|Xsan Filesystem 1.2 for Mac OS X 10.4|
About this update
The 1.2 Update delivers overall improved reliability for Xsan and is recommended for all systems running 10.4.
It includes fixes for:
- improving AFP performance when resharing Xsan volumes
- more accurate file permissions when sharing Xsan volumes via AFP
- accessing Xsan volumes larger than 16 terabyte in size
- greater server stability when resharing Xsan volumes via NFS
- handling quotas with no associated user or group name
- maintaining access to Xsan volumes when metadata controller failovers occur
- providing metadata controller services to 10.3.9 and 10.4 systems running Xsan 1.2
- operating Xsan in environments with a mix of 10.3.9 and 10.4 systems
If any system in your SAN is running Xsan 1.2 on Mac OS X v10.4, then your metadata controllers must also run the same. You can not use a metadata controller running on Mac OS X v10.3 if any client is running Xsan 1.2 on Mac OS X v10.4.
This download supports:
|Download ID: sd10355||8.9MB|