Similar questions from the community
is the external super drive compatible with all iMAC
I have a MAC without dvd drive and need one. Is the external superdrive compatible?
- Asked by Rosemary B from Trinity Beach
- Aug 2, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (is the external super drive compatible with all iMAC)
Can I use it on a 2015 mac
Apple usb superdrive
- Asked by James W from Lawrenceville
- Sep 24, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use it on a 2015 mac)
how do I hook up SuperDrive to iMac
Just got the new 27 inch iMac and purchased SuperDrive. Nothing happens when I plug in USB to Mac. What am I doing wrong?
- Asked by Mary B from Akron
- Jul 27, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (how do I hook up SuperDrive to iMac)
can I copy a dvd to my Mac mini hard drive
- Asked by Mark W
- Aug 30, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (can I copy a dvd to my Mac mini hard drive)
No answers yet
Do i need a SuperDrive or can i use any disc reader for my new iMac (without an in-built disk reader) to access data on my DVD's/CD's?
Is it safe to have the SuperDrive under a 2014 Mac Pro desktop?
It'd be nice on my desk to have the Super Drive with my Late 2014 Mac Pro (cylinder tower) sitting on top of it as A) It looks good and B) it saves room considering the Super Drive has such a short cable (I know I could use an extension but then my desk is messier and the drive is further from the computer.
I just worry if the Super Drive has had any weight tests done on it. It's a good build with the nice metal case.
- Asked by Daniel W
- Jun 9, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it safe to have the SuperDrive under a 2014 Mac Pro desktop?)
2009 iMac and USB superdrive?
The internal superdrive in my 24-inch, Early 2009 iMac w/2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor has stopped working reliably (and most times, has stopped working at all). Was hoping that adding this external USB superdrive would keep my system limping along, however looking at the system requirements seems to have dashed my dreams of being able to continue to use my iMac in the manner for which it was purchased. Would like to know if I am out of luck here, or is there an alternative?
- Asked by Joseph W from Lynn
- Nov 24, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (2009 iMac and USB superdrive?)
Can USB Superdrive be used on a imac with an internal disc player?
My 27" Mac has an internal disc driver - but when inserting discs "disc not supported" is shown. Apple say driver is most probably broken. Rather than taking mac back to store can I just use the USB Superdrive?
- Asked by Rob S
- Jul 27, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can USB Superdrive be used on a imac with an internal disc player?)
Can I download DVDs from SuperDrive to iTunes on my MacBook Pro with retina
Hi , on my old laptop I could insert a DVD into my reader/writer drive and import DVDs to my iTunes , so when I bought my new MacBook Pro , and went into iTunes I was surprised to see only the tunes I had purchased from the store , not the ones I imported from my own cd collection . So basically my question is if I buy the SuperDrive can I import my CDs to my iTunes account as I have a lot of CDs and I'm not purchasing again from iTunes , when I have the physical cd here , I will buy songs from iTunes I don't already own , but I want to know if I can add them to my iTunes account on my MacBook , not listen to them through the SuperDrive , I know I can do that , but can I import them permanently onto my MacBook , many thanks for replies in advance , john , new to all things apple lol
- Asked by John D
- Oct 14, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I download DVDs from SuperDrive to iTunes on my MacBook Pro with retina)
can apple superdrive be used to import CD to itunes on iMac 2017
- Asked by William D from Cambridge
- Jun 5, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (can apple superdrive be used to import CD to itunes on iMac 2017)
Can the USB SuperDrive connect to an iPad air 2?
I want to play DVDs on my iPad air 2. So does this one play them, if not what does?
- Asked by Kiara B from Lake Cathie
- Jan 22, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the USB SuperDrive connect to an iPad air 2?)
Want to create a wireless network, therefore, I would like to somehow plug the superdrive to a usb hub that can be reached wirelessly. Can it be done?
My thing is to create a wireless network where I can plug all the devices such as printer, superdrive, external hard drive to a hub that can be accessed wirelessly....so far I know that my printer can be thru the Airport express, however, I dont know if it can be done with the superdrive and the ext Hard drive. It would be so cool and super easy if this can be done so I can just roam around my house with my Macbook air, sit and work on my mac mini and just lets say play a movie thru mirroring on apple TV by wirelessly using the superdrive instead of having to plug it to the macs...am I too far advenced for this technology or is this just wishful thinking....???
- Asked by Michelle F from Chicago
- Aug 14, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Want to create a wireless network, therefore, I would like to somehow plug the superdrive to a usb hub that can be reached wirelessly. Can it be done?)
Does USB SuperDrive work seamlessly with iDVD?
I have the original mac mini with standard drive. Will the USB SuperDrive allow me to burn iDVD projects to DVD's?
- Asked by Brendan O
- Sep 18, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does USB SuperDrive work seamlessly with iDVD?)
Does the Apple USB SuperDrive work with an original (2010) MacBook?
- Asked by Richard D from Langhorne
- Sep 15, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Apple USB SuperDrive work with an original (2010) MacBook?)