun 11, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (does it have Power over ethernet?)
AirPlayer and Wifi Extender?
Can this be used for both use as a connection for air play while also extending the range of my TimeCapsule?
- Asked by Carlos M from Forney
- May 22, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (AirPlayer and Wifi Extender?)
No answers yet
Can I use this to improve my wifi around my house?
My modem is down stairs and I have a lot of trouble connecting all of my devices such as laptop, PS3, Xbox to my wireless network. I'm two floors above my modem will this help me get a better connection.
- Asked by Luke W
- Dec 10, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this to improve my wifi around my house?)
I have on older e-mac that is not wifi, is there anyway to make it wifi?
- Asked by Juliana P from North Bend
- Oct 16, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (I have on older e-mac that is not wifi, is there anyway to make it wifi?)
Can i use the express to extend the network of my school's wifi?
I have free wifi on my macBook from my school. But the school's wifi does not reach my whole appartment. Can i extend the wireless internet by using the express so that it will reach the rest of my appartment?
Is it able to extend a network, where i don't have the modem or ethernet cable to. All i have is wifi in my bedroom and would like to extend it about 20 feet to my living room. Thanks!
- Asked by Elijah A from San Jose
- Aug 31, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i use the express to extend the network of my school's wifi?)
Can I use this as an independent wi-fi source?
I want to have an independent wi-fi source that I can protect with a password or avoid from being searched by other devices. Do I need any additional equipment to use this device?
- Asked by Azaan D from Edmonton
- Jun 17, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this as an independent wi-fi source?)
No answers yet
Does wifi have to have highspeed Internet connection speed
Tried to use airport express on an Internet connection that is not the highspeed connection and it did not work. Does speed make a difference?
- Asked by Kevin K from Titusville
- Jun 24, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does wifi have to have highspeed Internet connection speed)
Does it extend Wi-Fi range
Does it extend 2wire range?
- Asked by Mohammad S from Palatine
- Dec 19, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it extend Wi-Fi range)
No answers yet
Can I use the airport express as an audio transmitter?
I want to connect audio from a non-wifi unit to an airport express to broadcast that audio to another airport express for audio output to powered speakers.
If this can work, I want to know if I can have multiple receiving expresses.
If there is no way to input audio to the airport express, does anyone have a recommendation for a wifi audio transmitter that would be compatible with say two airport express units for a stereo signal?
- Asked by Ken W from Mesquite
- Sep 7, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the airport express as an audio transmitter?)