Similar questions from the community
I have 10.5.8 on my pro mac. The brightness keys (F1 and F2) used to work but now don't. Would upgrading to 10.6 solve this problem?
- Asked by Paul M from Saint Helena
- Feb 17, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (I have 10.5.8 on my pro mac. The brightness keys (F1 and F2) used to work but now don't. Would upgrading to 10.6 solve this problem?)
Upgrade to Mavericks? Currently using OS X 10.5.8?
I'm new to Mac and recently purchased a refurbished Mac Mini. I'm not sure what version it is but it currently has Mac OS X 10.5.8 installed on it. I understand that to upgrade this to Mavericks, I will need at least Mac OS X 10.6? I'm not sure if this will work or what to do or what is the best way to fully utilise my new computer. Any help will be extremely grateful.
- Asked by Danielle M
- Aug 5, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Upgrade to Mavericks? Currently using OS X 10.5.8?)
I am currently using 10.5.8- nothing works as it states I'm using old software and need to upgrade. Will buying 10.6 allow for all updates to work?
Previously things like firefox and chrome worked, but now they're not. I assumed that clicking on Software Update would have updated prior, however, from googling this it appears that I need 10.6 to allow an app to then upgrade. As it is now 2017- will buying this DVD to update the software still work?
will this snow leopard upgrade work on IMac 9.1 running OS X 10.5.8
I'm almost computer illiterate. My macbook pro has crashed (hard drive dead) & I'm now using my old desktop iMac, it's running Mac OS X 10.5.8 Any assistance is appreciated.
Details of system wanting to upgrade are :
Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac9,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: IM91.008D.B08
SMC Version (system): 1.44f0
- Asked by Simon J from Pacific Pines
- Jun 18, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (will this snow leopard upgrade work on IMac 9.1 running OS X 10.5.8)
2010 white Macbook on OSX 10.5.8 --can I install upgraded 10.6 or higher OS from another mac computer I have?
Have an macbook I'd like the kids to use -- mainly for the dvd drive and internet.
I don't want to pay for two OS upgrades just for that.
1. Can I use a program I already have on other equipment? (another near dead macbook pro)?
2. How high of an OS can this machine go?
3. How functional is 10.5.8 for things like the Internet?
The white macbook has 2.4 Ghz Intel core duo
- Asked by Ara W from Durham
- Jun 20, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (2010 white Macbook on OSX 10.5.8 --can I install upgraded 10.6 or higher OS from another mac computer I have?)
How can I upgrade Mac OS X 10.5.8 to OS X 10.6.8 or higher?
I have a old mac that has a version of 10.5.8 and I cannot upgrade nothing. I cannot play some games in my computer becuse I have to update adobe, I cannot updtae adobe if I don't upgrade SAfari (Same with Chrome) and I cannot upgrade safari if I don't change of version...help
- Asked by Franchesca B
- Oct 5, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I upgrade Mac OS X 10.5.8 to OS X 10.6.8 or higher?)
Can I upgrade from 10.5.8 to 10.6.3. I have a Mac Pro approx 2007
- Asked by Vincent O from Cape Canaverl
- Jul 25, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I upgrade from 10.5.8 to 10.6.3. I have a Mac Pro approx 2007)
what information do i need to upgrade my mac from 10.5.8 to 10.6
i recently bought an Intel imac late 2006 1.83ghz running 10.5 and i wanted to upgrade it to 10.6 but i don't have any of the original disks or any of the previous owners information. so i want to know if i need anything like the originals owners information or any of the disks that came with it.
- Asked by Josh S from Poulsbo
- Feb 12, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (what information do i need to upgrade my mac from 10.5.8 to 10.6)
I have an iMac 8,1 running OS X 10.5.8. but I don't know what OS X to buy (10.6, or 10.7, or 10.8) to get Maverick?
I have a iMac 8,1 running OS X 10.5.8. Now I want to upgrade to Maverick. My question is: Should I upgrade the OS X 10.6, or 10.7, or 10.8? ( all of them have the same price) Does it matter if I get 10.6 or it is better if I purchase 10.8. to upgrade to Maverick? Or it doesn't matter at all because I will upgrade to Maverick???
Please guys help me. These disgusting doubts are making my life miserable.
- Asked by Jonatan H from Brooklyn
- Dec 23, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (I have an iMac 8,1 running OS X 10.5.8. but I don't know what OS X to buy (10.6, or 10.7, or 10.8) to get Maverick?)
i have an mac os x 10.5.8 and i need to update into OS x 10.6 snow leopard.
I have an iMac with OS X 10.5.8 and i have a Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard installation DVD for 13-inch MacBook Pro. Can i upgrade my iMac with this DVD?
- Asked by Panos T from Athens
- Sep 8, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (i have an mac os x 10.5.8 and i need to update into OS x 10.6 snow leopard.)
Can I buy the 10.6 Family pack and use it to upgrade one macbook running 10.5 and one macbook pro running 10.4?
I have a old fairly broken down Macbook Pro that was a seriously early revision, like 13 weeks out of the factory. It is running the latest version of Tiger (10.4.11? I can't remember). I also have a newer Macbook running 10.5.8.
My plan is to use the old MBP with a external harddrive hooked up to a tv to play my movies. I'm fairly stubborn and want to do this using dvdpedia and frontrow but the plugin will not work under 10.4, only 10.5 or 10.6.
So I was wondering if I could purchase the Snow Leopard family pack and upgrade BOTH my computers? I know in the description it says to upgrade from Tiger I need the box set edition but I do not need any of the iApps, in fact I would delete them straight away so no way am I paying $NZ349 for it. This is probably more than the computer is worth seeing as the airport card, battery and dvd drive do not work.
Sorry if this is overly complicated but I am a student and I don't want to commit my money if there is no hope of achieving what I want! If anyone has some answers or clarification for me that would be amazing :)
- Asked by Frances R from Dunedin
- Feb 7, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I buy the 10.6 Family pack and use it to upgrade one macbook running 10.5 and one macbook pro running 10.4?)
Currently have 10.5.8. iPhoto 08 does not recognize AVCHD video. Will upgrading to 10.6 solve this, or do I need iLife 11 as well as 10.6 Snow Leopard
- Asked by Joseph P from Calgary
- Mar 18, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Currently have 10.5.8. iPhoto 08 does not recognize AVCHD video. Will upgrading to 10.6 solve this, or do I need iLife 11 as well as 10.6 Snow Leopard)
I am running 10.5.8 on a MACBOOK AIR and want to erase everything and upgrade to 10.6.
Can I do this successfully using an iMac on my network to run the DVD, as the Air does not have an optical drive.
Early model Air; 1.6 GHz Intel Core Duo; 2 GB 687 MHz DDR2 SDRAM.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
- Asked by Laurence S from Columbus
- Apr 10, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (I am running 10.5.8 on a MACBOOK AIR and want to erase everything and upgrade to 10.6.)
I have a Powerbook Pro running 10.5.8. I want to upgrade to Snow, but will it cause problems when using the CS3 programs & fonts?
- Asked by Jennifer N from Warminster
- Nov 29, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a Powerbook Pro running 10.5.8. I want to upgrade to Snow, but will it cause problems when using the CS3 programs & fonts?)
powerpoint on 10 .6 .8
I have a macbook pro OS 10 .6 .8
I have created many power point presenations on it but today, I get a message saying it won't work. I don't want to upgrade my system right now, how can I create a ppt?
- Asked by Catherine V from Victoria
- May 19, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (powerpoint on 10 .6 .8)
No answers yet
What kind of problems will I encounter upgrading from 10.6.8? Will my MS Office:mac 2008 still work? How about my timemachine?
I bought my MacBook Pro to replace a company mac that I continued to do sales work for on commission. I stopped doing so after being hired by a competitor. The problem is I partitioned the hard drive for "work" and personal use. I lost the password for administrator for the "work" side years ago and the personal side is full. We bought a new Brother printer that was wifi and bluetooth functional, but on trying to set it up with the laptop, it informed me that I need to update the operating system. To make matters worse, during a recent remodel the power cord to my WD 1T hard drive I had used for time machine got lost and I can't seem to get a Toshiba 1T I bought on a sailing cruise to save pictures with, was configured as a windows unit and I have to use the NTFI? interface to access it, but it won't run Time machine. So now I'm not sure what to think, I would really like to run time machine and back up the computer before updating, and I'm concerned that all my apps won't function with the new op system.
Another FYI'er stuck
- Asked by Stephen H from Avon
- Jan 23, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (What kind of problems will I encounter upgrading from 10.6.8? Will my MS Office:mac 2008 still work? How about my timemachine?)
how do i get face time on my mac 10.5.8 version?
Not able to download facetime on my mac 10.5.8.How do i make it upgraded to 10.6....for face time?
- Asked by Garima M from Chandler
- May 8, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (how do i get face time on my mac 10.5.8 version?)
I have OS X 10.5.8, also Windows Vista running under Bootcamp. If I upgrade to 10.6, what happens to Bootcamp and the Windows files?
Bootcamp when upgrading to 10.6