Similar questions from the community
My Acura mdx 2015 has hdmi. Will this cable work to use my iPad mini to display movies? What about the sound? Thanks.
- Asked by Aleksandr L from Portland
- Apr 25, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (My Acura mdx 2015 has hdmi. Will this cable work to use my iPad mini to display movies? What about the sound? Thanks.)
HDMI Cables for iPad Minis
To connect my iPad Mini to the Television to watch downloaded movies
- Asked by Lavinia I
- Dec 23, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (HDMI Cables for iPad Minis)
No answers yet
when using this cable with an iPad, does the iPad's screen itself still display video? or only the external display?
I'm designing a car stereo system that is going to use an iPad as the head unit (deck). I need to get a digital audio signal (toslink) out of the iPad so I can connect it to a DSP with toslink in. From there, it will be like any other car stereo; Analog audio out of the DSP (just as it would come out of a traditional car stereo head unit) and into amps, then speakers/subs. By going this route, I can use the vastly superior DA converter in the DSP as opposed to the iPad's onboard DA converter.
Unfortunately Apple does not provide us with a lightning to toslink adapter; surprise, surprise! However If I were to get a Lightning Digital AV Adapter, and a device like this (Fosmon HDMI Audio Extractor Converter Box [HDMI to HDMI+Audio] - Supports Toslink (SPDIF), RCA L/R Audio) Then conceivably I could extract the Digital audio that way. However, I will only need the audio from the HDMI signal, regardless if there is any video data or not (listening to an MP3 as opposed to watching an MKV) So for this plan to work, the iPad's own screen would need to remain active (on, with video displayed) even when the apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter is plugged into the iPad. Thanks.
Also, will using the apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter just transfer the sound from music/video's being watched, or would it transmit all system sounds, like for instance the key stroke sounds from typing, alert sounds from notifications, etc?
- Asked by Matthew G from Sacramento
- Jun 21, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (when using this cable with an iPad, does the iPad's screen itself still display video? or only the external display?)
What color format does it output through HDMI?
I already have this adapter and it could display my iPad mini 2 screen on an HDMI monitor.
However, when I tried to hook it up with Blackmagic UltraStudio mini recorder, the mini recorder didn't get any video.
It looks to me that the mini recorder only supports YUV color format.
Someone in BlackMagic's forum told me that this adapter may output only in RGB format.
(I don't use any copy-protected video)
So, can someone please confirm what color format it outputs through its HDMI port?
- Asked by Jongam P from Emeryville
- Sep 15, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (What color format does it output through HDMI?)
No answers yet
iPhone 5 / iPad Retina Display lightning cable , av tv cable hdmi
Hello , i was wonder before i buy an av cable for my iPhone 5 and iPad retina display with lighting connector , will the cable display what i see on my iPad/iPhone5 " Will i see my home screen"?
- Asked by Ryan M
- Dec 26, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (iPhone 5 / iPad Retina Display lightning cable , av tv cable hdmi)
Will this crazy setup work?
I've planned quite the complicated setup for the iPad Mini in my car for video and audio. First, I plug the Lightning to HDMI Adapter into the iPad.
From the HDMI branch of the adapter:
A1. HDMI cable
A2. HDMI to composite converter (ViewHD)
A3. Composite cable
I'll be using these for video output only – not sound. I'm assuming the display mirroring will work; however, I'm concerned about interfacing the different resolutions of the iPad Mini and the car head unit. Also, would it be a better idea to go with VGA stuff instead of HDMI?
From the Lightning branch of the adapter:
B1. Lightning to 30-pin adapter, 0.2 m
B2. 30-pin car-integrated iPod cable
I'm looking to get audio, charge, and music control from this branch. I get all three currently from just the 30-pin car-integrated iPod cable; I wonder if any of the functions will be lost along the way.
Please let me know if this will all work!
- Asked by Alexander K from Rockville Centre
- May 11, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this crazy setup work?)
No answers yet
Can I hook to a projector and watch iTunes movie rentals with this?
I want to connect my first generation iPad mini to a portable projector and watch standard definition iTunes rental movies offline. I know that using a vga cord will not work but does this adaptor meet the hdcp requirements or will I get the same error message? Thanks!
- Asked by Katie A from Rochester
- Jul 12, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I hook to a projector and watch iTunes movie rentals with this?)
Can I watch Hulu or netflix on iPhone 5 with Hdmi cable?
I have a new iPad and an iPhone 5. With an hdmi cable to a compatible tv, can I watch movies from Netflix or other sources, or is it only compatible with iTunes?
- Asked by Peter O from Seattle
- Mar 2, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I watch Hulu or netflix on iPhone 5 with Hdmi cable?)
No answers yet
Will the speaker on my ipad work when the HDMI is connected to a monitor?
My AV receiver is out for service and I connected my ipad to my large plasma monitor using the lightening to HDMI adapter. Streaming video works but no sound from the ipad so we can't watch Netflix. Is there a way to get the sound from the ipad?
- Asked by Gail G from San Rafael
- Aug 25, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the speaker on my ipad work when the HDMI is connected to a monitor?)
Can u stream movie from your iPad from your movie
If you log on to your iPad will it let you play the film from your iPad because I have the movie skyfull and I can't play it though my charging cable
- Asked by Zeb B
- Feb 23, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can u stream movie from your iPad from your movie)
GoToMeeting broke AirPlay when I was trying to display a meeting via my iPad at a club meeting. Will GoToMeeting work with this adapter?
GoToMeeting broke AirPlay when I was trying to wirelessly display a meeting via my iPad and an Apple TV at a club meeting. I know that some apps will break AirPlay, but this cable is so expensive that I was wondering whether GoToMeeting will definitely work with this HDMI adapter?
- Asked by Jonetta M from Pembroke Pines
- Nov 27, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (GoToMeeting broke AirPlay when I was trying to display a meeting via my iPad at a club meeting. Will GoToMeeting work with this adapter?)
Connect iPad Mini to DSLR?
With the Lightning Digital AV adapter and an HDMI cable, is it possible to connect an iPad mini to a DSLR and use the iPad to see what is in the camera viewfinder or LCD screen?
I don't want to be able to control the camera, just see the viewfinder/LCD screen.
I assume an app would also be needed on the iPad.
- Asked by Alex J from Balaclava
- Nov 12, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Connect iPad Mini to DSLR?)
Can I use the Lightning Digital AV Adapter with HDMI cable to connect a Mac mini with iPad mini, and use the Mac as monitor?
- Asked by Maria Antonietta D from Acaya Di Vernole
- Sep 6, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the Lightning Digital AV Adapter with HDMI cable to connect a Mac mini with iPad mini, and use the Mac as monitor?)
Can this be used with a rear projection TV from my ipad 3? what additional hook up cables do I need?
I would like to watch Netflex movies on my TV. I subscribe to it on my ipad. I have an HDMI rear projection TV (68 Inch).
- Asked by Joe M from Charlestown
- Sep 3, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used with a rear projection TV from my ipad 3? what additional hook up cables do I need?)
Can I use this cable together with a HDMI-to-DVI adapter?
My projector has DVI but no HDMI. I would like to use the lightning-to-HDMI cable, connect it to a HDMI-to-dvi adaptor plug and then hook it up to the dvi port on my projector (or computer monitor). Will that work?
- Asked by R.c. S
- Jun 11, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this cable together with a HDMI-to-DVI adapter?)
The overview states that the adapter "will display in up to 720p on your HDMI-equipment". Then it goes on to say the adapter also displays in 1080p??
"Use the Lightning Digital AV Adapter to mirror whatever’s on your iPad with Retina display, iPad mini, iPhone 5, and iPod touch (5th generation) with Lightning connector — apps, presentations, websites, slideshows, and more — on your HDMI-equipped TV, display, projector, or other compatible display in up to 720p HD. Video mirroring is supported on all compatible devices.
Watch video on the big screen in up to 1080p by connecting your device with Lightning connector to a television, projector, or other HDMI-compatible display. Video out supports up to 1080p for iPad mini, iPad with Retina display, iPhone 5, and iPod touch (5th generation)."
- Asked by Kathrynn L from Oakland
- Nov 16, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (The overview states that the adapter "will display in up to 720p on your HDMI-equipment". Then it goes on to say the adapter also displays in 1080p??)