Similar questions from the community
Does it support DHCP reservation?
DHCP reservation is a feature commonly found on DLINK routers. It means that your router is still assigning the IP addresses dynamically, but you can tell the router to assign certain IP address to certain clients as they join the network. Therefore if you have a shared Network Attached Storage (NAS) and you want to ensure the same IP address every-time it comes up from a reboot, DHCP reservation takes care of this IP "affinity".
I am asking the question because I found this feature to be fairly obscure to the general public, and Router manufacturers rarely tout it as a feature. However, I ended up with a Belkin router that was pretty high-end and did not have DHCP reservation.
- Asked by Alexandru R from Seattle
- Jul 3, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it support DHCP reservation?)
will this device support APFS?
im wondering if the main drive or a external drive connected using APFS format would be able to be supported if this is id really consider getting one due to the fact I only have a 1st gen and even though I upgraded the HDD to a 2TB its still slow id love to have a faster backup so id like to know if it supports APFS
- Asked by Tim F from Atascadero
- Jun 16, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (will this device support APFS?)
Squeezebox Support on Airport?
Does anyone know if an Airport Time Capsule would offer Squeezebox support? I'm considering moving from an all windows environment to an iMac with an Airport time capsule. Ideally I'd like to be able to access a music library from Squeezebox on an airport even with the iMac off. I realize there is Apple TV and the like, but I've got a good investment already in squeezebox devices and controllers I'd like to continue to use. Has anyone tried this before? Sorry, not very technical here so forgive me but from browsing the logitech site it looks like Squeezebox is incapable of connecting to N networks and we would need to change modem settings to B or G. I assume that is done at the wireless router and isn't any worse that what I have now? Any downsides here? Thanks everyone!
- Asked by Darren N from Sterling
- Mar 22, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Squeezebox Support on Airport?)
No answers yet
does this support air play?
- Asked by Ashlyn G from Alexandria
- Jun 10, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (does this support air play?)
Does Airport Extreme support VLAN tagging?
I have Centurylink gigabit internet (Seattle) that requires a router that support VLAN tagging. I want to replace my CL router with an AP Extreme. Does the Airport Extreme support VLAN tagging (VID=201).
- Asked by Mark L from Seattle
- Jan 11, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Does Airport Extreme support VLAN tagging?)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme
Does Time Capsule support AirPlay speakers?
- Asked by Wendy N from Bloomingburg
- Sep 14, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Does Time Capsule support AirPlay speakers?)
No answers yet
Does the Time Capsule support link aggregation?
Is it possible to bond or link two or three of the Ethernet (not WAN) ports into a single link for increased bandwidth and access speed?
- Asked by Jordan H from Edmonton
- Mar 8, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Time Capsule support link aggregation?)
No answers yet
What kind of storage is inside? What RAID options would be supported
Cannot find the number of drives in the technical specifications? Is the drive set up to support mirroring or striping?
- Asked by Michiel L
- Sep 29, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (What kind of storage is inside? What RAID options would be supported)
New TC support multicast ? (not in bridged mode)
I have a TC from 2 years ago and was working wonderfully as a replacement plugged into my OpenReach Fibre Modem.
However I picked up YoviewTV recently and the TC I have does not support Multicast (only in bridge mode), so had to revert to my basic PlusNet provided router, subsequently losing up to 10mb on speed.
Does this new TC support multicast ?
- Asked by Roly A from Thatcham
- Oct 1, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (New TC support multicast ? (not in bridged mode))
how many devices does airport time capsule support
I am planning to buy a 2tb time capsule....We use 13 devices iMac iPhones iPads etc. can it support all our devices and can we stores all our photo and movie files and access them remotely. Can we stream movies from time capsule to tv.
- Asked by Bill O
- Jun 1, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (how many devices does airport time capsule support)
Will the new airport have settings for DDNS survive or support it ?
- Asked by Brian P from Soquel
- Jun 16, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the new airport have settings for DDNS survive or support it ?)
Does time Capsule supports multiple DSL conections?
I have two internet conections, can i set both on the time capsule / airport extreme so it mixes them and distributes to the different users and machines?
- Asked by Roberto R from Estado De Mexico
- Feb 17, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Does time Capsule supports multiple DSL conections?)
The AirPort Time Capsule could be used as backup of the network files for PC´s using Windows XP,Vista, 7 and 8?
Airport support Windows PC´s for Backup and Wireless use?
- Asked by Jorge P from Lehigh Acres
- Sep 20, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (The AirPort Time Capsule could be used as backup of the network files for PC´s using Windows XP,Vista, 7 and 8?)
Can I plug my computer directly into the Time Capsule
This is a bit more detail supporting my question. Blah Blah Blah
- Asked by Tod I from San Jose
- Mar 21, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I plug my computer directly into the Time Capsule)