Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I purchase the AppleCare Protection Plan or AppleCare+?
The AppleCare Protection Plan and AppleCare+ are available at the Apple Online Store, Apple Retail Stores, and many Apple-authorized resellers and wireless service providers.
How do I initiate repair service under the AppleCare Protection Plan or AppleCare+?
- Carry-in service. Carry your product into an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider.
- Customer drop-off. Contact us and we’ll provide you a Repair ID number to take with your iPod, iPad, or iPhone to any UPS store in the United States. The UPS store will ship your hardware to Apple for repair service. When service is completed, Apple will ship the serviced unit back to you. There is no additional shipping charge for warranty repairs or repairs covered by AppleCare+.
- Direct mail-in service. Contact us and we’ll send you everything you need to mail your Apple product to us for repair. When we’ve completed your repair, we’ll ship your product back to you. There is no additional charge to you for shipping.
- Onsite service. Contact us and we’ll help you arrange an Apple-authorized repair for your desktop Mac at your location, at no additional charge.
- Do-It-Yourself service. Contact us and we may be able to send you what you need to service your own product, such as accessories.
- Express Replacement Service for Apple Watch, iPad, and iPhone. Contact us and we’ll send you a replacement device right away. After you receive your replacement device, send us your faulty device to complete the transaction.
AppleCare products for Apple Watch, for Mac, for iPod, for Apple TV, and for Apple Display provide global repair coverage. Service will be limited to the options available in the country where service is requested. Service options, parts availability, and response time vary by country.
All repairs will be completed using genuine Apple parts for repair service. All repairs are performed by Apple-authorized technicians.
Please see the AppleCare Protection Plan or AppleCare+ Terms and Conditions for complete details.
Is the AppleCare Protection Plan or AppleCare+ transferable?
Yes. If you choose to sell or give away your Apple product, you can also transfer the ownership of the AppleCare Protection Plan or AppleCare+. Please see the Terms and Conditions for complete details.
When I purchase the AppleCare Protection Plan or AppleCare+, do I need to register it?
You do not need to register AppleCare+ as it is always automatically registered.
In most cases, if you purchase the AppleCare Protection Plan at the same time as your Apple hardware from the Apple Online Store, the Apple Retail Store, and select Apple resellers, you will not need to register it as your AppleCare agreement will be automatically registered.
With automatic registration, you will receive a proof of coverage, either immediately in the form of a receipt that indicates the end date of your AppleCare product coverage or within thirty days in the form of a Proof of Coverage certificate.
You’ll need to register your AppleCare Protection Plan only if you purchase the plan and your covered product separately, or if you purchase your hardware from a reseller who does not automatically register the plan.
You can register your AppleCare Protection Plan here or contact Apple at the phone number included in your AppleCare Protection Plan package. To verify that your hardware is covered under the AppleCare Protection Plan, click here. The registration process can take up to 24 hours to be visible in Apple’s systems.
Your AppleCare Protection Plan and AppleCare+ coverage starts from your hardware purchase date. There are many benefits to registering your AppleCare Protection Plan as soon as you purchase it.
For example, after you register, Apple will have your hardware, AppleCare Protection Plan, and personal contact information on file. When you contact Apple for service or support, Apple can access your information right away and start addressing your issue, rather than spending time verifying your eligibility.
How can I verify how much coverage I have left?
You can verify your coverage here.