Similar questions from the community
do i need the apirport express base to connect to my mac OS 10.6.8 to get wi fi
I have gone into my Apple Mac on system preference for internet & wi fi sharing to see if I can set up wireless connect and when I get to the computer using box It does not show me a
box for wi fi.. It's has a choice for air port option.
I want to have my mac setup for both internet & wireless. Do I purchase the Airport express base station for this to work? I have eathernet modem. Will l need to call a mac tec to install or would I be able to do it myself. I know enough to be dangerous! Thank you
- Asked by Roberta H from Surprise
- Nov 9, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (do i need the apirport express base to connect to my mac OS 10.6.8 to get wi fi)
Can the Airport express just die?
I woke up and my old airport express had no litghs lit up and I I lost my wifi connection, however my router is still working
- Asked by Alan G from South Yarmouth
- Mar 17, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the Airport express just die?)
No answers yet
Will the range on the new Airport Express be stronger than the previous model?
Due to my cable companies decision, my connection box & Airport Express is located in a closet. I sometimes struggle to get a signal everywhere in my condo, which is not very large to begin with.
- Asked by Dennis M from Bloomington
- Jun 11, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the range on the new Airport Express be stronger than the previous model?)
Can i connect my router that i have now to the airport express in a different level of my house?
I want to use the airport express as a router for my room, so i can connect my computer and playstation to the internet. If i buy the airport express, can I have it so that it recieves the signal from a belkin router downstairs and will give me internet upstairs? I know it sounds silly because wifi works in the whole house, but i need to be able to hardwire the playstation.
- Asked by David W from Cary
- Jul 15, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i connect my router that i have now to the airport express in a different level of my house?)
Is this different from the 2 Airport Express units I already have that plug right into the wall to extend my Airport Extreme's wifi signal?
The two that I already have plug right into the wall & work great (and are out of sight). This new one seems like it needs to be plugged in with a cord. The cord is a problem, I was planning on putting one in every room, but cords all over the place would present a domestic issue.
- Asked by Dale F from Huntington Beach
- Jun 13, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this different from the 2 Airport Express units I already have that plug right into the wall to extend my Airport Extreme's wifi signal?)
Can Airport Express convert Wi-Fi to Ethernet?
I have a motorhome and we camp in areas that provide Wi-Fi. My TV is internet ready, but requires an Ethernet cable input. Can the Airport Express detect the Wi-Fi signal and convert it to Ethernet so that I can plug the Ethernet cable into my TV?
- Asked by Pamela J from Moody
- Jul 26, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can Airport Express convert Wi-Fi to Ethernet?)
WPA-2 or Stronger Protection Available?
Just how strong is the security firewall on the newest Airport Extreme?
- Asked by Larry T from Candia
- Feb 18, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (WPA-2 or Stronger Protection Available?)
No answers yet
How many Xbox 360's can I connect to my airport express?
I recently purchased another 360 and cannot get it to work with my airport express unless I plug into it directly. My first 360 connects with no issue wirelessly. My ISP told me that my express may not be able to handle more than one 360 with the wifi. Is this just them pushing responsibility on to Apple or is there something I'm missing? If I cannot connect more than one wirelessly, then will a time capsule or extreme do the trick?
Thank you everyone for your assistance.
- Asked by Jeffery K from Roy
- Feb 10, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (How many Xbox 360's can I connect to my airport express?)
Can i connect more than 3 airport express to extend my WiFi signal
Hello. My house have a big terrain, so I have 10 WIFI cameras, and I need to extend the wifi signal so I could connect with a good speed all the cameras. So I'm thinking of connecting for example 4 airport express, and 1 of them will be connected to Internet and the other ones will extend the signal. It could be done and work properly?. How many airport express I could connect?. Thanks!!!
- Asked by Ignacio José T
- Jun 13, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i connect more than 3 airport express to extend my WiFi signal)
Does the new Airport Express have noticeable range improvements from it's predecessor?
I currently use the old Airport Express to extend my wireless network broadcasted from my Time Capsule 2nd generation.
Unfortunately, the room I have my Airport Express in, which has poor service to the Time Capsule directly, is not always within working range.
If I upgraded my Airport Express to the newer unit, should I expect to see a NOTICEABLE improvement in coverage range?
I'm specifically asking those users who have used both; do you notice a significant improvement worthy of spending $100 on upgrading my device, keeping in mind this is really only so I can get strong WiFi extended from my Time Capsule and have it more reliable than the extended signal I currently have from the older Airport Express.
- Asked by Michael F from Fair Lawn
- Aug 6, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the new Airport Express have noticeable range improvements from it's predecessor?)
Can I use the airport express as an audio transmitter?
I want to connect audio from a non-wifi unit to an airport express to broadcast that audio to another airport express for audio output to powered speakers.
If this can work, I want to know if I can have multiple receiving expresses.
If there is no way to input audio to the airport express, does anyone have a recommendation for a wifi audio transmitter that would be compatible with say two airport express units for a stereo signal?
- Asked by Ken W from Mesquite
- Sep 7, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the airport express as an audio transmitter?)
Can I play Amazon Prime Music thru my airport express to my home stereo, and if so, how is it set up?
My Airport Express is several years old
- Asked by Drew H from Pittsburgh
- Jan 13, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I play Amazon Prime Music thru my airport express to my home stereo, and if so, how is it set up?)
How do I change from airport express first generation to new airport express base station (second generation)?
I currently have the 1st gen airport express plugged into the wall and connected to our cable (wired) router via the ethernet port. It provides a wireless network to our two computers in other rooms of the house. The coverage is OK, but it occasionally is slow and/or briefly loses the wireless connection.
I recently bought the second generation airport express base station with the two ports (Ethernet and WAN), and I want to switch over to the new APExpress. My questions are: 1) In what order should I do things? (eg unplug the old APExpress before plugging in the new APExpress base station, or vice versa) and 2) In which port on the new APExpress should I plug the cable from the router into, the Ethernet port or the WAN port?
One last question: Does it make any sense to connect both APExpresses to the router, i.e. connect 1st gen airport express to ethernet port of new APExpress base station, and connect the new APexpress base station to the router via the WAN port?
As you can tell by my questions, I'm not a very techhie kind of guy, so please make the answer simple:-)
- Asked by Steven G from Yokohama
- Apr 28, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I change from airport express first generation to new airport express base station (second generation)?)
Will the AirPort Express work for 3ds' as well?
My Brother and I want to know if the wifi in the AirPort Express works for that as well.
- Asked by Lily I from Norristown
- Jul 14, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the AirPort Express work for 3ds' as well?)
do you need the airport extreme for the airport express to work
I'm thinking of buying a airport express to wirelessly stream music to my speakers but i was wondering if you need to have the airport extreme as well to make it work. thanks
- Asked by James H from Nedlands
- Apr 15, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (do you need the airport extreme for the airport express to work)
If I plug in my speakers (amp to old school speaker) to the jack can I airplay audio to Airport from Mac and iPhone and have it play through them?
Basically I have a small set up in my room of an old sony amp and goodmans speakers, the amp has rca connections on the back so I do a simple 3/4" jack to rca and plug it into my iPhone or Mac and it works fine. What I want to be able to do is to play audio, via airplay i'm assuming, to the AirPort Express, have it output through the jack socket on the rear and play though my setup as it would as usual.
Hope this makes sense.