Similar questions from the community
does it work with logitech speakers such as LOGITECH S715i Rechargeable Speaker
- Asked by Mr Michael B C from Floreat
- Mar 28, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (does it work with logitech speakers such as LOGITECH S715i Rechargeable Speaker)
If I plug in my speakers (amp to old school speaker) to the jack can I airplay audio to Airport from Mac and iPhone and have it play through them?
Basically I have a small set up in my room of an old sony amp and goodmans speakers, the amp has rca connections on the back so I do a simple 3/4" jack to rca and plug it into my iPhone or Mac and it works fine. What I want to be able to do is to play audio, via airplay i'm assuming, to the AirPort Express, have it output through the jack socket on the rear and play though my setup as it would as usual.
Hope this makes sense.
connect with airplay or airport express (6) speakers connected by wires to a remote location. all speakers are ceiling mounted housed in 6 small room
WIll this work when I connect to a MacBook Air? or will I still need a seperate receiver. I'm starting a small business quickly, and my space is small, 1,200 sq ft. Spa setting, where music should sound crisp without crackling when we play classical and such. What should I do?
- Asked by Pauliina G from Salt Lake City
- Mar 8, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (connect with airplay or airport express (6) speakers connected by wires to a remote location. all speakers are ceiling mounted housed in 6 small room)
Do my stereo system speakers need to be able to connect to wifi signal to enable the airport express to work?
I have a JVC stereo system (MX-KC68) with sub and speakers which are really good but they do not have any wifi or bluetooth capabilities. I checked the back of the stereo system and speakers and it only has ports for the wired speakers/sub (the speakers look like they are internally wired and cant be removed). Is there a way to somehow connect the JVC stereo system to the airport express? I want to set up a home sound system but thought if I could somehow wire it up to the airport express that would save buying a few other sound speakers around the house. I have a feeling it will most likely end up being pretty complicated and may be just easier to purchase a system that has these capabilities but thought I would ask considering the speakers are the best ones I have around. thanks in advance :)
- Asked by Kristen P from Rooty Hill
- May 20, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Do my stereo system speakers need to be able to connect to wifi signal to enable the airport express to work?)
Will the AirPort express allow me to route only iTunes to my speakers, or does it work with any music/movies/any sounds playing on my laptop?
For example, Netflix. Would I be able to watch Netflix on my laptop, with the sound from the speakers I have plugged in to my AirPort Express? This would be convenient if I want to sit on the couch near my desk/speakers and don't want to put headphones in. I am also wondering about music saved in Google Play, movies in VLC media player, etc.--ideally this would route all sound playing on my laptop to the speakers.
- Asked by Stephanie C from Schaumburg
- Jul 8, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the AirPort express allow me to route only iTunes to my speakers, or does it work with any music/movies/any sounds playing on my laptop?)
airport express multi amp/speaker/system
I want to just extend my wireless system. I DO NOT WANT TO USE THE AIRPLAY OPTION.
So can I use say Pandora, Tunein etc. and select my wireless instead of Airplay and send the same thing to both my express units? (2) That way I can play to my stereo/ amp /speaker/ volume controlled in two places at the same time. I am not sure my question is clear since I seem to be getting different replays.
I currently have the 1st gen. express and play into my amp vis a cable. I see that amp port is still on the new gen. so I was in hope this can be done.
- Asked by Gary S from Lake Oswego
- Mar 4, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (airport express multi amp/speaker/system)
No answers yet
do you need the airport extreme for the airport express to work
I'm thinking of buying a airport express to wirelessly stream music to my speakers but i was wondering if you need to have the airport extreme as well to make it work. thanks
- Asked by James H from Nedlands
- Apr 15, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (do you need the airport extreme for the airport express to work)
Will Bowers & Wilkins MM1 speakers run off airport express?
I am looking to set up airplay to my MM1 speakers using the USB connection to the airport express, is this feasible?
- Asked by Adrian B
- Nov 10, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will Bowers & Wilkins MM1 speakers run off airport express?)
I already have a non-apple router. Is there anyway to use an airport express for AirPlay without replacing my router with an AirPort Extreme?
I can't replace my router with an airport express as my modem is not near the speakers.
Can I use the USB Port on the back of my Airport Express for audio?
I want to connect my Bose Speaker system that I purchased for my computer. I want to be able to use my laptop anywhere in the room without being tired to my desk where the speakers are. What are my options? Thanks
- Asked by Jeremy G from Los Angles
- Jun 14, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the USB Port on the back of my Airport Express for audio?)
Can I play audio from samsung TV via airport express to built in surround system
i have airport express hard wired to built in surround speakers to pick up music from iPad, iPhone etc. can I output sound from my samsung smart TV to the surround speakers via airport express over wifi? Do I need software on tv?
- Asked by Alex D
- Jan 25, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I play audio from samsung TV via airport express to built in surround system)
Can I use the AirPort Express to connect to my existing wireless and then make my printer and music play wirelessly?
I already have a wireless router, and wired printer. I want to extend my wireless range, and I also want to be able to turn my wired printer into a wireless one, along with my wired speakers into wireless speakers. Is this possible?
- Asked by Xavier S from Washington
- Oct 22, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the AirPort Express to connect to my existing wireless and then make my printer and music play wirelessly?)
Will the Airport Express amplify my speakers?
I have in wall/ceiling speakers in my home. If I hook up the Airport will the Airport express amplify them when I stream music from my ipod or iphone? If not, what would you suggest?
- Asked by Kris S from Chubbuck
- Aug 8, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the Airport Express amplify my speakers?)
No answers yet
Do I need an AirPlay enabled MacBook to use the AirPlay function in the AirPort Express?
I have a late 2008 unibody MacBook which does not support airplay. I would like to stream music from iTunes to an AirPlay enabled speaker system. Could I use AirPort express to do this?
- Asked by Neil A
- Feb 20, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I need an AirPlay enabled MacBook to use the AirPlay function in the AirPort Express?)
Movies with airplay
If I were to connect stereo speakers to my airport express and use apple tv and watch a movie or youtube etc...would they work fine together. basically using the airplay as my speaker setup?
- Asked by Jonathan M from Wexford
- Apr 22, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Movies with airplay)
No answers yet
Can I use the airport express as an audio transmitter?
I want to connect audio from a non-wifi unit to an airport express to broadcast that audio to another airport express for audio output to powered speakers.
If this can work, I want to know if I can have multiple receiving expresses.
If there is no way to input audio to the airport express, does anyone have a recommendation for a wifi audio transmitter that would be compatible with say two airport express units for a stereo signal?
- Asked by Ken W from Mesquite
- Sep 7, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the airport express as an audio transmitter?)