Questions & Answers for ecobee3 lite Smart Thermostat
4 Questions from the Community
Does the ecobee3 lite connect to the home pod?
I recently purchased a home pod and am thinking about an ecobbe 3 lite. Will I be a blue to control the ecobee3 via my home pod?
- Asked by Dennis W Z from Chapel Hill
- Apr 28, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the ecobee3 lite connect to the home pod?)
Will it work with multiple people such that if any 1 person is home, it will turn on the "home" settings?
I'm wondering about the home/away settings. I would like to set this up for a home/away based on whether our phones are home. Do both of us have to be home for it to turn on the home setting? Or does it work as I am hoping - that if either of us is home with our phone, the home setting is engaged?
- Asked by Anastasia M from Columbus
- Nov 28, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it work with multiple people such that if any 1 person is home, it will turn on the "home" settings?)
Does it have to connect to wifi?
- Asked by Judy K from Lima
- Jul 20, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it have to connect to wifi?)
WifI connectivity is required for all functions other than wired control of your HVAC.. Without WiFi, you will not have any smart device functionality. You will not have access to local weather and temperature and historical operation reporting (via the ecobee.com portal), control from your smart Devices and desktop, or global internet remote access/control from a smart device or desktop.
Without Wifi, the Ecobee 3 will still function as a non-smart thermostat through physical access to the wall unit, but will only report the current home temperature and humidity information.
- Answered by Gary S from Edmonton
- Dec 14, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does it have to connect to wifi?)
What makes this a "lite" ecobee3 Smart Thermostat?
- Asked by Kirk K from Tulsa
- May 8, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (What makes this a "lite" ecobee3 Smart Thermostat?)
My first thought too! Quote from the ecobee website:
The ecobee3 lite is very similar to the ecobee3, but does not include support for whole home accessories such as HRVs, Ventilators, Humidifiers, Dehumidifiers. But you still get all the other smart functions offered by the ecobee3; Wireless Sensors, Smart Home/Away, Follow Me, Smart Recovery, Schedule and Vacation settings, Home IQ, connection to Homekit/Amazon Echo/IFTTT/Smart Things and Wink, Alerts and Reminders and our Web Portal and Mobile App.
- Answered by Michael J from Statham
- Jun 25, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (What makes this a "lite" ecobee3 Smart Thermostat?)