Questions & Answers for Lightning Digital AV Adapter
263 Questions from the Community
Ipad to smartboard projector?
Best way to connect?
Smartboard is currectly working with a Dell PC at my school, I want to sometimes project education apps from my Ipad for my students
- Asked by R C from Oxford
- Feb 28, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Ipad to smartboard projector?)
Will i get lag or jittering from using this cable
I have used airserver and I got masses of lag and it was no good for gaming. Is this better?
- Asked by Amanda W
- Aug 31, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will i get lag or jittering from using this cable)
It still will lag. Games running at 60 frames will run at half speed.
- Answered by Henry Mauricio M from Sylmar
- Sep 29, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will i get lag or jittering from using this cable)
playing iphone 5 on my vehicles navigation display
Is it possible to play video produced by an iphone 5 over my vehicles navigation system screen with only AV outlets?
- Asked by Clint C from Baton Rouge
- Jun 20, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (playing iphone 5 on my vehicles navigation display)
Does this work with a uo smart beam laser projector?
- Asked by Toya P from Aurora
- Oct 21, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this work with a uo smart beam laser projector?)
Does this work with the iPod Nano 7th Generation?
- Asked by Peter D
- Dec 26, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this work with the iPod Nano 7th Generation?)
If i buy this product can I stream LoveFilm onto my HD TV?
I've read that you can stream some on-demand services, but will it work with LoveFilm, and even with BBC iPlayer, 4od, 5 demand and ITV player? Thanks
- Asked by Callum B
- Apr 16, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (If i buy this product can I stream LoveFilm onto my HD TV?)
Hulu and the iphone 5
I have a iphone 4 and watched Hulu thur my lcd tv and I have just got a iphone 5 and will have to replace my cables, the salepersom at radio shack told me I needed a Lighting to 30 pin adapter and to use my old 30 pin HDMI cables for my iphone 4. I just pluged it in today and all I get is sound no video on the my tv only but I do get video on the iphone 5 screen , I was told I really needed a Lightning Digital AV Adapter but was thinking is hulu still doing iphone to tv video output on the iphone 5?
- Asked by Jimmy V from Earlington
- Dec 12, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Hulu and the iphone 5)
Will this work on my iPad Air 5th gen (wifi only)? I noticed that some similar products states that you need 3g and hotspots to connect to TV.
No answers yet
No you cannot. The Apple TV has a micro USB connection. This cable is designed for a lightning connection to HDMI. You cannot use it in reverse to send HDMI to lightning either.
- Answered by Brian L from Ridgefield Park
- May 1, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can you use this to connect an apple tv to a cinema display?)
I want to do Keynote presentations off my ipad pro (wifi only) through a projector. Will this work? I ask because some say you need 3g version.
No answers yet
Can i watch fox go app using this cable
- Asked by Linda T from Burnie
- Aug 30, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i watch fox go app using this cable)
is it can do iphone 5 screen mirroring.
- Asked by Sungdo C from Los Angeles
- Oct 23, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (is it can do iphone 5 screen mirroring.)
Yes: " The Lightning Digital AV Adapter mirrors exactly what you see on iPad with Retina display, iPad mini, or iPhone 5..."
- Answered by Douglas B from Sydney
- Oct 25, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (is it can do iphone 5 screen mirroring.)
Unless your devices have a lightning connector as the iPad mini for example doe's you won't be able to use this with earlier model iPads. You may be able to solve this challenge by also buying the Lightning to 30‑pin Adapter.
Use this ultracompact adapter for iPad accessories that depend on the 30-pin connector.
- Answered by Michael F from Spokane Valley
- Dec 6, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will the Lightning digital AV adapter work with my smart board at school with an iPad mini or other earlier iPads?)
can I use this adapter to mirror my iPhone 5s image onto my macbook pro screen?
- Asked by Kum-kum B from Santa Barbara
- Jul 21, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use this adapter to mirror my iPhone 5s image onto my macbook pro screen?)
If by "iPad 4", you mean either "iPad with Retina display" or "iPad mini 4", then YES. See the Compatibility list for this product for details on compatible iPads as of this date:
iPad with Retina display
iPad mini 2
iPad Air 2
iPad mini 3
iPad mini 4
iPad Pro (9.7-inch)
iPad Pro (12.9-inch)
- Answered by Daniel R from Madison
- Apr 13, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does lighting 8 pin cable digital AV adapter work on ipad4)
Will this product work on the Panasonic eXport system on a plane?
Specifically Cathay Pacific. They have composite and S video inputs so if I bought an HDMI to composite adapter would this lightning adapter work?
- Asked by Victor A from Germantown
- Apr 6, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this product work on the Panasonic eXport system on a plane?)
No. HDMI is digital and composite/s-video is analog. Most adapters that convert are expensive and require an addition power supply to plug in. There is not a cable that will do this.
- Answered by Sean S from Mt. Pleasant
- Jun 3, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will this product work on the Panasonic eXport system on a plane?)