Questions & Answers for Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter
106 Questions from the Community
Will this adapter work with my iPhone 6 inside its Apple smart battery case?
- Asked by Amit B from San Antonio
- Sep 7, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adapter work with my iPhone 6 inside its Apple smart battery case?)
Yes as long as you are running iOS 10. I specifically bought it for this purpose. I bought the adapter specifically to connect my Bose QuietComfort® 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling® headphones for Apple® devices to my iPhone 6s through the 6s Smart Battery Case lightning port (because the Bose have a L-shaped connector that won't insert through the straight opening of the battery case).
The 3.5 mm to Lightning adapter allows full pass through of in-line mic and controls. On initial plug in to the Smart Battery case Lightning Port of the 3.5mm to Lightning adapter with the Bose, the controls did not work. However, unplugging and replugging the adapter with the Bose Headphones attached allowed the controls and mic to work.
As long as your headphones are designed to work with iPhones, then they should work with the 3.5 mm to Lightning adapter, at least on a 6s using a Smart Battery case. As I don't have my iPhone 7 yet, I can't speak specifically for the iPhone 7, but it works fine even through the Lightning port on the Smart Battery case with the 6s and the headphones I have tried. Again, sometimes you may need to unplug and replug into the Lightning port.
- Answered by George M from Dacula
- Sep 22, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will this adapter work with my iPhone 6 inside its Apple smart battery case?)
What are the technical specificatins of this adapter?
I would like to know what the sample rate and bit depth of the digital stream to the adapter is, is it dependant on the original file?
Also what is the power rating of the built pre amp?
How do these compare to the circuitry which was on previous iPhones?
- Asked by Andrew Z from Maroochydore
- Sep 9, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (What are the technical specificatins of this adapter?)
Does it drain the device's battery?
The lightning end leads me to believe that it would connect to the device's power source and lower the battery life quickly.
- Asked by Rhana M from Vallejo
- Sep 7, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it drain the device's battery?)