Similar questions from the community
Burning DVD's & CD's on Macbook Pro Retina
I am about to purchase a macbook pro and am wondering about creating CD's and DVD's. I know that I need an external superdrive with the retina display. Is this all I need to be able to create and burn a DVD or a CD as I will have to do this as part of my job.
- Asked by Renee W from Ormeau Hills
- Aug 18, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Burning DVD's & CD's on Macbook Pro Retina)
Can I download DVDs from SuperDrive to iTunes on my MacBook Pro with retina
Hi , on my old laptop I could insert a DVD into my reader/writer drive and import DVDs to my iTunes , so when I bought my new MacBook Pro , and went into iTunes I was surprised to see only the tunes I had purchased from the store , not the ones I imported from my own cd collection . So basically my question is if I buy the SuperDrive can I import my CDs to my iTunes account as I have a lot of CDs and I'm not purchasing again from iTunes , when I have the physical cd here , I will buy songs from iTunes I don't already own , but I want to know if I can add them to my iTunes account on my MacBook , not listen to them through the SuperDrive , I know I can do that , but can I import them permanently onto my MacBook , many thanks for replies in advance , john , new to all things apple lol
- Asked by John D
- Oct 14, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I download DVDs from SuperDrive to iTunes on my MacBook Pro with retina)
If I buy a superDrive in the USA will it play my UK DVD's?
- Asked by Paul S from Llandrindod Wells
- Jul 19, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (If I buy a superDrive in the USA will it play my UK DVD's?)
Does the usb superdrive dvd and cd connect to my apple tv
Im thinking of buying the apple tv, could i put the usb superdive into my apple tv so i can watch dvds????
- Asked by Emma Ffion A
- Aug 29, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the usb superdrive dvd and cd connect to my apple tv)
will the superdrive work with windows on Macbook pro 13' with Retina
- Asked by Stephen Y from Ipswich
- Oct 28, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (will the superdrive work with windows on Macbook pro 13' with Retina)
Can I play a game like the sims cd rom on my macbook air using the superdrive?
- Asked by Marcel L from Pittsburgh
- Jul 7, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I play a game like the sims cd rom on my macbook air using the superdrive?)
How can I use the superdrive to backup my Macbook Air?
- Asked by Anonymous A
- Sep 20, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I use the superdrive to backup my Macbook Air?)
Can the USB SuperDrive connect to an iPad air 2?
I want to play DVDs on my iPad air 2. So does this one play them, if not what does?
- Asked by Kiara B from Lake Cathie
- Jan 22, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the USB SuperDrive connect to an iPad air 2?)
can it read/play NTSC formatted DVDs
I'm considering ordering a DVD from the USA only available in NTSC format. They suggest I verify that my DVD player can read/play NTSC formatted DVDs prior to ordering. I have a USB SuperDrive. Thanks
- Asked by Helena L from London
- Apr 21, 2019
- Flag as inappropriate (can it read/play NTSC formatted DVDs)
With a USB Superdrive can it play a 4k DVD disk
- Asked by Mark B from Warner
- Dec 22, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (With a USB Superdrive can it play a 4k DVD disk)
No answers yet
Will my old MacBook Air SuperDrive MB397G/A work on the new MBP retina displays?
Apologies but I'm finding conflicting answers online to this... I'm upgrading to a new retina 15" from my old air that died a few months ago, went to buy and noticed the MBP with optical drive has been ended so going the retina route but do I have to buy another SuperDrive or will the model above work still? Many thanks...
- Asked by Neil W
- Nov 28, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will my old MacBook Air SuperDrive MB397G/A work on the new MBP retina displays?)
Can you have more than one Apple USB SuperDrive in operation at the same time on a Macbook 15" Retina?
I have a late 2013 Macbook Retina 15" 2.3 GHz i7 and was wondering about purchasing two Apple USB SuperDrives, i.e. one for each USB port. I have a number of DVDs I want to add to my hand-coded media entertainment app and running two drives simultaneously would make the import process much quicker.
My assumption would be that you can, but any info from others would be much appreciated.
will this product allow me to download my lexicon alpha audio interface plugins from my disk on MacBook pro with retina 15".
I recently purchased a MacBook pro with retina display 15" and a bunch of recording equipment to record my music. Then when i tried setting up my lexicon alpha audio interface it required me to insert a disk to get the plugins for it to work on logic pro x. To which then i found this Mac that it doesn't have a disk drive (my bad for not doing my research i know :( ) so i guess what I'm asking will this apple usb superdrive allow me to download the plugins required recognise my audio interface on logic ?
Apple Superdrive question With Parallels Desktop 8
I am planning on getting one of the new iMac's early next year.
Now, the new iMac's do not have an optical drive (like the Macbook Air, Macbook Pro Retina Display). I'm planning on getting the Apple Superdrive and also I'm going to be purchasing Windows 7 and Parallels Desktop 8 to install on my iMac.
I know it isn't possible to try it with the new iMac's yet, but I was wondering if anyone has tried or knows if its possible to use the Apple Superdrive with the Macbook Air Macbook Pro Retina Display when running Windows 7 through Parallels Desktop 8, basically does the Apple Superdrive show up in Windows 7 and are you able to read, burn CD's, DVD's in Windows 7 with the Apple Superdrive?
Thanks in advance.
- Asked by David T
- Nov 11, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Apple Superdrive question With Parallels Desktop 8)