Questions & Answers for Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad - US English
348 Questions from the Community
Will this keyboard work (plug and play) with my old eMac version 10.4.11?
- Asked by Mark H from Keighley
- Dec 20, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this keyboard work (plug and play) with my old eMac version 10.4.11?)
According to the documentation that comes with the keyboard, which I just purchased and am using for the first time, the answer is "yes". I can also attest to the fact since my system is v10.4.1 and I am typing away. Unfortunately, the new firmware update-which is supposed to fix an issue with unwanted key repeats- requires 10.5.+. Hopefully I will not have that problem since I am still not ready to upgrade to Leopard.
Though you didn't ask, right now I am loving this thing.. It is so much better than the old Apple keyboard I cannot even compare the two. It's like typing on air!
- Answered by Kathleen A. C from Beaverton
- Dec 24, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will this keyboard work (plug and play) with my old eMac version 10.4.11?)
numeric keyboard physical size
- Asked by Joseph R from Graysville
- Jun 30, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (numeric keyboard physical size)
will this keyboard work with the ipad2?
- Asked by Terry K from Jasper
- May 17, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (will this keyboard work with the ipad2?)
The short answer is unfortunately no; the iPad uses Apple's proprietary dock connector to interface with peripherals. You can, however, connect a Bluetooth Keyboard, such as the Apple Wireless Keyboard. The iPad Keyboard Dock for the first generation iPad kinda works, but it is hampered by the new shape of the iPad 2.
It was, at one stage, possible to connect a standard USB keyboard to the iPad using Apple's Camera Connection Kit, however since iOS 4.2 was released this is no longer possible because the device no longer supplies enough power to the USB peripheral. This is the case with both the 1st gen iPad and the iPad 2.
Hope this helps!
- Answered by Andrew K
- Jun 6, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (will this keyboard work with the ipad2?)
Is there a way to power on a MacBook Pro with this keyboard?
I want to replace a desktop with my MacBook Pro. I would like to leave the mouse, keyboard, monitor connected and was wondering if there is a way to power on the macbook pro with the keyboard instead of opening the laptop because it will be sitting in a stand.
- Asked by Frederick N from Brick
- Aug 17, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a way to power on a MacBook Pro with this keyboard?)
No for powerOn from keyboard.
But, you can wake from sleep by pressing any key on the keyboard.
- Answered by Chris S from San Jose
- Oct 2, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is there a way to power on a MacBook Pro with this keyboard?)
Will it work OK on a powered USB hub? It's just my external hard drive doesn't so I have run out of USB ports on my MacBook now.Best Answer:
it wil work on anyUSB port or even an UNPOWERED Hub. keyboards and mice draw very little current so can be used anywhere - only external hard drives and iPods and other devices need the full 500MA of a direct connection and short lead as these draw the full current in use.
other devices fall somewhere in between
yes you can use ur old keyboard instead of this
and both at the same time, too as long as you have a free powered usb port.
- Answered by Zavdi Aniela Z from El Sobrante
- Jan 10, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (if i have windows 7 and use this can i still go back to my normal keyboard?)
is there any information explaining the the wired keyboard keys.
Apple keyboard part # MB110LL/B
- Asked by Ronald K from Cambridge
- May 7, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (is there any information explaining the the wired keyboard keys.)
As with the wireless keyboard, how secure is it when it comes to passwords entry? Will it be picked up by strangers nearby or outside the building?Answer
No, it will not be picked up by strangers, unless someone is deliberately outside your door with a ton of hardware to crack the signal and hack the information you type. If you are not a FBI agent or a spy of any kind, I think you will be good to go.
- Answered by Andrew M from Fort Smith
- Jul 11, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (As with the wireless keyboard, how secure is it when it comes to passwords entry? Will it be picked up by strangers nearby or outside the building?)
Will current keyboard work with OS 10.5.8?
According to specs, minimum OS is 10.6.8.
- Asked by Annette C from Raleigh
- Sep 29, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Will current keyboard work with OS 10.5.8?)
The Function keys will not all work properly on 10.5.8, all the other keys will be fine. The previous model MB110LL/A would work with all the Function keys on Leopard or Snow Leopard.
- Answered by Andy M from New York
- Jan 28, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will current keyboard work with OS 10.5.8?)
How can i enter the pound key using a us keyboard?
- Asked by Martha M from Brooklyn
- Jan 1, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (How can i enter the pound key using a us keyboard?)
KEYBOARD SOFTWARE UPDATE?
I just upgraded the software on my old Macbook Pro to Snow Leopard bc I bought an external USB keyboard (mac, with numerical keypad), and I was told that it needed 10.6.8 to work.
However, when I type on it, it does not type letters... but symbols.
Not sure if I need to do a keyboard software update... and if so, where to get such a thing.
- Asked by Aarti S from Los Angeles
- Mar 6, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (KEYBOARD SOFTWARE UPDATE?)
Can I use this keyboard on mac G5 w/o bluetooth
- Asked by Steven B from New Hartford
- Apr 18, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this keyboard on mac G5 w/o bluetooth)
Yes, indeed. At it's heart, it is a regular USB keyboard, and will even work on the original iMac (except there's no power button.)
If you get hooked on it, you can even take it with you and use it with anything else that accepts a USB keyboard, even some of the video game consoles.
- Answered by Colin P from Dartmouth
- Apr 23, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I use this keyboard on mac G5 w/o bluetooth)
Does this works with Ubuntu?
- Asked by Chetan P from Buffalo
- May 8, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this works with Ubuntu?)