Similar questions from the community
Questions about Upgrading Macbook OS in light of IOS 7
Like a lot of others I am running my Macbook on 10.5.8, and now with the latest update for the iPhone I have to consider updating my OS so I can download the new iTunes and in turn sync my iPhone.
If I do this will I have to purchase iWorks again?
If I do this can I go directly to Mountain Lion?
Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook5,2
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
I have been considering upgrading my memory and hard drive of late, so perhaps this is the time to do it.
- Asked by Lynne D
- Oct 10, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Questions about Upgrading Macbook OS in light of IOS 7)
Two questions about upgrading software...
I currently have Tiger 10.4.11 on my Mac Mini, my father just upgraded his mac's software from Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion and I was trying to find out if I can use his software (Snow Leopard) on my Mac since he is no longer using it? Also, can I upgrade straight from Tiger 10.4.11 to Snow Leopard 10.6? Or do I need to purchase the software that goes in between those two operating systems? Thank You
- Asked by Rachael O from Windsor
- Jan 2, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Two questions about upgrading software...)
can my 2005 macbook upgrade to lion?
I upgraded to Snow Leopard 10.6.8 now my mail doesn't work do I need to go to Lion 10.7? But I am afraid my macbook is too old to run it.. 2005 with no upgrades
- Asked by Sherry H from Sarasota
- Oct 19, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can my 2005 macbook upgrade to lion?)
macbook white upgrade
Hi, I would like to upgrade my macbook white from 10.5 to 10.7, however the support models are:
iMac (Mid 2007 or newer)
MacBook (Late 2008 Aluminium, or Early 2009 or newer)
MacBook Pro (Mid/Late 2007 or newer)
Xserve (Early 2009)
MacBook Air (Late 2008 or newer)
Mac mini (Early 2009 or newer)
Mac Pro (Early 2008 or newer)
Which one is macbook white belongs to???
anyone tried upgrade before??
My processor is 2GHz, memory 2GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM.. Can upgrade to 10.7?
- Asked by Yongjian N
- Jul 26, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (macbook white upgrade)
Can i upgrade to snow leopard will i still retain the iLife. does my macbook qualifies for the new upgrade?
I had bought macbook 13 inch plastic version entry level in may 09 which shipped with leopard 10.5.8, it came with 2 discs one of it is the Mac OS leopard disc what does the second disc consists? the second disc states macbook applications install dvd with some AHT version on it does this disc contains iLife? I checked my existing programs i have Photo, iMovie, GarageBand, iWeb, and iDVD which means i have iLife. So now the million dollar question if i buy just the Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard OS worth 48$ will i still be able to retain my existing iLife. I want to do a clean install if i buy the new OS. does iLife comes builtin inside the new OS?
- Asked by Vijay C from Singapore
- Oct 7, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i upgrade to snow leopard will i still retain the iLife. does my macbook qualifies for the new upgrade?)
how to upgrade from os x lion
I have a early 2008 mac book that operates on osx lion 10.7 5 and i need to update. what do I need to do to get the current softwear .. help please
- Asked by Anna B from North St Paul
- Apr 26, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (how to upgrade from os x lion)
I have a 2008 MacBook running OSX 10.7.5. I want to update to OSX 10.8. Can you tell me if this is possible?
OSX 10.8 Question
- Asked by Julia L from Mc Calla
- Jul 8, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a 2008 MacBook running OSX 10.7.5. I want to update to OSX 10.8. Can you tell me if this is possible?)
Can I load Windows 7 on a MacBook Pro running OS X 10.5.8?
Do I need to upgrade to snow leopard first, in order to install windows 7 using the boot camp assistant?
- Asked by Andrew B from Anacortes
- Jun 16, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I load Windows 7 on a MacBook Pro running OS X 10.5.8?)
how to upgrade 10.5.2 to 10.7.2
I want to upgrade my macbook to 10.7.2 so i can use icloud with my ipad 2
how do i do this?
- Asked by Sharon M from Toronto
- Jan 4, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (how to upgrade 10.5.2 to 10.7.2)
I currently have MAC OS X 10.5.8, but i need to upgrade it to a newer version. Can i go straight to MAC OS X 10.7? Or do i need to get MAC OS X 10.6?
I need to upgrade my software because the newer versions of itunes are not compatible with MAC OS X 10.5.8. I need a new itunes so that I can connect my Iphone 5s to my macbook.
- Asked by Michael C from Daly City
- Oct 9, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (I currently have MAC OS X 10.5.8, but i need to upgrade it to a newer version. Can i go straight to MAC OS X 10.7? Or do i need to get MAC OS X 10.6?)
I have an iMac 8,1 running OS X 10.5.8. but I don't know what OS X to buy (10.6, or 10.7, or 10.8) to get Maverick?
I have a iMac 8,1 running OS X 10.5.8. Now I want to upgrade to Maverick. My question is: Should I upgrade the OS X 10.6, or 10.7, or 10.8? ( all of them have the same price) Does it matter if I get 10.6 or it is better if I purchase 10.8. to upgrade to Maverick? Or it doesn't matter at all because I will upgrade to Maverick???
Please guys help me. These disgusting doubts are making my life miserable.
- Asked by Jonatan H from Brooklyn
- Dec 23, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (I have an iMac 8,1 running OS X 10.5.8. but I don't know what OS X to buy (10.6, or 10.7, or 10.8) to get Maverick?)
Can I upgrade my Macbook Pro 13" 10.6.8 to 10.7?
I'm trying to use Elgato Game Capture card, but the system requirements require my mac to be "Mac: OS X 10.7 or later, 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo CPU." Am i able to upgrade my Mac to that?
- Asked by Fabian L from Katy
- Jun 4, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I upgrade my Macbook Pro 13" 10.6.8 to 10.7?)
I have Mac OS X on my MacBook, can I upgrade to snow leopard?
- Asked by Dennis B from Lake Ozark
- Aug 9, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (I have Mac OS X on my MacBook, can I upgrade to snow leopard?)
Upgrading from 10.5.8 - probably a dumb question :)
I want to upgrade from 10.5.8 to Snow Leopard and then to Lion. I just wanted to know if my current Windows for Mac software will still be okay with the new software. I've not done any upgrades since buying my Mac Mini (other than the auto-upgrades), so am not sure what's involved.
- Asked by Leah B from Kambah
- Jan 3, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Upgrading from 10.5.8 - probably a dumb question :))
If I upgrade my 233 GHz MacBook Pro to Snow, can I use my Leopard box set on an older Powerbook Pro 1.25 GHz running Tiger 10.4? (License question.)
Does an upgrade to Snow Leopard on my MacBook Pro G5 dual core Intel (233 GHz Intel Duo 2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM) release the older Leopard box set license for use on my older PPC Powerbook Pro (125 GHz PowerPC G4 1GB 512 MHz PowerPC DDR SDRAM), since the 10.6 version is considered a later system and replaces the 10.5 version? This is a license question.
I have a MacBook Pro 10.6.8. Is there a free upgrade to Snow Leopard (10.7)?
I'm not sure I meet the requirements for upgrading to Lion, so it Snow Leopard the next best thing?. Is there somewhere I can look on my MacBook Pro that will tell me if I meet the Lion requirements? Thanks.
- Asked by Nancy W from Deland
- Sep 22, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a MacBook Pro 10.6.8. Is there a free upgrade to Snow Leopard (10.7)?)
i have a macbook 4.1, and I need to upgrade to MacBook 7,1 or later for AutoCad 2011 for MAC. If I buy this product, the autocad work?
- Asked by Andres N from Miami
- Nov 20, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (i have a macbook 4.1, and I need to upgrade to MacBook 7,1 or later for AutoCad 2011 for MAC. If I buy this product, the autocad work?)
Do I need to backup before I upgrade
Soon I will upgrade my MacBook to Mac OS 10.6. Do I have to backup my all data?
- Asked by Seung K from Lisle
- Jan 5, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I need to backup before I upgrade)