Similar questions from the community
european plug for power adapter?
My power adapter has a UK 3pin plug which slots in. Can I get a European plug to slot in when I go abroad?
- Asked by Sue A
- Oct 26, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (european plug for power adapter?)
I bought my iPad Air in Germany with the european two pin plug. Can I buy only the american power plug to slide onto my adapter?
12w USB power adapter for iPad Air with the 2 pin European plug.
- Asked by Ron N from Round Lake
- Oct 16, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (I bought my iPad Air in Germany with the european two pin plug. Can I buy only the american power plug to slide onto my adapter?)
Can the AC Plug section be used on other power adapters?
I bought a MacBook Air while i was in the United States. The AC Plug section is the standard two pin american version. Is it possible for me purchase this adapter and substitute the ac plug on this (3 Pin UK) to the adapter for my MacBook Air?
- Asked by Glenn M from Belfast
- Aug 16, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the AC Plug section be used on other power adapters?)
Can I buy this Power adaptor with Type A plug (US) instead of Type G (UK) plug.
I would like to buy the Apple 12W USB Power Adapter with a type A (US) plug instead of the type G (UK) plug from the Singapore Apple Store.
Is this possible?
- Asked by Ekman C
- May 31, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I buy this Power adaptor with Type A plug (US) instead of Type G (UK) plug.)
Can I buy this with a Europen Plug
I don't want to have the whole travel adapter---just want to buy this power adapter in Australia for use in Europe. Don't need the Australian plug at all
- Asked by Frank H from Highbury
- Jan 24, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I buy this with a Europen Plug)
can this be plugged to wall socket ?
12W USB POWER ADAPTER
The image shown, does not show the pins, that plug in to the wall socket.
I need to know whether the 12W USB Power Adapter can be plugged direct to the wall socket ?
also whether the input voltage is 100-220V
- Asked by Lbj P
- May 21, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can this be plugged to wall socket ?)
I have an I Phone 6 and a gen 4 I Pad. Will both work with apple's 12 watt usb power adapter and the appropriate country plug adapter?
Going to New Zealand. Would like to use the 12 Watt usb for power supply for both. I wouldn't need a power converter too, would I?
- Asked by Charles W from Newington
- Nov 4, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (I have an I Phone 6 and a gen 4 I Pad. Will both work with apple's 12 watt usb power adapter and the appropriate country plug adapter?)
Is this the adapter needed for all the "World Travel Adapter Kit" plugs?
Purchased the World Travel Adapter Kit, but don't have the "power adapter or AirPort Express" adapter the user guide suggests to connect these. Is this the correct adapter needed for iPad mini/iphone6
- Asked by Lori H from Seaford
- Apr 20, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this the adapter needed for all the "World Travel Adapter Kit" plugs?)
The picture above only shows a power adapter, does it include the 3pin (uk plug) as well. Or do I have to purchase the Apple 5W USB Power Adapter?
In the picture it only shows the big bulk thing does that just make it charge faster or does it include a uk plug (3pin) inside that I cant plug directly in the wall?
Where can I find the power cable for the 12W Power adapter?
I don't see an extension cable anywhere on the web site.
I have the extremely useful 10W adapter that has a long cable that allows me to use my iPad and have it plugged into the wall socket.
Now I need the same for my iPhone.
(it came with a ridiculous little charging cable, which is okay as long as Apple offers an extension).
But from other users I gather that there's no cable with this 12W adapter.
Please tell me Apple didn't replace the 10W adapter with one that has no available extension.
- Asked by Thomas D from Toronto
- Jul 21, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Where can I find the power cable for the 12W Power adapter?)
What is the difference between this 12W USB Power Adapter and the 5W USB Power Adapter, i.e. speed of charging, plug, durability, compatibility?
I have a iPhone 5s and iPad Mini Gen-1 to charge.
If I use the plug/cord from an older 10W power adapter with this 12W adapter, will it still charge at 12W? They do fit (same connection).
I want to use the cord from the 10W adapter I had with my iPad 3 with the new 12W adapter I got with my iPad 4. I assume all the electronics that make it 12W are in the main body of the power adapter, not in the small section that slides onto it. The main parts of the adapters are the only parts that say anything about 10W or 12W. I noticed the little slide-on plug sections all say "2.5A 125V" regardless of when they were made, the one from my iPad 1 says the same thing as the one from my iPad 4. So I'm 99% sure I can connect the 12W adapter to an older cable or older plug and it won't make a difference and will still charge at 12W. I just want to have this confirmed.
- Asked by Bruce M from Houston
- Nov 2, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (If I use the plug/cord from an older 10W power adapter with this 12W adapter, will it still charge at 12W? They do fit (same connection).)
I have an iPad Pro and iPhone 6 when using a plug adapter is just USB cord enough or do I also need the base to convert from 220v to 110v?
I will be traveling to Spain, and the plug adapter I find have just the USB inputs. I just wanted to know if I need a power convert or also then or if the plug is still enough.
- Asked by Ellen M from Brooksville
- Oct 25, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (I have an iPad Pro and iPhone 6 when using a plug adapter is just USB cord enough or do I also need the base to convert from 220v to 110v?)
Does it come with the whole charger? Will it work with a Type I plug from a 5W charger?
I currently have a 5W power adapter that came with my iPad mini (original). Does this 12W adapter come with the actual block (not the bit that plugs into the wall and is removable), or just the removable plug. Also could I put my Type I (Australia, New Zealand, Pacific and Argentina) on this one? I live in New Zealand, but am going to Britain for a few weeks, so need a plug for my iPad. I was originally going to ask if I would be getting just the plug (Type G) and use my existing charger, but now I'm asking, will my existing Type I plug, attach to this 12W charger?
Is is just the power brick that is supplied?
Must i purchase the usb cable and plug separately or do they come with the power adaptor?
- Asked by Ipek H
- Sep 16, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Is is just the power brick that is supplied?)
Can this be powered by a battery backup?
Is it acceptable to power this USB power adapter with a battery backup unit that delivers 120V?
- Asked by Mark H from Levittown
- Sep 22, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be powered by a battery backup?)
Is this a three pin plug adapter for usage in England?
Bought a Ipad2 in America ,but need a3 pin plug charger isthis the adapter i need?
- Asked by Gary H
- Nov 13, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this a three pin plug adapter for usage in England?)
Will a 12 watt power adapter charge the new MacBook?
Can I charge a new MacBook (USB-C) using an Apple 10 or 12 watt power adapter and a USB A to C adapter. The USB-C uses a 29 watt adapter. Am I correct that it will charge but will be slower?
- Asked by Eric M from Accomac
- Oct 11, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Will a 12 watt power adapter charge the new MacBook?)