Similar questions from the community
For anyone who already has the device - can you confirm if 802.11ac run on both 2.4GHz & 5GHz, or is it limited only to the higher 5GHz band?
- Asked by Michael C from Chicago
- Jun 14, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (For anyone who already has the device - can you confirm if 802.11ac run on both 2.4GHz & 5GHz, or is it limited only to the higher 5GHz band?)
Does 2013 Time Capsule support 5Ghz 802.11 'N' or is 5Ghz only for 'AC'?
I currently have no 802.11AC devices, and 2.4ghz is congested in my area.
Can I turn off 'AC' and use 5ghz frequency for 802.11N, so that my 3rd Gen iPad, iPhone 5 etc can connect on 5ghz band?
From what I've read, it looks like 2.4ghz is N and 5Ghz is AC, can this be changed?
- Asked by Isaac I from Pacific Pines
- Aug 13, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Does 2013 Time Capsule support 5Ghz 802.11 'N' or is 5Ghz only for 'AC'?)
what is the difference between IEEE 802.11ac and IEEE 802.11ac2
- Asked by Richard W from Royal Exchange
- Feb 24, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (what is the difference between IEEE 802.11ac and IEEE 802.11ac2)
How do I know if my 2011 purchased iMac will support 802.11 ac wireless?
- Asked by John K from Lincoln
- Jun 10, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I know if my 2011 purchased iMac will support 802.11 ac wireless?)
Are Time Capsules using the latest 802.11ac2 protocol?
Do the latest (in May 2016) Time Capsules use the 802.11ac2 or wave 2 of the ac protocol? Or is it still using wave 1?
- Asked by Jim R from Los Angeles
- May 2, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Are Time Capsules using the latest 802.11ac2 protocol?)
Does early 2013 iMac support 802.11ac wifi?
i bought the new iMac back in April 2013. do they support 802.11ac wifi?
- Asked by Thuyain A from Colchester
- Jun 11, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Does early 2013 iMac support 802.11ac wifi?)
Am I correct to assume my 802.11n capable computers will not work any quicker on 802.11ac Airport Time capsule? Therefore wait to upgrade both...
Will the new Time Capsule work with machines running 10.6.8?
The product info suggests 10.7.5 and a much higher Airport Utility are required, but the info also says it is compatible with any WiFi device.
- Asked by Phil C. B from Gainesville
- Jun 27, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the new Time Capsule work with machines running 10.6.8?)
Can I use the new Time Capsule on machines running 10.6.8?
Product Info says:
Any Wi-Fi device you have will work with AirPort Time Capsule.
But Tech Specs says this Time Capsule requires 10.7.5 and a higher Airport Utility that 10.6 supports.
- Asked by Phil C. B from Gainesville
- Jun 27, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the new Time Capsule on machines running 10.6.8?)
Can Time Capusle limit internet data usage and speed on connected devices?
I have a 4th-gen Time Capusle bought in 2012. I set up a guest network for visiting friends & families. But sometimes kids will watch videos on their iPad/iPhone all day long, eating up my data allowance and slowing down network speed.
Is there a way I can limit data usage and speed (say, 1GB per day at no faster than 5Mbps download) on Time Capsule's connected devices?
- Asked by Tony C from Santee
- Oct 15, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can Time Capusle limit internet data usage and speed on connected devices?)
Does the time capsule work with my existing wireless network
I have a existing dual band wireless network through Bright house . Can I use the Apple time capsule or should I simply use a network compatible memory storage device.
- Asked by Lois H from Heathrow
- Jul 6, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the time capsule work with my existing wireless network)
Squeezebox Support on Airport?
Does anyone know if an Airport Time Capsule would offer Squeezebox support? I'm considering moving from an all windows environment to an iMac with an Airport time capsule. Ideally I'd like to be able to access a music library from Squeezebox on an airport even with the iMac off. I realize there is Apple TV and the like, but I've got a good investment already in squeezebox devices and controllers I'd like to continue to use. Has anyone tried this before? Sorry, not very technical here so forgive me but from browsing the logitech site it looks like Squeezebox is incapable of connecting to N networks and we would need to change modem settings to B or G. I assume that is done at the wireless router and isn't any worse that what I have now? Any downsides here? Thanks everyone!
- Asked by Darren N from Sterling
- Mar 22, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Squeezebox Support on Airport?)
No answers yet
I am wondering if I were to purchase the 'Airport time capsule' would it work like dropbox where I can access it from multiple devices even under data
I recently purchased a Ipad Mini 16gb Iphone 6 plus 16GB and a Macbook pro 128gb, I am wondering if I purchased a airport time capsule and connected it to the internet would I be able to access my files if I were to save them onto it from college but access them from anywhere or have I to be near my airport time capsule. Basically I am wondering is it like dropbox where I could have 4 devices connected to it security protected from anyone else while uploading all my files onto it ??
How would I go about using a Time Capsule with Time Warner Cable?
They force you to rent one of their routers. Would I just connect the two using an ethernet cable? Would this affect the speed of Internet I get? And would it be silly to pay for Time Capsule if I already have to pay for a router? I know you get the backup capabilities, but having 2 devices for Wi-Fi seems unnecessary. I have all Apple products.
- Asked by Casey G from Louisville
- Jun 1, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (How would I go about using a Time Capsule with Time Warner Cable?)
Can I use the airport time capsule as a server? Can I back up PC to airport time capsule or it is only limited to backing up Mac computers?
- Asked by Srdan K from Sherman Oaks
- Mar 12, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the airport time capsule as a server? Can I back up PC to airport time capsule or it is only limited to backing up Mac computers?)
Can I transfer data stored on my icloud to my time capsule? Or from my iphone to my Time Capsule?
My iphone has a lot of pictures on it and has run out of space, so I figured I would get icloud and back up to that and then delete the photo's from the phone. Well now my icloud account is getting to its limit and I was thinking why can't I just move all of my photos to my time capsule. However I can't seem to find a way to do that.
Do you know if there is an option to move the data from my icloud account to my time capsule?
And for future prevention of this issue, do you know if there is a way to move the pictures from the phone to the time capsule so that I don't have to fill up my icloud account?
- Asked by Jason S from Reno
- Feb 19, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I transfer data stored on my icloud to my time capsule? Or from my iphone to my Time Capsule?)
will this device support APFS?
im wondering if the main drive or a external drive connected using APFS format would be able to be supported if this is id really consider getting one due to the fact I only have a 1st gen and even though I upgraded the HDD to a 2TB its still slow id love to have a faster backup so id like to know if it supports APFS
- Asked by Tim F from Atascadero
- Jun 16, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (will this device support APFS?)