Questions & Answers for Lightning to USB Camera Adapter
137 Questions from the Community
Will this work with the makey makey?
I want to get a makey makey and thought that this might work, but I want to be sure it will work.
- Asked by Mark M from Libertyville
- Dec 13, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with the makey makey?)
will the Apple Lightning Camera Adapter work for and iPhone 6?
- Asked by Jyostsna S from Monroe Township
- May 24, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (will the Apple Lightning Camera Adapter work for and iPhone 6?)
Yes, if you have iOS 9.2
- Answered by Alex B
- Dec 8, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (will the Apple Lightning Camera Adapter work for and iPhone 6?)
can I use this adaptor for my iMac
The camera adaptor that I bought to download images from my Canon 5D to my iPadworks a treat! Can I use it to download from my camera to my new iMac?
Incidentally, Apple has set disastrous booby traps for the unwary: be careful, the slightest touch on the "Delete" option that comes up when one "Selects" images for downloading will permanently delate all your precious, irreplaceable photos from your camera memory card!!! It happened to me. I lost over 80 carefully taken photos during a trip to India - photos that I had meticulously planned a year in advance, after researching the Internet, for the best examples of the incredible examples of the art of "pieta dura" and other detailed decorative architectural detail in the Agra Red Fort and Itimad-ud-Daula's mausoleum. All gone in a flash, when I inattentively, inadvertently brushed a finger on the" Delete" option while scrolling!!!! Apple should never have crafted this unnecessary "Delete" option when one is merely trying to transfer/download images from camera to iPad. C'mon Apple geeks - get rid of this pitfall.
Apple: Super hardware, nicely designed, but the software is quirky and even daft! My PC was not as pretty, but was better in use!
- Asked by Michael A
- Apr 12, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use this adaptor for my iMac)
The iMac has an SD slot at the rear so does not need the SD adaptor. The iMac has USB ports as well, so will connect directly to the camera USB cable.
That is, the adaptor is not needed for the iMac.
- Answered by Stephen F
- May 16, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can I use this adaptor for my iMac)
Does this adapter works on Canon EOS M6?
- Asked by Chun Yen Y from San Jose
- May 22, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this adapter works on Canon EOS M6?)
Can I view live video from my Sony camcorder?
- Asked by Paul D from Columbia
- Apr 9, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I view live video from my Sony camcorder?)
Will this cable work with iOS 8.3
- Asked by Dermot S
- May 22, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this cable work with iOS 8.3)
Would I be able plug a USB stick into this device to take pictures from the iPad?
I can plug a camera in to put pictures onto the iPad but I basically want to use my ipad as a middle man... Put the pictures on my ipad then onto a USB stick
- Asked by Courtney N from Bridgenorth
- Jan 5, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Would I be able plug a USB stick into this device to take pictures from the iPad?)
Can I connect iPhone 5s/PianoDiary to MAC/Sibelius First to import & export MIDI data via the Apple Camera connection kit ?
I use Yamaha PianoDiary app (on iPhone 5s) to RECORD midi from an external piano
ie. (iPhone 5S --> Apple Camera connection kit --> Roland UM-One to midi plugs (In and Out) --> External Piano.)
The PianoDiary app also allows me to PLAYBACK to the piano.
Alas, the MIDI is stored within a PianoDiary SQLite database and not as a midi file. So, no easy way to export and import.
Unable to get the PianoDiary app WiFi or Bluetooth working with a MAC so now I explore hard wiring from iPhone 5s to a MAC.
Could I treat the iPhone 5s/Pianodiary app as a MIDI instrument
i.e. (iPhone 5s/Pianodiary --> Apple Camera connection kit --> TypeA(Male) to TypeB(Female) adapter --> Regular USB cable --> Mac/Sibelius First.)
I could then press PLAY on the iPhone 5S and RECORD on the MAC to export from the iPhone and vice versa to import.
Is there any good reason why this hardwire approach wouldn't work using the Apple Camera connection kit ?
Is there a better way to do this connection via cable ? (I have given up on WiFi and Bluetooth)
Is the lightning to usb adapter is compatible with our ipad with retina display (MD511C/A) for the purpose of connecting to our Nikon D3100
No answers yet
Can I use an USB thumb drive to store files (like Word or Excel files) then, with the cable, read and access these files on my iPad?
No answers yet
Can this be used to connect to a phantom 4 drone?
- Asked by Edward D from Pittsburgh
- Apr 20, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used to connect to a phantom 4 drone?)
Hi, I don't have this version camera connection kit, but I thought I'd give my input since no one has answered your question!
I have the original 30-pin Camera Connection Kit with a Lightning to 30-pin Adapter that I connect my Canon 7D to my iPad Mini 2, & it works great transferring my RAW & JPEG images to my iPad! I'm guessing this will work fine too =) Good luck!
- Answered by Stephanee Grace C from Vista
- Apr 14, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is this compatible with Canon 7D that uses a CF card? Can I use to connect from camera direct to iPad air 2)
Can i use this adapter to import mp4 videos into my iPad mini w/retina?
- Asked by Todd K from Stone Mountain
- Jul 15, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i use this adapter to import mp4 videos into my iPad mini w/retina?)
I can import videos taken from my Sony NEX5 (I tried 1080p/AVCHD format) and Nikon D90 (I tried 720p format) with no problems. If you can convert your videos into formats used by popular DSLR/Camera brands, you might be able to transfer them.
- Answered by Jose Alfonso Lorenzo R from Mandaluyong
- Sep 23, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can i use this adapter to import mp4 videos into my iPad mini w/retina?)
Can I transfer my photos albums and videos to a kflash drive from my iPad Aire?
- Asked by Robert S from Asbury Park
- Oct 25, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I transfer my photos albums and videos to a kflash drive from my iPad Aire?)
Will this adapter work with Kodak C813 Easy Share camera?
- Asked by Janet B from Shinglehouse
- Aug 11, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adapter work with Kodak C813 Easy Share camera?)
Can photos be downloaded directly from my Nikon Coolpix S9300 or will I need an adapter? Thank you.
I have an SD 8 gb.
- Asked by Anita C from Ridge Field
- Jun 16, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can photos be downloaded directly from my Nikon Coolpix S9300 or will I need an adapter? Thank you.)