Similar questions from the community
If I have a windows laptop, do I have to/ can I set the airport extreme 2013 up with my ipad? Or will Airport utility be available for Windows 7?
I have a Windows 7 laptop, and my current router, a Linksys WRT110, isn't cutting it. It constantly drops signals/ crashes, and I will need my own router (the linksys is my parents') when I move out. I am trying to decide between this, and the new Asus router, but I heard that Airport utility 6.0 and later aren't compatible with Windows.
Is it going to be compatible in the future?
Can I use Utility 5.6.1 with the 2013 Airport extreme?
Can I setup the airport extreme with the Utility app on my iPad?
- Asked by Jordan H from Archbold
- Jul 1, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (If I have a windows laptop, do I have to/ can I set the airport extreme 2013 up with my ipad? Or will Airport utility be available for Windows 7?)
Windows 7 compatability
I have a mini-mac, so no problem, but my wife's computer is an Acer Windows 7 lap that she uses for work, came with an Qualcomm Atheros AR956x Wireless Network Adapter (seems to be a single channel wifi). Will this connect to an Airport Extreme? I presently have a Canon MG5220 wireless printer and I can't seem to be able to get both the mini-mac and her lap to connect on my Netgear R6250, and I realize that I will need to upgrade the printer to an AirPrint compatible printer, but I can't get the Acer to see the Higher end network of the router.
- Asked by Robert H from Fort Worth
- Dec 23, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Windows 7 compatability)
No answers yet
Can I administer my AirPort Extreme remotely?
I just purchased an AirPort Extreme tower for a second home. I set it up and it is working fine. Now I'd like to adjust some of the settings remotely. Is there a way to do this using the AirPort Utility?
- Asked by Jason P from Park City
- Dec 30, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I administer my AirPort Extreme remotely?)
No answers yet
How do I set up Airport Extreme as BOTH a Switch AND Wireless Access Point?
My Comcast Modem is a Motorola SBG6580 which is a combination modem/router. I have a password protected LAN connecting both wired and wireless devices. In my office I want to install an Airport Extreme connected to the Motorola with a CAT 6 cable, and then cable-connect my iMAC to the Airport Extreme, AND use the Wireless capability of the Apple Extreme to connect iPhone and IPad.
The Apple Extreme would function as a switch for the connecting the iMAC to the LAN, and as an Access Point for the wireless devices. Can this be done? How do I navigate the setup choices?
- Asked by William H H from San Francisco
- Nov 6, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I set up Airport Extreme as BOTH a Switch AND Wireless Access Point?)
Are discounts available for Veterans?
need Airport Extreme for USB to USB connection from Extreme to external Hard drive.
- Asked by C. Elliott A from Mcminnville
- Aug 4, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Are discounts available for Veterans?)
No answers yet
Where is the "radio mode" setting in the new 2013 802.11AC Airport Extreme?
I want to set both bands on the router to wireless N. At the moment, the 2.4ghz channel is defaulting to b/g, with speed reductions on that band as a result. I have a separate wireless network for b/g devices and I want to restrict the new 2013 airport express router to N. This was possible on earlier models.
- Asked by Adam Y
- Jun 19, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Where is the "radio mode" setting in the new 2013 802.11AC Airport Extreme?)
How do I set up a hard drive with an airport extreme?
- Asked by Kenton G from West Des Moines
- Sep 21, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I set up a hard drive with an airport extreme?)
how do i set up Airport Extreme to achieve maximum range in my house?
Airport Extreme router
- Asked by Ronald L from Abbotsford
- Jun 12, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (how do i set up Airport Extreme to achieve maximum range in my house?)
What's the difference between the AirPort Extreme and the AirPort Time Capsule?
I'm thinking about buying one for my 2013 MacBook Air, but the only differences I can find between the two products are the names and the prices.
- Asked by Price F from Abingdon
- Oct 7, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (What's the difference between the AirPort Extreme and the AirPort Time Capsule?)
Will an Airport Time Capsule back up windows devices wirelessly?
- Asked by Robert K from Mesa
- Mar 29, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Will an Airport Time Capsule back up windows devices wirelessly?)
Is the AirPort Extreme Compatable with a Comcast Modem/Router
Please Hang with me here, I am NOT an Apple User as of "YET", and not really great at Computer Language. That said, here goes.
1). I own a 2 year old DELL Laptop, (Don't Like It at all)! its Slow, has 4 Gigs of RAM and a 2.16 Gighrtz Processor. I am Looking to go with an Apple Laptop.
2). We have Comcast Internet Service Wireless Router Modem that is 150MB Download and 12MB Upload. It is there Latest Modem and was replaced 2 weeks ago. I use my Laptop Hardwired to the Modem with an Ethernet Cable, My Wife has a Dell Desktop that is Hard Wired also, if I switch to wireless "IE" Unplug the Ethernet Cable, I can go to Starbucks and get a cup of coffee and come back and the Page "MIGHT BE" Loaded. Wired, it aint much faster!
So, I have talked to some friends that have apple Computer Laptops and swear by them. What I don't know is, are they Wireless "ONLY"? How do I use my Printer that has a USB Cable attached (Not Wireless)?
3). If I buy an Apple Laptop Computer, And, want to use it at its FASTEST / BEST Speeds and Capabilities, can I purchase the AirPort Extreme, and use it with or Attached to the Comcast Modem to get better Distance and more reliable Internet service? We Stream Netflix, VuDu, Pandora, and such regularly. Our TV Is an older Plasma Unit from 2003 and we have DIRECT TV with the Wireless GENIE'S, Can someone Explain to me in Layman's Terms if this will work without me having to call Comcast In the Philippines and getting all Upset, And, just what I have to do if I go to the Expense of Switching over to APPLE and an AirPort Extreme Router. Sorry if I have forgotten anything, but I am not sure how much longer I can deal with DELL. My wife has No Intention of switching anything with her system until it Fails, and does not want to go away from the Hard Wired Set up. Any Help is Appreciated. Thank You So Much. Ken Davis. By The Way, my Family all has I Phones and I Pads...
- Asked by Ken D from San Jose
- Mar 3, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the AirPort Extreme Compatable with a Comcast Modem/Router)
Can my Apple devices access iTunes compatible videos stored on a USB drive that's attached to the AirPort Extreme?
iPad mini Retina 2, 2013 Macbook Air, iPhone 6, and the newest Apple TV.
- Asked by Gregory K from Oklahoma City
- Jan 24, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can my Apple devices access iTunes compatible videos stored on a USB drive that's attached to the AirPort Extreme?)
Can I have 2 time capsules set up to work independently backing up one iMac? ...and have the old one boost the wireless signal?
Old Airport Extreme and New Airport Time Capsule
- Asked by Benjamin S from Beaumont
- Nov 10, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I have 2 time capsules set up to work independently backing up one iMac? ...and have the old one boost the wireless signal?)
Does AirPort Extreme work with ip camera?
I am using ip camera at home, can I set up the ip camera with the AirPort Extreme?
- Asked by Wing Yan Katie H
- Nov 10, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Does AirPort Extreme work with ip camera?)
what's the latest version or generation of airport extreme? Specifically, is the 2013 refurbished airport extreme the latest version?
- Asked by Yong Hwa C from Oklahoma City
- Jul 29, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (what's the latest version or generation of airport extreme? Specifically, is the 2013 refurbished airport extreme the latest version?)
I have an old iMac OS 10.5 that I'm using in Wifi mode - not connected to a modem. I understand fully that Airport extreme requires OS 10.7.5 and Airport Utility 6.3 or IOS 6 and above. I have no desire to double upgrade the iMac. Could I set up and administer the Airport Extreme from an IOS 7 device and continue to connect my iMac through Wifi? Thanks
- Asked by Paul J from Elko
- Feb 4, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Leopard Compatible?)
No answers yet
can airport extreme be a server running Mac OS Server
I want to build a website offline so I can teach myself before going online.
I have a Mac Pro late 2013. I know my server will get large in size so an external drive is preferable.
- Asked by Callum W from Perth
- Nov 22, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (can airport extreme be a server running Mac OS Server)