Questions & Answers for Apple USB Ethernet Adapter
107 Questions from the Community
according to desciption thunderbolt can provide you a 1000 BASE-T performance and usb adapter only 100BASE-T performance, so this is basic, but i chosed the last one because i don't wonna to take the thunderbolt port on my air, there is only one, in case of retina macbook pro, i would take the thunderbolt adapter. what do you mean under BT Hub?
- Answered by Davyd D from Kharkov
- Aug 15, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Thunderbolt or USB ethernet adapter - Would both work with a BT Hub 3 and does it make a difference which on one chooses?)
How can I hook up an ip phone to my macbook
- Asked by Dennis W from Parkland
- Sep 6, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I hook up an ip phone to my macbook)
After seeing this done on youtube, i tried this and was able to connect this apple usb ethernet adaptor via a powered usb hub, to the apple usb camera adapter and finally to my iPad 4. It works. It mean faster internet for the security conscious out there.
It helps to test this set up by pluging the main usb lead from the hub into my 'mac'. Once i saw the IP address, it was a simple matter to unplug that main usb lead from the mac, and place it instead into the ipad's usb adaptor.
I'm told there are other uses for the usb camera adaptor besides importing pictures, midi keyboards etc, but this has to be done via he powered usb hub.
This works with OS 7.1
- Answered by Christopher H
- Oct 18, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Could this be used with an iPad using the USB adapter that's included with the Apple Camera connection kit?)
is this adapter fully compatible with the newest OS Mountain Lion on a Macbook Air?
- Asked by Frederick A from Chevy Chase
- Sep 23, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (is this adapter fully compatible with the newest OS Mountain Lion on a Macbook Air?)
does this work like a wireless LAN adapter
- Asked by Kevin P from Bacliff
- Nov 14, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (does this work like a wireless LAN adapter)
Im afraid not, this in effect will add an Ethernet port to your computer if it doesn't already have one.
- Answered by Anthony W
- Jan 6, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (does this work like a wireless LAN adapter)
can this be used with Macbook Pro & Lion System?
I would like to send and receive faxes through my Macbook Pro system with Lion
- Asked by Ruy Barcellos D from Long Island City
- Jul 29, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (can this be used with Macbook Pro & Lion System?)
If I'm understanding this correctly, you want to plug this adapter into your TV and use it to connect to your wireless network?
If so, then no, you can't.
The USB port on your TV is usually for either firmware updates or playing music, photos, etc, off of a thumb drive. It's not used to connect devices. And even if it were, it's very unlikely your TV would have the drivers to USE a networking cable.
And even if it COULD, it's extraordinarily doubtful that it'd have the configuration utilities to be able to configure a network.
And lastly, this is a wired ethernet adapter. You can't use it to connect to a wireless network, only a hard-wire network.
- Answered by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxxxxx
- Dec 1, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can i use this to connect to my mac wireless in my house to a LG TV whic has a USB to sream movies,music, etc.)
- Answered by Sergei M from Mount Kisco
- May 5, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (dos it work abroad??)
where can i buy apple usb ethernaet adapter
where can i buy this adapter
- Asked by Ponnusamy R from Greenford
- Jul 23, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (where can i buy apple usb ethernaet adapter)
During first use, do you have to install any drivers or just plug it in and it works?
- Asked by Xiao Heng Y from Melbourne
- Aug 29, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (During first use, do you have to install any drivers or just plug it in and it works?)
This works under VMWare Fusion, but as it's virtual you don't really need a driver for the virtual OS. So I assume this would be the same for Parallels.
- Answered by Paul B from Coventry
- Oct 29, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (is there a driver for Windows XP using Parrallels)
Not by itself. You need to set up a broadband ADSL account with an internet service provider to supply your house with internet access via your telephone line. that connection will involve a modem/router device that connects to your telephone cable (on the modem part) and also has ethernet port(s) (on the router part).
With the account set up and the modem/router plugged in to your phone line, you'll then be able to plug ethernet capable devices (or devices connected to this adapter via a usb 2.0 port) into the modem to connect to the net.
This is the same procedure needed when connecting to broadband via ethernet in the city as most houses only have the regular phone lines there as well.
- Answered by Gregory P from Ovingham
- Sep 24, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (I don't have ethernet lines out in the country. I just have the regular phone line. Will this work for me?)
can this be used for an Ipad
- Asked by Julie S from Fairlawn
- Nov 2, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (can this be used for an Ipad)
No, even with the Camera Connection Kit USB adapter, it does not provide a wired Internet connection.
- Answered by Andrew S from Murphy
- Mar 23, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can this be used for an Ipad)
Does this USB Ethernet Adapter also work in a MacBook Pro
The product description it is for a MacBook Air. I just want to be sure it will work in my MBP
- Asked by Bernie D from Croydon
- Oct 20, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this USB Ethernet Adapter also work in a MacBook Pro)
doesn't work with the new MB Pro with Retina which doesn't come with an Ethernet port. You will have to cough up the thunderbolt version.
- Answered by Walter K from Carmel
- Sep 15, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does this USB Ethernet Adapter also work in a MacBook Pro)
This will work with my Mac Book Pro.
This Ethernet Adapter is confusing as on the packaging it says it only works with Macbook Air but I've just tried it on a Mid 2014 Mac Book Pro (Retina) and it works fine (although at 100Mbit/s).
The Thunderbolt adapter will give you faster access if you have a 1000Mbit/s setup.....
- Answered by Michael R from Hampton
- Jan 22, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (I need a Macbook pro retina model cable to connect to ethernet. Which one should I get?)
Will this work with Mac OS Sierra? Also, with a USB 3.0 port?
- Asked by Matthew Z from Diamond
- Sep 26, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with Mac OS Sierra? Also, with a USB 3.0 port?)
so is there a port that you can plug into a SIM to constant internet access anywhere like ipad? or do i need something else, i m getting macbook air.
so is there a port that you can plug into a SIM to constant internet access anywhere like ipad? or do i need something else, i m getting macbook air.Best Answer:
How about using a MiFi unit? Its a stand alone unit that you plug your sim into and it produces it's own WiFi network that you could connect to with you Air.
- Answered by Paul B from Coventry
- Oct 29, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (so is there a port that you can plug into a SIM to constant internet access anywhere like ipad? or do i need something else, i m getting macbook air.)