Similar questions from the community
The only adaptor I have for my Ipad 4 is a 2008 ipod charger (I don't know the wattage). Will this 12 w charge my ipad quicker?
Will 12 w USB for i pad 4 charge an iPhone 3g generation ?
I lost my iPhone 3G charger and I want to know if it is ok to use my iPad 4 12 w USB charger
- Asked by مني س from Suez
- Jul 7, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will 12 w USB for i pad 4 charge an iPhone 3g generation ?)
When discussing wattage, does it refer to the cable or the charger plug? Or both?
ie, if I want to charge my iPad faster, I assume a 12 watt charger will be faster than a 5, but if I use a different cable (I need a long cable), will it slow it down? Does the cable itself contain a wattage, or only the charger plug itself? Thanks.
- Asked by Jenifer R from New Town
- Jun 1, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (When discussing wattage, does it refer to the cable or the charger plug? Or both?)
Will this 12W adapter work for the iPhone 4?
The iPad has a new 12W USB Power adapter and the older 10W is no longer available. I used to charge my iPhone with the 10W adapter but it somehow the adapter has conked (it fell down twice). I just want to know if i purchase the 12W adpater, will it work for my iPhone 4?
- Asked by Amish S
- Oct 25, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this 12W adapter work for the iPhone 4?)
What wattage USB Power adaptor is needed for ipod nano first generation
I purchased a 12W USP Power Adapter. Will it work for my first generation iPod Nano?
- Asked by Carol L from Poway
- Dec 7, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (What wattage USB Power adaptor is needed for ipod nano first generation)
How much faster does the 12W wall charger charge versus using the 10W when charging the 128gb 4th generation iPad?
I was wondering how much faster the 12W charger is in charging the iPad 4th generation, 128GB versus using the 10W charger. Is there a significant difference. I have a few 10W and I'm wondering if I should replace them with 12W chargers. Thanks! :)
- Asked by Michel G from Des Plaines
- Feb 23, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (How much faster does the 12W wall charger charge versus using the 10W when charging the 128gb 4th generation iPad?)
Can the 12W USB Power Adapter be used to charge the Apple Pencil? What about the Apple Magic Keyboard?
I only want to take one charger when I travel so I am curious to know whether I can use this charger (which came with the iPad Pro) to charge my iPhone, the Apple Pencil, and the Magic Keyboard. It is very convenient that they all use the lightning cable. But I'm not sure about voltage and compatibility issues with the pencil and keyboard. Thanks!
- Asked by David C from Ames
- Feb 8, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the 12W USB Power Adapter be used to charge the Apple Pencil? What about the Apple Magic Keyboard?)
Will 12w charger ruin my iPad air
- Asked by Elise R from Mildura
- Sep 29, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Will 12w charger ruin my iPad air)
If I use the plug/cord from an older 10W power adapter with this 12W adapter, will it still charge at 12W? They do fit (same connection).
I want to use the cord from the 10W adapter I had with my iPad 3 with the new 12W adapter I got with my iPad 4. I assume all the electronics that make it 12W are in the main body of the power adapter, not in the small section that slides onto it. The main parts of the adapters are the only parts that say anything about 10W or 12W. I noticed the little slide-on plug sections all say "2.5A 125V" regardless of when they were made, the one from my iPad 1 says the same thing as the one from my iPad 4. So I'm 99% sure I can connect the 12W adapter to an older cable or older plug and it won't make a difference and will still charge at 12W. I just want to have this confirmed.
- Asked by Bruce M from Houston
- Nov 2, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (If I use the plug/cord from an older 10W power adapter with this 12W adapter, will it still charge at 12W? They do fit (same connection).)
Where can I find the power cable for the 12W Power adapter?
I don't see an extension cable anywhere on the web site.
I have the extremely useful 10W adapter that has a long cable that allows me to use my iPad and have it plugged into the wall socket.
Now I need the same for my iPhone.
(it came with a ridiculous little charging cable, which is okay as long as Apple offers an extension).
But from other users I gather that there's no cable with this 12W adapter.
Please tell me Apple didn't replace the 10W adapter with one that has no available extension.
- Asked by Thomas D from Toronto
- Jul 21, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Where can I find the power cable for the 12W Power adapter?)
I just got an IPAD MINI 2 for Christmas and it came with a 10w charger can I use the 12w and which cable would I need
- Asked by Barbara D from Winter Park
- Dec 27, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (I just got an IPAD MINI 2 for Christmas and it came with a 10w charger can I use the 12w and which cable would I need)
Can I use the 5W USB adapter to charge the iPad Mini with Retina display?
Since the device comes with the 12W USB powet adapter.
- Asked by László H
- Feb 14, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the 5W USB adapter to charge the iPad Mini with Retina display?)
Does the new mini iPad 4 come with a 12 watt charger
- Asked by Rellia G from Temple
- Sep 20, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the new mini iPad 4 come with a 12 watt charger)
What is the difference between this 12W USB Power Adapter and the 5W USB Power Adapter, i.e. speed of charging, plug, durability, compatibility?
I have a iPhone 5s and iPad Mini Gen-1 to charge.
Does it come with the whole charger? Will it work with a Type I plug from a 5W charger?
I currently have a 5W power adapter that came with my iPad mini (original). Does this 12W adapter come with the actual block (not the bit that plugs into the wall and is removable), or just the removable plug. Also could I put my Type I (Australia, New Zealand, Pacific and Argentina) on this one? I live in New Zealand, but am going to Britain for a few weeks, so need a plug for my iPad. I was originally going to ask if I would be getting just the plug (Type G) and use my existing charger, but now I'm asking, will my existing Type I plug, attach to this 12W charger?