|Mac OS X Combined Server (10.3.4) Update 10.3.4|
About Mac OS X Combined Server (10.3.4) Update
About Mac OS X Combined Server Update
With Mac OS X Server v10.3, Apple has integrated popular open source software technologies and created innovative management tools to make it easy to provide powerful standards-based server solutions. With over 150 new features, including centralized directory and authentication for Mac and Windows clients, Mac OS X Server is a comprehensive platform that is ideal for corporate and educational institutions. This 10-client edition of Apple’s award-winning UNIX-based server operating system is the easiest way to deploy powerful Internet, network and small workgroup services.
Whats New in this Version
The 10.3.4 Server Update delivers enhanced functionality and improved reliability for Mac OS X Server v10.3 and is recommended for all systems.
Key enhancements include:
- improved reliability of AFP, SMB/CIFS and NFS file services, and network automounts
- enhanced Server Admin, Workgroup Manager and Network Image Utility applications
- improved Open Directory scalability and reliability, Active Directory integration and Kerberos support
- updated QuickTime streaming and broadcast services for compatibility with 3G phones
- added support for background rebuilding of RAID mirrors, and network VLAN tagging
- updated to Samba version 3.0.2 and MySQL version 4.0.18
- improved PostScript and USB printing
- additional support for FireWire and USB devices
- improved compatibility for third party applications and devices
- previous standalone security updates (This update does not include Security Update 2004-05-24)
For detailed information on this Update, please visit this website:
You must export your MySQL database information prior to updating to Mac OS X Server v10.3.4, then re-import the data. See http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=107852
Learn More about this download...
This download supports:
|Download ID: sd4235||102MB|