Similar questions from the community
can set up 2 airports to the same PC to cover more space signal
- Asked by Jorge V from North Little Rock
- Nov 15, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (can set up 2 airports to the same PC to cover more space signal)
how far will the Airport Express signal cover
I live in a 1500 sf ranch with a finished basement. Will the Airport Express signal
cover the whole house?
- Asked by Bill H from Flushing
- Nov 14, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (how far will the Airport Express signal cover)
No answers yet
can I use the airport express as a wireless adaptor to connect a PC with a cord to receive the signal from my router at home?
My pc dont have a wireless adapter, in stead of using a normal wireless adaper, I wanna try with airport express to make use the airplay fonction with my apple tv. is that possible?
- Asked by Shibo X from Montreal
- Aug 23, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use the airport express as a wireless adaptor to connect a PC with a cord to receive the signal from my router at home?)
Is this different from the 2 Airport Express units I already have that plug right into the wall to extend my Airport Extreme's wifi signal?
The two that I already have plug right into the wall & work great (and are out of sight). This new one seems like it needs to be plugged in with a cord. The cord is a problem, I was planning on putting one in every room, but cords all over the place would present a domestic issue.
- Asked by Dale F from Huntington Beach
- Jun 13, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this different from the 2 Airport Express units I already have that plug right into the wall to extend my Airport Extreme's wifi signal?)
How do I hook up my apple airport?
I bought a 5000imac set up including an airport but have not set it up and am paying my internet company for service s that my air port would cover. Please help me I believe I can lower my monthly internet bill by 25 if I get this set up
- Asked by Molly H from Falconer
- Jun 14, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I hook up my apple airport?)
No answers yet
Technical network question: can I use the Express with my current Airport Extreme, as a repeater with printer connected?
I currently have an airport extreme, which is very good at getting range throughout my very long unit (about 30 meters.)
I have my TV, XBOX, PC down one end.. and my iMac is down the other end. I had the Extreme set up in the middle of the house. So it turns out, my xbox360 along with the NBA App wont give me HD unless its plugged in, even if the wireless Extreme unit is sitting 5 inches away from the XBOX360 (I tested this). Highlights work fine, but actual games - na.
So I though I would move the extreme in the room with the XBOX 360 etc in it..
Anyway, surprisingly, down the other end of the house, the iMac works on the internet fine! The iPhone 5 also works well.(checked with speediest and can confirm that the iphone lost less than 10% at the end of the house! impressive :-) ) BUT when I look at the iMac network connection, it says the transmit signal is only 27 down from around 217. The internet is fine, but youtube has taken a hit.
My dilemma then, is that I need the printer connected to a wireless device so everything including our laptops can print. I also would not mind extending the range back out for the iMac.
So I am considering the Express to put in the middle of the house.
1) If I have my modem plugged into the extreme, I assume I can use the express as an extender?
2) Can I plug the printer into the Extender, or in this case, the little express which will be used as an extender?
I sort of dont want the printer near the TV due to room issues, and would like to bring back the super quickness of the internet to the iMac.. Im not so fussed about the internet for the iMac, as its only YouTube which has taken a hit, everything else works great, which is amazing at such a long range. (almost 100 feet)
- Asked by Dennis K from Mosman
- Nov 15, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Technical network question: can I use the Express with my current Airport Extreme, as a repeater with printer connected?)
Do my stereo system speakers need to be able to connect to wifi signal to enable the airport express to work?
I have a JVC stereo system (MX-KC68) with sub and speakers which are really good but they do not have any wifi or bluetooth capabilities. I checked the back of the stereo system and speakers and it only has ports for the wired speakers/sub (the speakers look like they are internally wired and cant be removed). Is there a way to somehow connect the JVC stereo system to the airport express? I want to set up a home sound system but thought if I could somehow wire it up to the airport express that would save buying a few other sound speakers around the house. I have a feeling it will most likely end up being pretty complicated and may be just easier to purchase a system that has these capabilities but thought I would ask considering the speakers are the best ones I have around. thanks in advance :)
- Asked by Kristen P from Rooty Hill
- May 20, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Do my stereo system speakers need to be able to connect to wifi signal to enable the airport express to work?)
Can I set up my airport bought in France in the US
- Asked by Jean-louis H from Scottsdale
- Aug 11, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I set up my airport bought in France in the US)
Can i connect more than 3 airport express to extend my WiFi signal
Hello. My house have a big terrain, so I have 10 WIFI cameras, and I need to extend the wifi signal so I could connect with a good speed all the cameras. So I'm thinking of connecting for example 4 airport express, and 1 of them will be connected to Internet and the other ones will extend the signal. It could be done and work properly?. How many airport express I could connect?. Thanks!!!
- Asked by Ignacio José T
- Jun 13, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i connect more than 3 airport express to extend my WiFi signal)
Does Airport Express have the capability to receive bluetooth signals?
want to hook up my airport express to my Sonos Play 5 to play from a device
- Asked by Scott F from New York
- Nov 13, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Does Airport Express have the capability to receive bluetooth signals?)
can I use two airport extremes to extend wifi signal?
I bought a new airport extreme to replace my older one - can I place the older one in the garage via ethernet to have wifi in the garage?
- Asked by Richard C from Meraux
- Nov 28, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use two airport extremes to extend wifi signal?)
Can I use an AirPort Express to extend my existing wifi signal?
- Asked by Jason K from New Canaan
- Jun 20, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use an AirPort Express to extend my existing wifi signal?)
Can this be used along with the airport extreme but be placed in a different part of the house?
I have a Mac and Comcast. I already own an Airport Extreme which is connected to my comcast router. I am looking to boost the wifi signal so that I can have it reach my back patio for parties. How would I set all of this up if it is even possible. If this doesn't work are there any other suggestion for what I can purchase to boost the signal from my extreme?
- Asked by Brianna P from Malaga
- Nov 30, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used along with the airport extreme but be placed in a different part of the house?)
Does it expand a wireless signal/range, other than Airport, time capsule or airport express?
I use a Q1000 modem for CenturyLink and was wondering if it can expand the wireless range on this model.
- Asked by Chris P from Herriman
- Jun 14, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it expand a wireless signal/range, other than Airport, time capsule or airport express?)
Compatibility with previous generation of airport extreme
I currently have 2 airport extreme base stations these are configured with the radio set to 5 ghz as a single wireless network. can i introduce a airport express into the same wireless network but have this airport express transmitting on both 2.4 and 5 ghz simultaneously or will it be restricted to 5 ghz due to the older airport extreme configuration.
- Asked by Steve T
- Apr 22, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Compatibility with previous generation of airport extreme)
how do i set up as bridge to printer
need to use airport express bridge mode to printer (will use ethernet cable to connect printer to airport express) in existing airport extreme network.
Where are instructions to set this up?
- Asked by Paul S from Buffalo
- Dec 16, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (how do i set up as bridge to printer)
Can I use the Airport Express Base Station to replace my existing Netgear router and still maintain the same network?
My cable company setup the network in my house with their equipment: a modem and a Netgear router. The router does not provide adequate signal strength even for a desktop PC situated a few feet in the same room. As a test, I plugged in my Airport Extreme Base Station to one of the free ports on the back of the Netgear router and the PC, as well as other wireless devices nearby, received a stronger signal. I want to replace the Netgear router with the Express without creating a new network. Is this possible?
- Asked by Anthony G from Edison
- Sep 23, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the Airport Express Base Station to replace my existing Netgear router and still maintain the same network?)
Does AirPort extend an internet signal individually (i.e., aside from existing and/or nearby internet signals)? If so, is there a monthly fee?
I currently have a router that I connect to, but the connection strength is comparable to dial-up speed. Being that I am a college student, I am doing my best to maximize efficiency and minimize stress and the fact that it takes 5 minutes to load a page that would normally take 5 seconds certainly isn't helping. Does the AirPort express run on it's own individual internet connection or does it simply make the connection to the respective router more available? Assuming that it does in fact run on its own signal, is there a monthly internet fee?
- Asked by Brian B from Doylestown
- Oct 22, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Does AirPort extend an internet signal individually (i.e., aside from existing and/or nearby internet signals)? If so, is there a monthly fee?)