Similar questions from the community
Does this transformer draw a trickle of power when plugged in a live socket but not charging a device
I'm using an Apple USB transformer to plug into UK power. Does the transformer draw power when plugged into a normal power socket even when there is no device connected for charging? It doesn'seem to get warm like many transformers,
- Asked by David F from Broomfield
- Jun 24, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this transformer draw a trickle of power when plugged in a live socket but not charging a device)
can this be plugged to wall socket ?
12W USB POWER ADAPTER
The image shown, does not show the pins, that plug in to the wall socket.
I need to know whether the 12W USB Power Adapter can be plugged direct to the wall socket ?
also whether the input voltage is 100-220V
- Asked by Lbj P
- May 21, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can this be plugged to wall socket ?)
Where can I find the power cable for the 12W Power adapter?
I don't see an extension cable anywhere on the web site.
I have the extremely useful 10W adapter that has a long cable that allows me to use my iPad and have it plugged into the wall socket.
Now I need the same for my iPhone.
(it came with a ridiculous little charging cable, which is okay as long as Apple offers an extension).
But from other users I gather that there's no cable with this 12W adapter.
Please tell me Apple didn't replace the 10W adapter with one that has no available extension.
- Asked by Thomas D from Toronto
- Jul 21, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Where can I find the power cable for the 12W Power adapter?)
Does apple charger draw when plugged in , but not in use
- Asked by Michael F from North Haven
- Dec 27, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Does apple charger draw when plugged in , but not in use)
Can I use the 12W Power Adapter to charge two or more devices at once using a hub?
I would love to hook a USB hub up to my Apple 12W power adapter and charge two or more Apple devices at once. Is this possible? If so, does it have to be a specific hub?
- Asked by Andrew N from Brooklyn
- Jan 1, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the 12W Power Adapter to charge two or more devices at once using a hub?)
What is the difference between this 12W USB Power Adapter and the 5W USB Power Adapter, i.e. speed of charging, plug, durability, compatibility?
I have a iPhone 5s and iPad Mini Gen-1 to charge.
The picture above only shows a power adapter, does it include the 3pin (uk plug) as well. Or do I have to purchase the Apple 5W USB Power Adapter?
In the picture it only shows the big bulk thing does that just make it charge faster or does it include a uk plug (3pin) inside that I cant plug directly in the wall?
european plug for power adapter?
My power adapter has a UK 3pin plug which slots in. Can I get a European plug to slot in when I go abroad?
- Asked by Sue A
- Oct 26, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (european plug for power adapter?)
Does my apple charger use electricity when plugged in but no in use?
I'd like to know if my charger uses electricity when plugging into the wall socket but not plugged into my iPhone, ipad or iPod? Thanks
- Asked by Luanne R
- Mar 23, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Does my apple charger use electricity when plugged in but no in use?)
If I use the plug/cord from an older 10W power adapter with this 12W adapter, will it still charge at 12W? They do fit (same connection).
I want to use the cord from the 10W adapter I had with my iPad 3 with the new 12W adapter I got with my iPad 4. I assume all the electronics that make it 12W are in the main body of the power adapter, not in the small section that slides onto it. The main parts of the adapters are the only parts that say anything about 10W or 12W. I noticed the little slide-on plug sections all say "2.5A 125V" regardless of when they were made, the one from my iPad 1 says the same thing as the one from my iPad 4. So I'm 99% sure I can connect the 12W adapter to an older cable or older plug and it won't make a difference and will still charge at 12W. I just want to have this confirmed.
- Asked by Bruce M from Houston
- Nov 2, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (If I use the plug/cord from an older 10W power adapter with this 12W adapter, will it still charge at 12W? They do fit (same connection).)
Can I buy this with a Europen Plug
I don't want to have the whole travel adapter---just want to buy this power adapter in Australia for use in Europe. Don't need the Australian plug at all
- Asked by Frank H from Highbury
- Jan 24, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I buy this with a Europen Plug)
Does it come with the whole charger? Will it work with a Type I plug from a 5W charger?
I currently have a 5W power adapter that came with my iPad mini (original). Does this 12W adapter come with the actual block (not the bit that plugs into the wall and is removable), or just the removable plug. Also could I put my Type I (Australia, New Zealand, Pacific and Argentina) on this one? I live in New Zealand, but am going to Britain for a few weeks, so need a plug for my iPad. I was originally going to ask if I would be getting just the plug (Type G) and use my existing charger, but now I'm asking, will my existing Type I plug, attach to this 12W charger?
Can I buy this Power adaptor with Type A plug (US) instead of Type G (UK) plug.
I would like to buy the Apple 12W USB Power Adapter with a type A (US) plug instead of the type G (UK) plug from the Singapore Apple Store.
Is this possible?
- Asked by Ekman C
- May 31, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I buy this Power adaptor with Type A plug (US) instead of Type G (UK) plug.)
Can the AC Plug section be used on other power adapters?
I bought a MacBook Air while i was in the United States. The AC Plug section is the standard two pin american version. Is it possible for me purchase this adapter and substitute the ac plug on this (3 Pin UK) to the adapter for my MacBook Air?
- Asked by Glenn M from Belfast
- Aug 16, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the AC Plug section be used on other power adapters?)
Is is just the power brick that is supplied?
Must i purchase the usb cable and plug separately or do they come with the power adaptor?
- Asked by Ipek H
- Sep 16, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Is is just the power brick that is supplied?)
Will a 12 watt power adapter charge the new MacBook?
Can I charge a new MacBook (USB-C) using an Apple 10 or 12 watt power adapter and a USB A to C adapter. The USB-C uses a 29 watt adapter. Am I correct that it will charge but will be slower?
- Asked by Eric M from Accomac
- Oct 11, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Will a 12 watt power adapter charge the new MacBook?)