Similar questions from the community
I want to download Java 7 will Snow Leopard be enough or shall I jus go for Mountain Lion even it hasn't good reviews? I have 2007 Spftware version.
If I have the version of 10.5.8 and want to upgrade to Yosemite, do I need to upgrade to snow leopard, lion first? Am I able to do that from online?
I have this Mac from 2009 and the version is 10.5.8 and I am able to do some of the things from other company like Avery label templates. Do I need to upgrade all the way to Yosemite? Do I need to upgrade from Snow Leopard to Lion to Mountain Lion to Mavericks then Yosemite? Do I really need to go to store to get Snow Leopard or purchase and wait? or I can purchase online and download straight from online? Thanks.
- Asked by Leslie M from Foster City
- Dec 4, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (If I have the version of 10.5.8 and want to upgrade to Yosemite, do I need to upgrade to snow leopard, lion first? Am I able to do that from online?)
Snow Leopard before Mountain Lion?
I have a Mac from 2009 with a 2.66 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, version 10.5.8. Do I need to buy Snow Leopard or can I just by Mountain Lion?
- Asked by Linda Z from Merced
- Apr 28, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Snow Leopard before Mountain Lion?)
What the difference between Snow leopard and Mountain Lion?
What's the different features between the two? Are there any apps I cant download or anything i cant do with snow leopard that i can do with mountain lion
- Asked by Efrain V from Federal Way
- Nov 8, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (What the difference between Snow leopard and Mountain Lion?)
What version of Java is compatible with Snow Leopard
- Asked by Lori W from Calgary
- Mar 10, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (What version of Java is compatible with Snow Leopard)
Macbook Mountain Lion compatible?
I purchased an Ipad 4, and I need to sync it to my Itunes; however, I am currently running on version 10.5.8. I purchased the latest Snow Leopard and am currently waiting for it to arrive in the mail; however, I want to know if my computer would be compatible with Mountain Lion. Unfortunately, I do not know if it is early or late 2008 model. Please help me. The following information is about my computer is:
Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook4,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 800 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MB41.00C1.B00
SMC Version (system): 1.31f1
Serial Number (system): W88212970P5
- Asked by Constance M from Arlington Heights
- Dec 29, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Macbook Mountain Lion compatible?)
Mac Pro Mountain Lion compatible?
Can I upgrade my Mac Pro (OS=Snow Leopard 10.6.8) to Mountain Lion?
I don't see anywhere in the About This Mac that would indicate approximate year of construction to illustrate the "early vs. Late" year of construction the "How To Upgrade" web page advisory indicates (i.e. Mac Pro (Early 2008 or newer))
Here's the basic data from the About This Mac
Model Name: Mac Pro
Model Identifier: MacPro1,1
Processor Name: Dual-Core Intel Xeon
Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Number Of Processors: 2
Total Number Of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB
Memory: 5 GB
Bus Speed: 1.33 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MP11.005C.B08
SMC Version (system): 1.7f10
Serial Number (system): G87303C7UQ2
Hardware UUID: 00000000-0000-1000-8000-0017F20C3B64
- Asked by Jae A from Palo Alto
- Dec 17, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Mac Pro Mountain Lion compatible?)
I have an iMac desk top version OS X10.6.8 I want to upgrade to the latest version there is. Do I need mountain lion or snow leopard.
I am running 10.5.8 and want to upgrade to Mountain Lion. Do I need to purchase snow leopard, Lion & then Mountain Lion?
- Asked by Darlene F from Hazlet
- Jan 1, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (I am running 10.5.8 and want to upgrade to Mountain Lion. Do I need to purchase snow leopard, Lion & then Mountain Lion?)
Is there a Quickbooks version that will run on Snow Leopard?
I have Mac OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard, but all the versions of the Quickbooks software for Mac I'm finding are only compatible with Lion or Mountain Lion. What can I do about this?
- Asked by Kaleigha M from Newberg
- Jan 15, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a Quickbooks version that will run on Snow Leopard?)
How do I upgrade from Snow Leopard to Yosemite? Or somewhere in between?
I tried to update from Snow Leopard to Yosemite, I keep getting download error. What steps do I need to make so that it upgrades efficiently? I can not find OS X Lion, OS X Mountain Lion, etc upgrades in Apple Store. This is frustrating as I have a program I want to update and it requires OS X higher than Snow Leopard. I have spent entirely too much time on this issue.
- Asked by Tooba D from Portland
- Apr 5, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I upgrade from Snow Leopard to Yosemite? Or somewhere in between?)
I'm currently running 10.7.5 Mountain Lion & need to go back to Snow Leopard or Lion 10.6.8! Will buying the Box Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard work?
If I have leopard installed, can I download mountain lion from a friends computer using my own apple id, and do a clean install on my own computer?
I friend of mine has leopard installed to his laptop. Can he skip the upgrades to snow leopard and lion by downloading mountain lion from my computer using his own apple id to do a clean install on his own laptop?
Why upgrade from leopard to an outdated snow leopard operating system, then to another outdated lion, when he can just do a clean install of mountain lion over his previous leopard?
My thinking was he could download mountain lion thru apple from my computer using his own apple id, then do a clean install of mountain lion over leopard on his own computer.
I have an iMac 10.6.8 and a MacBookPro 10.6.8. Can I purchase 1 upgrade and download on both machines
Do I need to upgrade to a later version Snow Leopard before upgrading to Mountain Lion? Also can the purchase of 1 upgrade be downloaded on 2 machines? Both my iMac and MacBookPro are 10.6.8. Thanks.
- Asked by John M from Dunnellon
- Oct 8, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (I have an iMac 10.6.8 and a MacBookPro 10.6.8. Can I purchase 1 upgrade and download on both machines)