Questions & Answers for LaCie 2TB Rugged Thunderbolt + USB-C Portable Hard Drive
3 Questions + 2 Answers
3 Questions from the Community
Does it support thunderbolt 2?
Would I be able to connect this drive to a Thunderbolt 2 port on my MacBook Pro, or would it only connect to the USB (not usb c) ports?
- Asked by Henry A from Fairfield
- Sep 23, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it support thunderbolt 2?)
The drive has an attached (non-removable) Thunderbolt 1 (10 Gbps) cable. It can be connected directly to a Thunderbolt 1 or Thunderbolt 2 port of a computer (like your MacBook Pro) or other Thunderbolt device.
You can connect it via Thunderbolt 1 to a Thunderbolt 3 port of a computer or Thunderbolt 3 device using an Apple Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter (but I'm not sure if the Apple Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter allows enough power to power the hard drive).
The drive also has a USB-C port (female) supporting USB 3.0 (5 Gbps) which can be connected to a USB-A or USB-C port of a computer, USB hub, USB dock, or Thunderbolt dock via one of the included cables (USB-C to USB-C and USB-C to USB-A).
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Feb 17, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does it support thunderbolt 2?)
is the built-in thunderbolt cable of the USB-C variety? only finding pictures of this drive with the thunderbolt-2 style built-in cable, but not sure
No answers yet
Will this be compatible with with USB-B?
- Asked by Daniel C from Saline
- Jun 29, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this be compatible with with USB-B?)
No, however it does come with a usb-c to A connector so it can connect to any USB port.
- Answered by Dan C from North Branford
- Jul 1, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will this be compatible with with USB-B?)