Apogee JAM Guitar Input
Apogee JAM Guitar Input
Perfect tone anywhere
The Apogee JAM digital guitar interface lets you record the rich warmth of your guitar's tone with digital purity on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Mac using one simple "take-anywhere" device. Whether you're on the road or in the most advanced recording studio, JAM captures your next great performance.
Made for GarageBand and Logic, but works with any app
With pristine digital sound JAM is a premium digital device featuring PureDIGITAL technology that delivers your guitar's true tone to your iPad, iPhone and Mac without compromise. JAM is the first high-quality interface that makes a digital connection to both iOS devices and Mac.
Built for the future
Introduced in 2011, the original JAM became a standard iOS mobile recording device for both aspiring and professional artists. The latest JAM delivers unsurpassed recording quality and even better tone. It's optimised for the latest iPhone, iPad and iPod touch models, allowing you to record in pristine fidelity up to 24-bit/96 kHz.
Since 1985, Apogee has continually produced award-winning technology that powers many of the world's most respected studios. Apogee products have been instrumental in capturing countless GRAMMY and OSCAR winning performances.
Apogee Electronics—Setting the standard since 1985
For over 25 years, Apogee Electronics has been a leader in professional digital audio. Apogee products are used in some of the most prestigious recording studios around the world and have been instrumental in making countless GRAMMY and OSCAR winning recordings.
Upgraded sound quality with punchy, clean-amp tone
Designed for electric guitar bass and acoustic guitar works with pickup
Up to 96 kHz/24-bit HD recording
Works with iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Mac
Lightning, 30-pin and Mac USB cables included
With no confusing setup, you can start recording in minutes
Made for GarageBand, Logic Pro and Mac
Compatible with all popular guitar and music recording apps on iOS and Mac
Low-noise digital connection with studio-quality preamp
Made in the U.S.A.
Did You Notice?
Jam is a true digital device featuring special circuitry designed specifically for guitar and bass. The Apogee engineers responsible for Jam's sound quality have created professional audio recording products found in recording studios around the world and heard on countless hit records.
Apple Recommends For
Beginners and seasoned players who want a high-quality guitar sound for practicing, recording, or just jamming on both iPad and Mac.
What’s in the Box
Apogee Jam Digital Guitar Interface
Lightning cable for connection to iOS devices (1 m/3.3 ft.)
USB cable for connection to Mac (1 m/3.3 ft.)
Quick start guide
Input Type: USB
Cable length: Lightning cable: 1 m/3.3 ft. (iOS device connections); 30-pin cable: 0.5 m/1.6 ft. (iOS device connections); USB cable: 1 m/3.3 ft. (Mac connection)
Height: 0.9 in./2.89 cm
Length: 3.75 in./9.5 cm
Width: 1.2 in./3.05 cm
Weight: 1.6 oz./45.4 g
Operating System: Mac OS X v10.7.5 or later; iOS 6.1 or later
RAM: 2 GB of RAM minimum; 4 GB recommended
Input: USB 2.0 (for Mac); Lightning (for iOS devices)
Requirements Software: GarageBand, Logic Pro, MainStage or any Core Audio compatible application
Mfr. Part Number: JAM96K
UPC or EAN No.: 805676301471
Note: Apple’s One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer’s warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer’s warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law.
- iPod touch 6th Generation
- iPod touch 5th Generation
Answers from the community
How can you monitor your guitar playing if iPhone 7 has no headphone jack?
- Asked by Doug E from Box Elder
- on 09-Sep-2016
If you look at Belkin's reviews on their website, it's reported that the Rockstar adapter doesn't al If you look at Belkin's reviews on their website, it's reported that the Rockstar adapter doesn't allow data passthrough. Apple's own dock MIGHT work, though the awkwardness of having it attached is still an issue. I wonder it's possible to dismantle the dock and lay it all flat so i don't have to worry about snapping off that connector. I don't believe there is anything technically preventing an adapter that supports the daisy-chaining that lightning is capable of...but nothing has been announced.
- Answered by David R from Bay St Louis
- on 20-Oct-2016
Can I plug apogy jam into a guitar amp for live gigging?
- Asked by David W from Aberdare
- on 22-Nov-2012
Yes - Absolutely. I preform on a regular basis using this as a tool. In fact I am doing it right now Yes - Absolutely. I preform on a regular basis using this as a tool. In fact I am doing it right now. You can plug your guitar into the 1/4" on the jam and then plug the 'jam' into your iPad/MacBook. Use aplitube or GarageBand etc... You then need to use a 3.5 mm audio cable that is male on both ends to connect the headphones jack on the iPad/MacBook to your amp. You will need a 3.5mm to 1/4" adapter to plug the cable into you amp, just make sure you get a mono adapter - most of the ones you will find at audio stores are all stereo - your amp and most mixing boards for live shows will be mono and if you are using other apps in the background on your iPad it will only pick up one half of the stereo sound. You can 100% use this for live shows, I do it all the time. I also use MainStage, an app for my MacBoook Pro which allows even more in depth pedal settings for live concerts. I specifically bought this to do live shows - It is fantastic! I have never even tried recording with it :)
- Answered by Matthew C from Montreal
- on 18-Apr-2013
Will the Apogee JAM Guitar Output work with iPhone 7 if there is no headphone jack? Will Bluetooth headphones work?
- Asked by Danielle V from Darwin
- on 09-Apr-2017
Only way which I tried myself is using USB DAC (soundcard) and Apogee JAM plugged to iPhone 7 throug Only way which I tried myself is using USB DAC (soundcard) and Apogee JAM plugged to iPhone 7 through powered USB hub. BTW. Bluetooth headphones are working with Apogee JAM but is not worth using it together because latency is too high and impossible to play live.
- Answered by Marek E from Brzeg
- on 13-Apr-2017
can the usb to lightning be used intead of the 30pin adapter
- Asked by Garrett C from Anchorage
- on 11-Dec-2012
Will the apogee jam work with I pad 2 running iOS 5?
- Asked by jamie M from luton
- on 19-Feb-2012
Apogee JAM Guitar Output to bluetooth speakers. How does this work?
- Asked by Günther K from Hennef
- on 15-Mar-2015
Due to the technology of Bluetooth it has a lot of "latency" or delay meaning that sound coming out Due to the technology of Bluetooth it has a lot of "latency" or delay meaning that sound coming out of Bluetooth is not in real time. This makes playing live music over Bluetooth a drag. You can connect directly to speakers with a headphone connector for best results.
- Answered by Rob C from Los Angeles
- on 17-Mar-2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
GarageBand turns your iPad, and iPhone into a collection of Touch Instruments and a full-featured recording studio — so you can make music anywhere you go. And with Live Loops, it makes it easy for anyone to have fun creating music like a DJ. Use Multi-Touch gestures to play keyboards, guitars, and create beats that make you sound like a pro — even if you’ve never played a note before. Plug in a g uitar or bass and play through classic amps and stompbox effects. Use a Touch Instrument, microphone, or a guitar and instantly record a performance with support for up of 32 tracks. Use the new Sound Library to download additional free instruments, loops and sound packs. Audio Unit Extensions in iOS 11 allow you to play, record and mix third-party instruments or effects right into GarageBand. And then share your song with friends and family.
Live Loops. Make music like a DJ
• Use Multi-Touch to tap and trigger a Live Loop cell or group of cells
• Get started with templates or build your own grid from scratch with Apple Loops
• Create custom loops by recording directly into a cell using any Touch Instrument
• Use Remix FX to perform DJ-style effects
• Tap record and to capture your performance
Play your iPad, and iPhone, like a musical instrument
• Play a variety of musical instruments on the innovative Multi-Touch keyboard
• Play and record using the Alchemy synth*
• Build grooves inspired by classic electronic drum machines with the Beat Sequencer
• Download free instruments, loops and sound packs for GarageBand with the Sound Library
• Capture any sound and apply studio-class effects
• Recreate legendary guitar or bass rigs using virtual amps & stompboxes
• Use 3D Touch to play keyboard sounds with polyphonic aftertouch**
• Record performances from third-party music apps directly into GarageBand using Audio Unit Extensions***
Drummer for iOS
• Add virtual session drummers to your song who take direction and play realistic grooves
• Choose from acoustic, electronic drummers and percussionists****
• Each character provides their own sound and the ability to create over a million realistic grooves and fills
Sound like a virtuoso with Smart Instruments
• Play an entire string orchestra using Smart Strings
• Perform with Chord Strips and autoplay using any keyboard instrument
• Groove with a variety of Smart Basses using upright, electric, and synth sounds
• Strum chords or trigger autoplay patterns on an acoustic and electric Smart Guitar
Create a song anywhere you go
• Record, arrange and mix your song with up to 32 tracks using Touch Instruments, audio recordings, and loops*****
• Record multiple times over any song section and choose your favorite using Multi-Take Recording
• Use professional mixing effects, including Visual EQ, Bitcrusher, and Overdrive
• Recording, mixing and exporting a song can be done at 24-bit audio resolution
• Trim and place musical regions exactly where you want them to play
• Automate the volume and record the movement of controls on Touch Instruments
• Add comments or lyric ideas to your song with an integrated notepad
Share your songs
• Keep your songs up to date across all devices using iCloud Drive
• Create custom ringtones and alerts for your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch
• Share your songs using email or Facebook, YouTube, and SoundCloud******
• Remotely add new tracks to your Logic Pro X project from your iPhone or iPad via iCloud
* The Alchemy synth is available on iPhone 6 or later, iPad Pro, iPad (5th generation), iPad Air 2, and iPad mini 4.
** Polyphonic aftertouch is available on iPhone 6s or later.
*** Requires compatible third-party Audio Unit Extensions apps from the App Store.
**** Requires free download from GarageBand Sound Library.
***** Multitrack recording requires a compatible third-party audio interface.
****** Sharing to Facebook and YouTube requires iMovie. …