Questions & Answers for Apple USB SuperDrive
553 Questions from the Community
can I use it at MacBook Pro 13"???
- Asked by Jimy N from Muar
- Aug 9, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use it at MacBook Pro 13"???)
Yes, the latest version is fully compatible with all dual-layer media.
Can I use a compact disc in usb superdrive
- Asked by Jake L from San Diego
- Sep 28, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use a compact disc in usb superdrive)
Can I play a dvd-rom on my Apple USB SuperDrive Model No.: A1379?
- Asked by Douglass G from Anchorage
- May 25, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I play a dvd-rom on my Apple USB SuperDrive Model No.: A1379?)
Can you have more than one Apple USB SuperDrive in operation at the same time on a Macbook 15" Retina?
I have a late 2013 Macbook Retina 15" 2.3 GHz i7 and was wondering about purchasing two Apple USB SuperDrives, i.e. one for each USB port. I have a number of DVDs I want to add to my hand-coded media entertainment app and running two drives simultaneously would make the import process much quicker.
My assumption would be that you can, but any info from others would be much appreciated.
Yes it does - You can change the region up to 5 times (then it will be stuck forever at the 5th!)
- Answered by Thiago P from Simpsonville
- Jan 14, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Plays non-US format DVDs?)
how do you make the usb supper drive work?
- Asked by Becky D from Lehi
- Aug 18, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (how do you make the usb supper drive work?)
How to install on my new Mac
My USB Superdrive will not load any programe or music disk
- Asked by Brendan K from Lyonville
- Mar 21, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (How to install on my new Mac)
Short and simple answer is YES,
I have iMac (late 2012) and recently bought the Superdrive from USA on a trip plugged in and it just worked :)
Is there a way for this SuperDrive to work on a mid 2009 Macbook Pro?
I found a website saying that I could use a terminal command to disable my internal cd drive, making the computer able to use the external superdrive but now the superdrive isnt being registered by the computer... Any suggestions?
- Asked by Collin O from Grand Rapids
- Jan 26, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a way for this SuperDrive to work on a mid 2009 Macbook Pro?)
Where can I find a protective case for the USB Superdrives?
- Asked by Tina J from Coarsegold
- Jan 1, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Where can I find a protective case for the USB Superdrives?)
I have a desktop imac 8,1 whose built-in optical drive seems to have failed. Can I add a external SuperDrive instead? Is it compatible pre2012?Answer
It says on the box that the superdrive won't work with any models with an existing optical drive so i presume you wouldn't be able to.
Is this usb superdrive compatible with vcd?
- Asked by Marian C
- Jun 1, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this usb superdrive compatible with vcd?)
it all depends on what you mean by VCD. if it is the media used in Asiatic Countries as a Replacement for DVDs (mostly Pirated medias), then YES, the Drive will recognize it, as it is nothing but a simple CD with Video Data Recorded. the only thing you will need is a Proper Movie Player (Software) which can decode 'DAT' video files, as that is the Format VCDs are encoded with. VLC Player should be able to decode that you.
Mind, the answer is based on the assumption that VCD that you mention in the Question is the one that I Described in the PRELUDE.
- Answered by Thomas B from Shelton
- Jul 2, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is this usb superdrive compatible with vcd?)
Can I use it on a 2015 mac
Apple usb superdrive
- Asked by James W from Lawrenceville
- Sep 24, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use it on a 2015 mac)
seems so, i use my superdrive with a 2015 27" imac with retina display - no problem
- Answered by John T
- Sep 29, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I use it on a 2015 mac)
Does the USB Super Drive work with an old MacBook?
I just bought the USB Super Drive at Best Buy because the original CD burner doesn't work. I plugged in to my computer and looks like is not working. It is not showing anything on the screen.
- Asked by Gustavo B from Mississauga
- Dec 3, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the USB Super Drive work with an old MacBook?)
MacBook computers with a built-in SuperDrive are not compatible with either the Apple USB SuperDrive or the MacBook Air SuperDrive.
- Answered by Barry S from High Point
- Dec 19, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does the USB Super Drive work with an old MacBook?)
So the Apple UBS Super drive will not work with a 2.16Ghz iMac.......?
- Asked by Dougie N from Maple Ridge
- Aug 12, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (So the Apple UBS Super drive will not work with a 2.16Ghz iMac.......?)