Similar questions from the community
Will Airport Express cover a 2000 square foot house area?
- Asked by Robert E from Anacortes
- May 8, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will Airport Express cover a 2000 square foot house area?)
Will this work in an old ~4000 square foot house?
I'm wondering if this will work, or if I will need to purchase an AirPort Extreme for this. How many mbps does this average vs. the Extreme?
- Asked by Chris H from Shaker Heights
- Jun 13, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work in an old ~4000 square foot house?)
how far will the Airport Express signal cover
I live in a 1500 sf ranch with a finished basement. Will the Airport Express signal
cover the whole house?
- Asked by Bill H from Flushing
- Nov 14, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (how far will the Airport Express signal cover)
No answers yet
I want to stream music to different areas of my house, simultaneously from 1 apple device. (macbook or iphone)
I have been able to stream music from itunes and spotify through a hifi connected to my TV through apple TV.
I've also been able to send sound to 2 outputs from my mac. The 3.5mm output on it and apple TV however the sound is out of sync by half a second or so.
If I bought an apple airport express, could I use this and apple TV to play music (from spotify OR itunes) at the same time and remain in sync?
Or is there a way to correct the output time lapse between my mac's 3.5mm out and apple tv?
Can I extend my FIOS network with the AirPort Express?
I lose my FIOS wifi signal in some parts of my house. Could I use the AirPort Express to extend the network?
- Asked by Dylan J
- Apr 4, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I extend my FIOS network with the AirPort Express?)
No internet, rural area. does the airport ex allow me to play music over the airports wifi network to speakers?
My wife and I live in a very rural area without internet. We have a mobile share plan (with tethering) for out Iphone 4s'. I want to setup a wireless speaker network to play my itunes music around the house. Will the airport express allow this?
If I understand correctly, I will need to purchase multiple airport expresses. Let's say, 4 total, 1 for each room I want speakers in and one connected to my PC with my Itunes library? I connect each airport to a set of speakers in said rooms and I can control the itunes library from my iphone via an app from anywhere in the house, and it's all completed wireless save the connections from airport ex to speakers and pc.
please help me make sure this is clear before I go and spend $400 bucks on these pups.
- Asked by Susan M from Monroe
- Jan 17, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (No internet, rural area. does the airport ex allow me to play music over the airports wifi network to speakers?)
Will the Airport Express work well in a 2000 sq feet home?
- Asked by James M from Dupont
- Jan 21, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the Airport Express work well in a 2000 sq feet home?)
can I air play music from my Iphone to two Airport Express conected to two diferent amps at the same time ?
I want to air play the same music form my IPhone to two diferent areas in my home where I have two diferent amps conected to a set of speakers.
I allready have one area conected to a 4 years old Aiport Express. I need to conect it to a new area.
- Asked by Ignacio M from Hermosillo
- Jan 18, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (can I air play music from my Iphone to two Airport Express conected to two diferent amps at the same time ?)
Can I extend a network with CAT5 and AirPort Express?
I have an AirPort Time Capsule and an AirPort Express - and a really odd house. There is a bonus room above the garage that is not line-of-sight with anywhere that I can place the TC, so I can't get WiFi up there. I DO have CAT5 run to all rooms of the house and can make the connection from living room to bonus room through those wires. Am I able to go from a LAN port on the TC and connect that to the WAN port on the Express and use that to extend the network?
- Asked by Adam R from Mifflin
- Dec 31, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I extend a network with CAT5 and AirPort Express?)
Can i connect more than 3 airport express to extend my WiFi signal
Hello. My house have a big terrain, so I have 10 WIFI cameras, and I need to extend the wifi signal so I could connect with a good speed all the cameras. So I'm thinking of connecting for example 4 airport express, and 1 of them will be connected to Internet and the other ones will extend the signal. It could be done and work properly?. How many airport express I could connect?. Thanks!!!
- Asked by Ignacio José T
- Jun 13, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i connect more than 3 airport express to extend my WiFi signal)
Can Airport Express convert Wi-Fi to Ethernet?
I have a motorhome and we camp in areas that provide Wi-Fi. My TV is internet ready, but requires an Ethernet cable input. Can the Airport Express detect the Wi-Fi signal and convert it to Ethernet so that I can plug the Ethernet cable into my TV?
- Asked by Pamela J from Moody
- Jul 26, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can Airport Express convert Wi-Fi to Ethernet?)
Can i connect my router that i have now to the airport express in a different level of my house?
I want to use the airport express as a router for my room, so i can connect my computer and playstation to the internet. If i buy the airport express, can I have it so that it recieves the signal from a belkin router downstairs and will give me internet upstairs? I know it sounds silly because wifi works in the whole house, but i need to be able to hardwire the playstation.
- Asked by David W from Cary
- Jul 15, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i connect my router that i have now to the airport express in a different level of my house?)
I have 2 smart TV's, 2 laptops, an I Mac and 5 smart phones.. would the Airport Express be able to support all theses products
all products would be within a 20 foot radius of where the Airport express will be placed
- Asked by Anthony F from Bellerose
- Aug 6, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (I have 2 smart TV's, 2 laptops, an I Mac and 5 smart phones.. would the Airport Express be able to support all theses products)
Will gaming consoles be easy to configure while using the Airport Express as a wifi extender?
I was planning on getting an Airport Express to strengthen the range in a specific room in the house; for the most part, I have a pretty reliable signal majority of the time, but on bad days it gets quite annoying. I was wondering if it would be a good investment for my gaming consoles (PS4/PS3) so I can reduce the chances of experiencing lag. I would really appreciate some feedback!
- Asked by Joy E from Tuscaloosa
- May 6, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Will gaming consoles be easy to configure while using the Airport Express as a wifi extender?)
Do I need a fast internet connection if I plan to use AirPort Express only to stream music from my iOS device to AirPort Express-connected speakers?
What I'm trying to set up is this: I have a primary router in one room, and then I'll have AirPort Express in another room. The AirPort Express will have speakers attached to it. I also plan to move AirPort Express around the house for the times I want to take music to another room. My iOS devices and my AirPort Express will always be in the same room.
My concern is: if I stream music from my iOS device to my AirPort Express speakers, will the music have to be streamed first to my primary router in the other room before being relayed back to AirPort Express? Or will my iOS device have a direct connection? The reason I'm wondering this is that I've noticed that with iTunes wifi sync, I'm actually required to be online, even if my Mac and iOS device are in the same room. I believe that's the same for the iOS remote app as well. So it seems that I have to go through the cloud first anytime my iOS and Mac communicate wirelessly with each other. My concern now is, is that going to be required for streaming music to the AirPort Express that is just a few feet away from me? Because I hope not. I have thick walls in my house and my AirPort Express will probably at times be far from the main router. Additionally, I only have a 1 mbps connection (there are no faster connections in my area). So if I have to go through the cloud first before being able to stream music, there could be significant skipping.
what is the airport Express for ?
im going to buy an macbook air and i see the airport express so i want to know for what it is it for so i know if need it or not
- Asked by Sandra N from Tampa
- Jul 27, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (what is the airport Express for ?)
How do you connect airport express to a wall cable without a cable box?
I have a weak wireless connection from airport extreme in my house. I need to boost signal to garage apt. Can I use the express as an extender?
- Asked by Jennifer M from Sarasota
- Jul 15, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (How do you connect airport express to a wall cable without a cable box?)