Apogee MiC Digital Microphone
Apogee MiC Digital Microphone
Studio quality anywhere
About the size of an iPhone, MiC makes it easy to capture your best take with incredible quality, anywhere your music takes you. Record any sound you can imagine, from vocals to vibraphones, pianos to percussion and everything in between, and build a track right on your iPad with GarageBand.
Three products in one small package
MiC integrates a microphone, microphone preamp and an A/D converter into one compact device. Each part of MiC is designed to deliver the lowest noise and highest quality signal possible for a digital microphone. And it all fits in your pocket.
Built for the future
Introduced in 2011, the original MiC became the mobile microphone of choice for artists desiring that big-studio microphone sound. The latest MiC delivers unsurpassed recording quality. It's optimised for the newest iOS devices, allowing you to record in pristine fidelity up to 24-bit/96 kHz.
Since 1985, Apogee has continually produced award-winning technology that powers many of the world's most respected studios. Apogee products have been instrumental in capturing countless GRAMMY and OSCAR winning performances.
PureDIGITAL connection delivers pristine sound quality
Designed for vocal, spoken word and acoustic instrument recording
Up to 96 kHz/24-bit HD recording
Works with iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Mac
Lightning and Mac USB cables included
Easy to use, no setup required
Gain knob and level indicator make setting level easy
Made for GarageBand and Logic Pro
Low-noise digital connection with high-gain, studio-quality preamp
Made in the U.S.A.
Did You Notice?
Three products in one, MiC combines a microphone, a mic preamp and a digital converter – everything you need to record.
Apple Recommends For
Anyone who wants a high-quality condenser microphone with incredible sound and total portability for recording on iPad, iPhone, or Mac.
What’s in the Box
Apogee MiC digital microphone
Lightning cable for connection to iOS devices (1 m/3.3 ft.)
Microphone stand adaptor
USB Cable for Connection for Mac (1m/ 3.3ft)
Height: 11.58 cm/4.56 in.
Width: 3.86 cm/1.52 in.
Weight: 181.4 g/6.4 oz.
Operating System: Mac OS X v10.7.5 or later or iOS 6.1 or later
CPU: 1.5 GHz or faster Intel processor
RAM: 2 GB of RAM minimum; 4 GB recommended
Requirements Software: For Mac: GarageBand, Logic Pro, MainStage or any Core Audio compatible application. For iOS: Made for GarageBand on iPod touch, iPhone and iPad. Works with other Core Audio compatible apps.
Mfr. Part Number: MiC 96k-LO
UPC or EAN No.: 805676301495
Note: Apple’s One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer’s warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer’s warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law.
- iPod touch 6th Generation
- iPod touch 5th Generation
Answers from the community
Can I use this with the iOS Camera app as a microphone while recording HD video?
- Asked by Arman A from Vienna
- on 10-Apr-2012
Yes you can. It will take over as the audio source for many apps, including the built in video reco Yes you can. It will take over as the audio source for many apps, including the built in video recorder from the 'camera' app.
- Answered by Thomas G from ESCONDIDO
- on 15-May-2012
Does this include the microphone stand adapter?
- Asked by Timothy M from Canberra
- on 15-May-2014
Yes, both the microphone stand clip and tabletop tripod are available on MiC world wide.
- Answered by Rob C from Santa Monica
- on 16-May-2014
Can I use this microphone in great quality for live chatting?
- Asked by Yi-wen W from chicago
- on 27-Apr-2017
Is there a way to connect the iOS Device to power while using the Apogee Mic? And if not, does it drain the battery of the iOS device quickly?
- Asked by Terri W from Pearl City
- on 04-Sep-2015
The new Usb3 Camera Adaptor now allows for lightning power in as well as USB input.
1 Answer(Is there a way to connect the iOS Device to power while using the Apogee Mic? And if not, does it drain the battery of the iOS device quickly?)
- Answered by JOHN N from CARINGBAH
- on 14-Apr-2016
using the apogee mic with iphone 6 video app, can you set audio levels?
- Asked by Richard J from Salt Lake City
- on 28-Nov-2015
Yes, the MiC has a gain wheel (input volume) on the side. The colored light shows the strength of th Yes, the MiC has a gain wheel (input volume) on the side. The colored light shows the strength of the signal. It works great for capturing sound for video!
- Answered by Rob C from Los Angeles
- on 05-Dec-2015
Is this compatible with the iPhone 5 using an Apple 30-pin adapter? If so, is there any degradation in the quality?
- Asked by Daniel R from ANCHORAGE
- on 27-Sep-2012
Compatibility: Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
GarageBand turns your iPad, and iPhone into a collection of Touch Instruments and a full-featured recording studio — so you can make music anywhere you go. And with Live Loops, it makes it easy for anyone to have fun creating music like a DJ. Use Multi-Touch gestures to play keyboards, guitars, and create beats that make you sound like a pro — even if you’ve never played a note before. Plug in a g uitar or bass and play through classic amps and stompbox effects. Use a Touch Instrument, microphone, or a guitar and instantly record a performance with support for up of 32 tracks. Use the new Sound Library to download additional free instruments, loops and sound packs. Audio Unit Extensions in iOS 11 allow you to play, record and mix third-party instruments or effects right into GarageBand. And then share your song with friends and family.
Live Loops. Make music like a DJ
• Use Multi-Touch to tap and trigger a Live Loop cell or group of cells
• Get started with templates or build your own grid from scratch with Apple Loops
• Create custom loops by recording directly into a cell using any Touch Instrument
• Use Remix FX to perform DJ-style effects
• Tap record and to capture your performance
Play your iPad, and iPhone, like a musical instrument
• Play a variety of musical instruments on the innovative Multi-Touch keyboard
• Play and record using the Alchemy synth*
• Build grooves inspired by classic electronic drum machines with the Beat Sequencer
• Download free instruments, loops and sound packs for GarageBand with the Sound Library
• Capture any sound and apply studio-class effects
• Recreate legendary guitar or bass rigs using virtual amps & stompboxes
• Use 3D Touch to play keyboard sounds with polyphonic aftertouch**
• Record performances from third-party music apps directly into GarageBand using Audio Unit Extensions***
Drummer for iOS
• Add virtual session drummers to your song who take direction and play realistic grooves
• Choose from acoustic, electronic drummers and percussionists****
• Each character provides their own sound and the ability to create over a million realistic grooves and fills
Sound like a virtuoso with Smart Instruments
• Play an entire string orchestra using Smart Strings
• Perform with Chord Strips and autoplay using any keyboard instrument
• Groove with a variety of Smart Basses using upright, electric, and synth sounds
• Strum chords or trigger autoplay patterns on an acoustic and electric Smart Guitar
Create a song anywhere you go
• Record, arrange and mix your song with up to 32 tracks using Touch Instruments, audio recordings, and loops*****
• Record multiple times over any song section and choose your favorite using Multi-Take Recording
• Use professional mixing effects, including Visual EQ, Bitcrusher, and Overdrive
• Recording, mixing and exporting a song can be done at 24-bit audio resolution
• Trim and place musical regions exactly where you want them to play
• Automate the volume and record the movement of controls on Touch Instruments
• Add comments or lyric ideas to your song with an integrated notepad
Share your songs
• Keep your songs up to date across all devices using iCloud Drive
• Create custom ringtones and alerts for your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch
• Share your songs using email or Facebook, YouTube, and SoundCloud******
• Remotely add new tracks to your Logic Pro X project from your iPhone or iPad via iCloud
* The Alchemy synth is available on iPhone 6 or later, iPad Pro, iPad (5th generation), iPad Air 2, and iPad mini 4.
** Polyphonic aftertouch is available on iPhone 6s or later.
*** Requires compatible third-party Audio Unit Extensions apps from the App Store.
**** Requires free download from GarageBand Sound Library.
***** Multitrack recording requires a compatible third-party audio interface.
****** Sharing to Facebook and YouTube requires iMovie. …