Questions & Answers for LaCie 4TB Rugged RAID Thunderbolt + USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive
5 Questions + 3 Answers
5 Questions from the Community
is it compatible with iMac 14,2 3.2GHz ?
- Asked by Alexandre B from Hoboken
- Nov 17, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (is it compatible with iMac 14,2 3.2GHz ?)
Compatibility of a Hard Drive has nothing to do with the GHz and very little to do with the OS version other than it has to be capable of supporting USB which is now very old. Bottom line is it will work. How fast it works is a different story. If your iMac has USB3 support or Thunderbolt 2 or 3 support it will be fast but if you only have USB 2 it will be slower.
- Answered by Ron A from Qualicum Beach
- Nov 17, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (is it compatible with iMac 14,2 3.2GHz ?)
How do you connect the drive via it's attached Thunderbolt connector to a new MBP with TB3/USBC ports
I have a recent MacBook PRO and it only has the new USB-C / Thunderbolt 3 ports. I ordered a Lightning to USB-C cable as that is what the built-in cable looks like even though it is called a Thunderbolt cable. It fits very loosely and I never get access to the drive.
What is the correct cable as there is no such thing as a TB3 to USB-C cable on the Apple site
- Asked by Ron A from Qualicum Beach
- Nov 21, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (How do you connect the drive via it's attached Thunderbolt connector to a new MBP with TB3/USBC ports)
Does this come formatted for Mac?
- Asked by Susan D from Santa Rosa
- Jun 28, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this come formatted for Mac?)