Similar questions from the community
ive lost the original mains charger for my iphone 5, will the apple 12W USB power adpter work in ireland?, and is it a complete charging unit?
Is it safe to use apple 12W USB Power Adapter on my iPhone 6s?
I have this charger to charge my iPhone 6s im really confused if is it safe to use or i will use my 5W charger? Please advice thank you!
- Asked by Kim M from Jaen
- Sep 17, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it safe to use apple 12W USB Power Adapter on my iPhone 6s?)
12 w usb power adpoter will it work for 220 volt in india
i have purchased apple usb 12w adopter for charging my i pod5 will it work in india
- Asked by Swaraj S
- Aug 9, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (12 w usb power adpoter will it work for 220 volt in india)
Can the 12W USB Power Adapter be used to charge the Apple Pencil? What about the Apple Magic Keyboard?
I only want to take one charger when I travel so I am curious to know whether I can use this charger (which came with the iPad Pro) to charge my iPhone, the Apple Pencil, and the Magic Keyboard. It is very convenient that they all use the lightning cable. But I'm not sure about voltage and compatibility issues with the pencil and keyboard. Thanks!
- Asked by David C from Ames
- Feb 8, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the 12W USB Power Adapter be used to charge the Apple Pencil? What about the Apple Magic Keyboard?)
Can I use the 12 W usb power adapter to charge my iPhone 5
- Asked by Robert L from Bethesda
- Jan 26, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the 12 W usb power adapter to charge my iPhone 5)
can i use apple 12w usb power adapter for iphone 5s
- Asked by Yao Wen L from Brooklyn
- Oct 31, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use apple 12w usb power adapter for iphone 5s)
Will this 12W adapter work for the iPhone 4?
The iPad has a new 12W USB Power adapter and the older 10W is no longer available. I used to charge my iPhone with the 10W adapter but it somehow the adapter has conked (it fell down twice). I just want to know if i purchase the 12W adpater, will it work for my iPhone 4?
- Asked by Amish S
- Oct 25, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this 12W adapter work for the iPhone 4?)
Will 12 w USB for i pad 4 charge an iPhone 3g generation ?
I lost my iPhone 3G charger and I want to know if it is ok to use my iPad 4 12 w USB charger
- Asked by مني س from Suez
- Jul 7, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will 12 w USB for i pad 4 charge an iPhone 3g generation ?)
What is the difference between this 12W USB Power Adapter and the 5W USB Power Adapter, i.e. speed of charging, plug, durability, compatibility?
I have a iPhone 5s and iPad Mini Gen-1 to charge.
I'm using an iPhone 5, and I want to buy an Apple 12W USB Power Adapter for charging. Is it suitable for iPhone 5? Does it shorten the battery life?
iPad Mini come with Apple 12W USB Power Adapter?
If i buy the iPad Mini, the package come with 12W USB Power Adapter or come with 5W? if come with 5W, i will buy the 12W for extera use.
Please Please let me know about this, thank you so much
- Asked by Ka Shing O from Pearsall
- Oct 25, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (iPad Mini come with Apple 12W USB Power Adapter?)
Can I use the 12W Power Adapter to charge two or more devices at once using a hub?
I would love to hook a USB hub up to my Apple 12W power adapter and charge two or more Apple devices at once. Is this possible? If so, does it have to be a specific hub?
- Asked by Andrew N from Brooklyn
- Jan 1, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the 12W Power Adapter to charge two or more devices at once using a hub?)
Where can I find the power cable for the 12W Power adapter?
I don't see an extension cable anywhere on the web site.
I have the extremely useful 10W adapter that has a long cable that allows me to use my iPad and have it plugged into the wall socket.
Now I need the same for my iPhone.
(it came with a ridiculous little charging cable, which is okay as long as Apple offers an extension).
But from other users I gather that there's no cable with this 12W adapter.
Please tell me Apple didn't replace the 10W adapter with one that has no available extension.
- Asked by Thomas D from Toronto
- Jul 21, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Where can I find the power cable for the 12W Power adapter?)
Does it come with the whole charger? Will it work with a Type I plug from a 5W charger?
I currently have a 5W power adapter that came with my iPad mini (original). Does this 12W adapter come with the actual block (not the bit that plugs into the wall and is removable), or just the removable plug. Also could I put my Type I (Australia, New Zealand, Pacific and Argentina) on this one? I live in New Zealand, but am going to Britain for a few weeks, so need a plug for my iPad. I was originally going to ask if I would be getting just the plug (Type G) and use my existing charger, but now I'm asking, will my existing Type I plug, attach to this 12W charger?
If I use the plug/cord from an older 10W power adapter with this 12W adapter, will it still charge at 12W? They do fit (same connection).
I want to use the cord from the 10W adapter I had with my iPad 3 with the new 12W adapter I got with my iPad 4. I assume all the electronics that make it 12W are in the main body of the power adapter, not in the small section that slides onto it. The main parts of the adapters are the only parts that say anything about 10W or 12W. I noticed the little slide-on plug sections all say "2.5A 125V" regardless of when they were made, the one from my iPad 1 says the same thing as the one from my iPad 4. So I'm 99% sure I can connect the 12W adapter to an older cable or older plug and it won't make a difference and will still charge at 12W. I just want to have this confirmed.
- Asked by Bruce M from Houston
- Nov 2, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (If I use the plug/cord from an older 10W power adapter with this 12W adapter, will it still charge at 12W? They do fit (same connection).)