Questions & Answers for AirPort Time Capsule - 2TB
548 Questions from the Community
This depends on what your situation is. The Airport Express can be used as a Wi-Fi extender to improve the range of your wireless network. Yo can also hook up the Express to your stereo/speakers and use the AirPlay function.
- Answered by Robert B from Derby
- Dec 28, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Do I still need my my Apple AirPort Express if I purchase a AirPort Time Capsule?)
Yes you always need an external hard drive! iCloud/iTunes Match does NOT back up your uploaded music you've imported into iTunes (CDs...). It only backs up iTunes music that's available in the iTunes store available in your country. Be advised, your "purchased" iTunes music is NOT yours to own, but yours to manage. Back it up so you can always import it again in the future if that music has been deleted from the iTunes store. Happens too frequently. I found this out the hard way. I say have a plan, then have a back up plan.
- Answered by Graham S from Columbus
- Jan 5, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (I am backing up my MacBook pro and my iphone etc. to the Apple cloud. Do I need The Time Capsule also?)
two 2.5inch HDDs or one 3.5inch HDD in it?
- Asked by Ker Z from Sacramento
- Jun 10, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (two 2.5inch HDDs or one 3.5inch HDD in it?)
The Airport Time Capsule has one vertically mounted 3.5 inch desktop style drive.
- Answered by Mark H from Santa Cruz
- Jun 10, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (two 2.5inch HDDs or one 3.5inch HDD in it?)
i already have the older 4th gen version of the time capsule. Can i transfer from the older version to the new version without losing any data ?
No answers yet
Which app should I download to access time capsule from I phone 6s plus?
I have airport utility,but it stops like that. What extra should we do to download?
- Asked by Mahesh K from Davanagere
- Mar 19, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Which app should I download to access time capsule from I phone 6s plus?)
Can Time Capsule backup an external drive connected to the USB port?
I would like to connect a hard drive to the USB port of my AirPort Time Capsule for the purpose of providing a universal drive for movies and files shared by all computers on my wireless network. I am curious - can you select the drive plugged into the Time Capsule USB port to also be backed up by the Time Capsule itself? The reason I would want to do this is in the event that the external drive breaks, a copy of the files are on the Time Capsule itself.
- Asked by Galen H from New York
- Jan 13, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can Time Capsule backup an external drive connected to the USB port?)
Not tiger but yes to snow leopard.
The older devices will connect to the slow bandwidths if signal
- Answered by Daniel H from Brisbane
- Apr 20, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will this work with a 2007 MacBook running Tiger or Leopard?)
Does my time capsule (square/flat) need to be kept on the desktop, or can it be kept in a cupboard? Does it need better ventilation?
No answers yet
Does the time machine needs internet to work
- Asked by Ariel B from Lake Worth
- Mar 27, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the time machine needs internet to work)
Can you connect 2 time capsules on the same home network?
- Asked by Larry A R from Clarksville
- Jul 22, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you connect 2 time capsules on the same home network?)
Can I access photos stored on airport time capsule via itv?
- Asked by Keith B from Canberra
- Jan 18, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I access photos stored on airport time capsule via itv?)
Does the Time Capsule router create a physical firewall?
- Asked by Raymond A B from Myrtle Beach
- May 31, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Time Capsule router create a physical firewall?)
Can the device be laid on it's side or will that hurt the range?
- Asked by Matthew B from Arlington
- Jul 18, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the device be laid on it's side or will that hurt the range?)
The device is better stood up as intended.
- Answered by Peter H
- Jun 5, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can the device be laid on it's side or will that hurt the range?)
How do I restrict folder access for other users in the same household?
I am using Time Capsule to back up my Mac Pro as well as share some media files with other members of the household.
However, I do not want the other users to have access to certain, specific folders. How do I restrict access at the folder level so I can share some files but not all files?
- Asked by Berkeley R from San Francisco
- Jul 19, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I restrict folder access for other users in the same household?)