Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Can I Throw out my Macbook Power Adapter (Canada)
This is probably a stupid question but I was wondering if I can just throw the power adapter out in the trash (Canada),
- Asked by Kevin J from London
- Jun 22, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I Throw out my Macbook Power Adapter (Canada))
macbook europe power adapter
I'm going to spain with my macbook pro. Do I need a power adapter to step down from 220 to 110, or does the regular charger on my power cord handle that for me?
- Asked by Bill B from Oak Park
- May 25, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (macbook europe power adapter)
can you recycle the power adapter?
Simply put, I have a 60W MagicSafe Power Adapter and the cable white casing has started to come off (literally can see the green power cable at places). Rather than throw it out, I want to know if you can recycle it so it doesn't harm the environment.
Is it possible?
If so, where can I recycle it? - do I have to take it into an Apple Store, or can I put it in my recycle bin at home?
If not, it'll go in the trash.
Thanks if you can help.
- Asked by Adam K
- Sep 6, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (can you recycle the power adapter?)
No answers yet
What power cable will I need if I move to Australia?
I might be moving to Australia next year, and I'm wondering what i will need to charge my Macbook over there. I am currently living in Canada, and I own a 15" (White) Macbook.
- Asked by Kelly B from St. Catharines
- Mar 25, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (What power cable will I need if I move to Australia?)
AC power cord - is that also included when I purchase an Adapter? If not, how can I also acquire the AC cord?
When I purchase an Apple MagSafe Power Adapter, do I also by the thick AC power extension cord (>1m) that one uses to connect the adapter to the actual power outlet in the wall? (i.e. similar to the one I got when purchasing my Macbook originally?) This is left ingeniously unclear in the product description of the MagSafe Adapter and the accompanying pictures, which is not helped with the absence of such a separate AC power cord in the Macbook product accessory categories.
In addition, is the configuration of the prongs in the plug of the AC cord that which is used in the country where the Adapter/Cord are purchased. That is, when purchasing the adapter via AppleStore/Canada I would expect to get a North-American version? It would be best would be if one could specify this technical aspect, too, instead of having to guess.
Do the Macbook Pro power adapters have a warranty?
- Asked by Melanie P from Payson
- Aug 16, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Do the Macbook Pro power adapters have a warranty?)
What does an 85 Watt MegSafe Power Adapter do?
I am purchasing a MacBook Pro and was wondering if i need this adapter?
- Asked by Sheila G from Peoria
- May 28, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (What does an 85 Watt MegSafe Power Adapter do?)
2009 white macbook power adapter QUESTION
I have a 2009 White Macbook. I'm not sure the actual config because the battery is dead and I cannot tue on my laptop. The current power adapter doesnt work. I am in search of a new one. Which specific 60w power adapter will work withe 2009 White Macbook?
- Asked by Andrew M from Tarzana
- Feb 17, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (2009 white macbook power adapter QUESTION)
Is there a power cord adapter for the 15" Macbook Pro you can use in your car?
I just purchased a 15" Macbook Pro and travel with it. I charge my cell phone while driving. Is this an option for my Macbook?
I prefer to buy an Apple product, but if one is not available I would consider another company.
- Asked by Nick L from San Carlos
- Oct 6, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a power cord adapter for the 15" Macbook Pro you can use in your car?)
Will this power adapter be useful for my MacBook Pro a1175?
- Asked by Yanina Hemilse S
- Aug 26, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this power adapter be useful for my MacBook Pro a1175?)
What power cord adapter can we use for both a 13" Macbook and a 17" Macbook Pro?
We need an additional powercord for our office that can charge two different laptops.
- Asked by Kristin P from Saint Louis Park
- Oct 8, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (What power cord adapter can we use for both a 13" Macbook and a 17" Macbook Pro?)
Macbook Air 11" 2012 - Converter for SE Asia?
I have an 11" Macbook Air that I bought in January 2012 in Canada. I am currently in SE Asia and am wondering if I need to use a converter to charge it? Other posts I have seen have said it is not necessary so I have plugged it in with an adapter and the battery got extremely hot, is this from not having a converter, or is something wrong with my computer?
- Asked by Terri D from Vancouver
- Mar 16, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Macbook Air 11" 2012 - Converter for SE Asia?)
No answers yet
A1172 portable power adapter replacement
Does the Apple 85W MagSafe Power Adapter (for 15- and 17-inch MacBook Pro) replace the A1172 portable power adapter that came with a 2006 15" MacBook Pro 1,1?
- Asked by Julie D from Chicago
- May 12, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (A1172 portable power adapter replacement)
will the magsafe power adapter switch off a smart power strip when the batter is charged?
I am considering getting a "smart" power strip and would like to know if plugged into the master, will the power adapter shut off the supplies after my macbook pro is fully charged?
- Asked by Richard S from Ridgecrest
- Feb 23, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (will the magsafe power adapter switch off a smart power strip when the batter is charged?)
Do I need to change power adapters if traveling to UK?
I am traveling to the UK and I have my MacBook Pro that I purchased in the US. Do I need to get a different watt power adapter or should a UK plug be ok?
- Asked by Shelby S from Columbus
- Aug 28, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I need to change power adapters if traveling to UK?)
Is there a way to purchase a Power Adapter that is specific for countries other than the US?
I have been using a country-specific adapter on my Power Adapter in Israel for 3 months with my MacBook. I am planning to stay here for another 5 years. Will this system continue to work with the different voltage or should I look into getting an Israel-voltage-specific Power Adapter, if one exists?
- Asked by Lia D from Brooklyn
- Aug 21, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a way to purchase a Power Adapter that is specific for countries other than the US?)
Can I use the 45w magsafe power adapter for my 15" macbook AIR?
Yeesh. Why is this so hard to figure out? I needed a replacement for my 15" air, and this 45w that came looks awfully small. Will it harm my macbook air to use a 45w? Will it charge? Thanks for your help!
- Asked by Lisa O from San Francisco
- Feb 9, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the 45w magsafe power adapter for my 15" macbook AIR?)
Can I use the 45W Magsafe Power adapter with the 13-inch MacBook?
- Asked by Patricia T from Toronto
- Oct 29, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the 45W Magsafe Power adapter with the 13-inch MacBook?)
Is my MacBook Air's 45W MagSafe Power Adapter dual voltage?
- Asked by Marcus L from Tokyo
- Nov 28, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Is my MacBook Air's 45W MagSafe Power Adapter dual voltage?)
Can I use the 45W MagSafe Power Adapter with a 15 in MacBook Pro?
- Asked by Charles K from Hinsdale
- Mar 24, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the 45W MagSafe Power Adapter with a 15 in MacBook Pro?)