Questions & Answers for LaCie 2TB Rugged USB-C + USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive
3 Questions + 2 Answers
3 Questions from the Community
Can I delete items from my Mac and it will be saved/reappear on my LaCie hard drive when I plug it back in?
I purchased a LaCie a while back and I am not sure if I understood how hard drives work. I bought this because my previous hard drive did not save any of my files when my Mac got stolen. As a student, I accumulated school work and want to clear out my laptop. If I plug in my LaCie, all my files should be uploaded on the hard drive right? So if I delete them off my Mac afterwards, I would not have to worry because my LaCie would have them still?
- Asked by Audrielle A from Vallejo
- Aug 26, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I delete items from my Mac and it will be saved/reappear on my LaCie hard drive when I plug it back in?)
Is there a way to partition this disk into two separate ones
Is there a way to partition this disk into two separate ones, so that I can use one for time machine backup and the other for multipurpose(PC/MAC) use
- Asked by Joel T from Folsom
- Jul 4, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a way to partition this disk into two separate ones)
No, it is a standard HDD (Hard Disk Drive) like most other hard drives on the market, however this one has a USB-C connection. I'm not sure if the USB-C connection will act as Thunderbolt 3 when connected to a 2016 and newer MacBook Pro.
- Answered by Chris S from San Antonio
- Aug 26, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is it an SSD?)