Similar questions from the community
do you just plug direct into your tv from your ipad
i am just about to buy the AV adapator to plug my Ipad retina into my HD TV is that all i need to show movies etc
- Asked by Roger S
- Dec 10, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (do you just plug direct into your tv from your ipad)
After pluging it up to the Ipad mini and TV, is there a setting on the iPad to switch over
Using the iPad mini and the TV to watch, is there a setting I need to switch over to make it work, or just by plugging it in, it will show.
- Asked by Keith C from Hagerstown
- Mar 5, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (After pluging it up to the Ipad mini and TV, is there a setting on the iPad to switch over)
I see the HDMI plug but what is that second plug for?
On the pictures of this Lightning to HDMI adapter there looks like to plugs, 1 for the HDMI, what is the other one for?
- Asked by Robert R from Menifee
- Oct 23, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (I see the HDMI plug but what is that second plug for?)
Compatibility with TV, iPad, Smart turbo trainer and Zwift set up?
Will this work:
1. Plug this into my iPad;
2. Plug wahoo ant+ dongle into thirty pin lightening connector/adapter;
3. Plug the 30 pin lightening adapter into the hdmi adapter lightening port;
4. Plug an hdmi cable into the hdmi adapter and a TV; and
5. Run the Zwift app on my iPad/usemysmart turbo trainer?
- Asked by John S
- Jan 22, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Compatibility with TV, iPad, Smart turbo trainer and Zwift set up?)
I have a DJI Mavic pro. Will the HDMI / lightning adapter support video in and out to a FPV head set and from the controller at the same time?
I want to plug this into my iPad as a view screen and run video out at the same time to a head set. Does the lightning port do more then just charge the iPad or will it take input and give the ut put at the same time.
- Asked by Sean P from Bakersfield
- Jul 1, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a DJI Mavic pro. Will the HDMI / lightning adapter support video in and out to a FPV head set and from the controller at the same time?)
when using this cable with an iPad, does the iPad's screen itself still display video? or only the external display?
I'm designing a car stereo system that is going to use an iPad as the head unit (deck). I need to get a digital audio signal (toslink) out of the iPad so I can connect it to a DSP with toslink in. From there, it will be like any other car stereo; Analog audio out of the DSP (just as it would come out of a traditional car stereo head unit) and into amps, then speakers/subs. By going this route, I can use the vastly superior DA converter in the DSP as opposed to the iPad's onboard DA converter.
Unfortunately Apple does not provide us with a lightning to toslink adapter; surprise, surprise! However If I were to get a Lightning Digital AV Adapter, and a device like this (Fosmon HDMI Audio Extractor Converter Box [HDMI to HDMI+Audio] - Supports Toslink (SPDIF), RCA L/R Audio) Then conceivably I could extract the Digital audio that way. However, I will only need the audio from the HDMI signal, regardless if there is any video data or not (listening to an MP3 as opposed to watching an MKV) So for this plan to work, the iPad's own screen would need to remain active (on, with video displayed) even when the apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter is plugged into the iPad. Thanks.
Also, will using the apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter just transfer the sound from music/video's being watched, or would it transmit all system sounds, like for instance the key stroke sounds from typing, alert sounds from notifications, etc?
- Asked by Matthew G from Sacramento
- Jun 21, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (when using this cable with an iPad, does the iPad's screen itself still display video? or only the external display?)
Is there a way to charge my iPhone with this plugged in?
- Asked by Andrew D from Saugus
- Oct 24, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a way to charge my iPhone with this plugged in?)
Will this work with the app TV Catchup?
I have an app called TV Catchup on my iPhone 5, would I be able to watch this using the lead on my TV in my bedroom?
- Asked by Dean W
- Sep 13, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with the app TV Catchup?)
No answers yet
Can you use Pages when connecting an iPad Air2 to a monitor via lightning/HDMI adapter?
I'm looking to scale down my 15" MBP Retina to an iPad Air2. I'm traveling more and more for work, so space/weight remaining at a premium, particularly when crossing the Atlantic. My major concern is whether I'll have the ability to connect to a larger screen via Airplay or via the lightning/HDMI adapter to a larger screen for writing with Pages, Keynote, and more. I don't see an issue for presenting per se, but it would be wonderful if I could find a way to plug into a nice 22"+ monitor in a hotel room or in my home office. Is this possible? Am I condemned to just slightly reducing my travel tech with either a 13" MBP or MBA?
- Asked by Charles G from Boca Raton
- Oct 19, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use Pages when connecting an iPad Air2 to a monitor via lightning/HDMI adapter?)
Can I use this cable together with a HDMI-to-DVI adapter?
My projector has DVI but no HDMI. I would like to use the lightning-to-HDMI cable, connect it to a HDMI-to-dvi adaptor plug and then hook it up to the dvi port on my projector (or computer monitor). Will that work?
- Asked by R.c. S
- Jun 11, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this cable together with a HDMI-to-DVI adapter?)
Does the headphone jack still work with this adapter plugged in also?
- Asked by Claude C from Bridgeport
- Jan 21, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the headphone jack still work with this adapter plugged in also?)
Will this crazy setup work?
I've planned quite the complicated setup for the iPad Mini in my car for video and audio. First, I plug the Lightning to HDMI Adapter into the iPad.
From the HDMI branch of the adapter:
A1. HDMI cable
A2. HDMI to composite converter (ViewHD)
A3. Composite cable
I'll be using these for video output only – not sound. I'm assuming the display mirroring will work; however, I'm concerned about interfacing the different resolutions of the iPad Mini and the car head unit. Also, would it be a better idea to go with VGA stuff instead of HDMI?
From the Lightning branch of the adapter:
B1. Lightning to 30-pin adapter, 0.2 m
B2. 30-pin car-integrated iPod cable
I'm looking to get audio, charge, and music control from this branch. I get all three currently from just the 30-pin car-integrated iPod cable; I wonder if any of the functions will be lost along the way.
Please let me know if this will all work!
- Asked by Alexander K from Rockville Centre
- May 11, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this crazy setup work?)
No answers yet
I have an apple i6 plus - Where can I get the adapter that plugs into both the ports on a 2014 Honda Civic?
Need help with iphone 6+ and Honda Link
- Asked by Josh S from Oakland Park
- Nov 1, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (I have an apple i6 plus - Where can I get the adapter that plugs into both the ports on a 2014 Honda Civic?)
Can I plug the lightning to USB cable into the appropriate slot on this connector without an HDMI cable and run it to my Kenwood stereo for video out?
- Asked by Caroline S from Chandler
- Nov 9, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I plug the lightning to USB cable into the appropriate slot on this connector without an HDMI cable and run it to my Kenwood stereo for video out?)