Questions & Answers for August Smart Lock Pro + Connect
4 Questions from the Community
Regarding a concern which we have all thought about: Can this be easily hacked?
- Asked by Michael S from Demarest
- Jun 12, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Regarding a concern which we have all thought about: Can this be easily hacked?)
The August Smart Lock replaces the INSIDE parts of an existing (already installed) deadbolt lock; basically, it replaces the existing lock knob on the indoor side of the door. There are no parts that go on the outdoor side of the door; the existing lock remains unchanged on the outdoor side.
- Answered by Rory J from Brampton
- Feb 23, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is it waterproof ? in case heavy rain falls over the door and lock gets wet Thanks)
Will it work with a double cylinder deadbolt?
- Asked by H Jerrel F from New Orleans
- Dec 28, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it work with a double cylinder deadbolt?)