Similar questions from the community
i am using old macbook os x10.5.6 i need to upgrade this. what software should i buy? please help.
My mac os x version 10.5.8 , when i update it it says is up to date. I want to download a new itunes 11.1.
what should i do???
- Asked by Gerry A from Sta Rosa, Laguna
- Oct 9, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (i am using old macbook os x10.5.6 i need to upgrade this. what software should i buy? please help.)
Can this disc be used to recover my early 2011 macbook pro? The hard os broke from upgrading El Capitan and I have lost the startup disc. Please help!
- Asked by Amy C from Saranac Lake
- May 5, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this disc be used to recover my early 2011 macbook pro? The hard os broke from upgrading El Capitan and I have lost the startup disc. Please help!)
I am currently using 10.5.8- nothing works as it states I'm using old software and need to upgrade. Will buying 10.6 allow for all updates to work?
Previously things like firefox and chrome worked, but now they're not. I assumed that clicking on Software Update would have updated prior, however, from googling this it appears that I need 10.6 to allow an app to then upgrade. As it is now 2017- will buying this DVD to update the software still work?
how to upgrade from os x lion
I have a early 2008 mac book that operates on osx lion 10.7 5 and i need to update. what do I need to do to get the current softwear .. help please
- Asked by Anna B from North St Paul
- Apr 26, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (how to upgrade from os x lion)
Would upgrading my OS help my computer as a game machine?
There are quite a few games that I want to purchase for my MacBook Pro, but I've run into some troubling issues.
Just about every single game I've demoed on my computer can't run well. My Macbook Pro is an Intel Core 2 Duo running at 2.2 Ghz with 2GB of RAM on top of a GeForce 8600 GPU (OS is at 10.4.11), which, in layman's terms, means I have a computer that greatly exceeds the recommended requirements of just about every game that I want. However, no matter what, I can't get the games to run well. Even if I tone down the graphics to the absolute minimum, they run horribly.
So I figured that maybe my OS needs upgrading, but I should probably double check since spending more than $100 for a fix that might not work is pretty demanding. Will upgrading my OS help? Or is it a different problem altogether? I get Mac game demos from MacGameFiles.com, so maybe the demos are just buggy?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
- Asked by Ian K
- Apr 4, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Would upgrading my OS help my computer as a game machine?)
I have a black Macbook. It currently has Ubuntu installed on it and does not have OS X. If I buy Snow Leopard will I be able to reinstall OS X?
Need to know if I buy Snow Leopard if I will be able to get it installed on a computer that no longer has OS X. Is this just an upgrade or can it be used to reinstall the entire OS?
can my 2005 macbook upgrade to lion?
I upgraded to Snow Leopard 10.6.8 now my mail doesn't work do I need to go to Lion 10.7? But I am afraid my macbook is too old to run it.. 2005 with no upgrades
- Asked by Sherry H from Sarasota
- Oct 19, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can my 2005 macbook upgrade to lion?)
Two questions about upgrading software...
I currently have Tiger 10.4.11 on my Mac Mini, my father just upgraded his mac's software from Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion and I was trying to find out if I can use his software (Snow Leopard) on my Mac since he is no longer using it? Also, can I upgrade straight from Tiger 10.4.11 to Snow Leopard 10.6? Or do I need to purchase the software that goes in between those two operating systems? Thank You
- Asked by Rachael O from Windsor
- Jan 2, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Two questions about upgrading software...)
Can I buy the 10.6 Family pack and use it to upgrade one macbook running 10.5 and one macbook pro running 10.4?
I have a old fairly broken down Macbook Pro that was a seriously early revision, like 13 weeks out of the factory. It is running the latest version of Tiger (10.4.11? I can't remember). I also have a newer Macbook running 10.5.8.
My plan is to use the old MBP with a external harddrive hooked up to a tv to play my movies. I'm fairly stubborn and want to do this using dvdpedia and frontrow but the plugin will not work under 10.4, only 10.5 or 10.6.
So I was wondering if I could purchase the Snow Leopard family pack and upgrade BOTH my computers? I know in the description it says to upgrade from Tiger I need the box set edition but I do not need any of the iApps, in fact I would delete them straight away so no way am I paying $NZ349 for it. This is probably more than the computer is worth seeing as the airport card, battery and dvd drive do not work.
Sorry if this is overly complicated but I am a student and I don't want to commit my money if there is no hope of achieving what I want! If anyone has some answers or clarification for me that would be amazing :)
- Asked by Frances R from Dunedin
- Feb 7, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I buy the 10.6 Family pack and use it to upgrade one macbook running 10.5 and one macbook pro running 10.4?)
i am about to buy a mac os x 10.6 snow leopard do i have to reinstall all my old softwares in order to upgrade my 10.5.8?
i am about to buy a mac os x 10.6 snow leopard do i have to reinstall all my old softwares in order to upgrade my mac os x 10.5.8?
- Asked by Arman M from North Vancouver
- Dec 10, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (i am about to buy a mac os x 10.6 snow leopard do i have to reinstall all my old softwares in order to upgrade my 10.5.8?)
I have a macbook with OSX 10.4.11 I don't use I life or iwork, can I just get the snow leopard upgrade or do I need to buy the box set?
I really have no use for the extra software, so I didnt know if I could get away with just buying snow leopard
- Asked by Rachael B from Waterford
- Nov 27, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a macbook with OSX 10.4.11 I don't use I life or iwork, can I just get the snow leopard upgrade or do I need to buy the box set?)
If I buy this Mac OS, is this applicable if I using MacBook Pro software 10.5.8?
- Asked by Joshan D from Marikina
- Mar 14, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (If I buy this Mac OS, is this applicable if I using MacBook Pro software 10.5.8?)
I haven't upgraded since OS 10.4.11. I have a 2.3 GHz PowerPC G5. I need to upgrade all my software and need to know what the best OS option is.
My mac is 3 years old and until recently has been running fine. Finding that I need to upgrade my Adobe software and have added new peripherals: desktop printer, scanner, external hard drive, card reader..., with lots of problems following. Thought if I updated OS then software I might resolve many of the problems I'm seeing.
If I buy the 10.6 family pack, will it work on two Macbooks in the same family but under seperate roofs?
I am looking to upgrade to OS X 10.6, but the other macbook that I wish to update to 10.6 is in Brisbane, whereas I am in Sydney. Will the software allow both Macbooks to upgrade?
- Asked by Greg D from Sydney
- Aug 6, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (If I buy the 10.6 family pack, will it work on two Macbooks in the same family but under seperate roofs?)
An old dummy, new to Mac, but willing to learn. Do I need the
Do I need the "Time Capsule" to get this contraption do automatic back-ups, or will the "Time Machine" do the same job? I'm on my second week using this new wonder (iMac)... I don't even know how to set-up the"Time Machine"! Thanks for your help.
Pete (The Oldfella)
- Asked by Peter L from Tullahoma
- Feb 27, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (An old dummy, new to Mac, but willing to learn. Do I need the)
I have OS X 10.6.6 but need 10.8.8 or higher for software I want to run. How best to upgrade?
Mac used to run Adobe Lightroom 2, but to tie in with installation of new hard drive, I now want to install Lightroom 4. Thanks.
- Asked by Lisa L from Eaglemont
- Mar 10, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (I have OS X 10.6.6 but need 10.8.8 or higher for software I want to run. How best to upgrade?)
I have 2001 powerbook g4 15 inch screen and it still has the old os on it so if I buy this mac os x 10.6 snow leopard, will i have the new os?
what im trying to say is i have the old os that the laptop came with, and if i dowload this mac os x 10.6 snow leopard, will it automatically have the new one or will i need to buy more stuff to upgrade the os?
Upgrade to Mavericks? Currently using OS X 10.5.8?
I'm new to Mac and recently purchased a refurbished Mac Mini. I'm not sure what version it is but it currently has Mac OS X 10.5.8 installed on it. I understand that to upgrade this to Mavericks, I will need at least Mac OS X 10.6? I'm not sure if this will work or what to do or what is the best way to fully utilise my new computer. Any help will be extremely grateful.
- Asked by Danielle M
- Aug 5, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Upgrade to Mavericks? Currently using OS X 10.5.8?)